Saturday, September 30, 2023

The begInning of a new day-


 The last day of  September----- hard to believe-- Our beautiful summer has almost come to an end-- but (THAT big "BUTT")---   October can be nice---We shall savour the warmer days  for sure , because November can be "iffy"--

Both dogs have been out but--- but ---  "oh woe is me!"----no business was done--which means another walk later on--Mom just yelled in my head, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again"--


Life IS amazing---Do we ever stop and contemplate that?---It seems like only yesterday, I was living at home, with my Mom and Dad, spending the summers at Port Stanley, Ontario, swimming in Lake Erie, walking to the main Beach and  going out onto the Pier-- watching TV on our little black and white TV--- with popcorn popping in the kitchen---  and now-----here I am----a million years older----
Just stop, and  think --  How amazing life is-----
Be happy with simple pleasures and have courage when things seem to go wrong--  but--maybe things -are not going wrong--maybe, life is passing the way it is supposed to--who knows eh?--

To-day I must get to town and buy new phones for the house--We have had these house phones  for ever, and they are  not holding their charge--It kinda drives one crazy!-- It rings--you pick it up, and the phone stops--I have no idea how to hook them up, but it can't be that difficult, can it? --To-day, many people do not have a house phone--Phone directories are not distributed anymore---  The telephone operator, who used to know "everything", seems to not know anything anymore. ---  life is full of changes isn't it?

To-day might just be a good day  to sit --and sip-- and forget the world a little bit--and ignore the things I have to do, and--- just enjoy a cup or two---What do you think?
I hope you get time to just be "you"---  to thank the good Lord for what we have--to remember that in the end, everything does work out----be strong----








 

19 comments:

  1. No sitting and sipping for me today....I am determined to clean out my bedroom closet. Bought some new hangers that were recommended on a decluttering website and am anxious to go through clothes and hopefully let go of some of them! I have clothes in 2 closets upstairs too.....so it is time for me to bite the bullet and start - so maybe tomorrow I will not feel that I wasted this day.....love that final meme.....and I am hoping that I did something good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sanda--Good fopr yu--Its a great beginning-- Hugs--LyndA

      Delete
  2. A good day to sit and sip, but down here, it should be iced drinks today. For some reason the last day of September is predicted to have a high in the 90's (F of course).

    Hope you get the chance to live that bunny meme... just savor how amazing life is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, thought provoking inserts today. The last one really is meaty...trading a day of your life. Lots to ponder.
    I hope lunch at Lodge went well. I also hope you CAN lighten your load today and relax a bit.
    Take care. You are so special and so strong.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Kathy. I believe I will be sitting and sipping today. I did go to the gym this morning but my body is just really tired today. When I got home Daisy ran outside - so unlike her. Apparently the Carbon Dioxide alarm was going off downstairs. Scared her so much. We need to replace them - the one upstairs died this summer. We gave up our home phones several years ago - the only time it rang was when it was a sales call of some kind. We still get them on our cell phones - I just don't answer anymore! It's very warm and humid at my house today - going to be like this all weekend. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know . . . we live our childhood waiting to be an adult finally (to do whatever we want – or so we think!), then think about how quickly childhood flew by as adults. Ah well, teaches us to savor every moment.

    Oh I remember the days of the operator. Yes, they did seem to know everything. For sure.

    Definitely we really have to weight how we use our day, for we will never get it back again! Profound to think about! Going to try to make the day a good one.

    Have gotten Miss Lilly on 2 walks in the sunshine (well, me, too!) so That’s the start of a good use of the day! Enjoying nature. Unusually warm (76F) right now and supposed to last through Wednesday. Will make use of it!

    Hugs and blessings
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your insight!! and all God's blessings. Donna_cps2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're having a good day even with additional dog walking! And hope himself is having a good day and behaving. Has to be tiring when things are not going well. Love your inserts. Have a good evening. October starts tomorrow boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog! Sit and sip! Love it! I will be sipping a lot more tomorrow. It's Sunday. Our favorite day! Nice and sunny here in Ohio but I think I will stay in and relax. I've been busy this week and looking forward to it. I think you should get your sheets done and relax, too! lol Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swear I am losing my mind! I did my comment...I even remember some of what I said! Commented on the memes, agreed with most of them...except the one that talked about wasting time. One does not do that! You can use it for leisure...we all need that rest and recuperation. It is not wasted.
    I said that tomorrow maybe the doggies would do their duty as soon as you took them out.
    And I do wonder how my mom did it all. She worked long hours in an Oldsmobile plant...on the line. Still cared for me, cooked us good food, etc.
    Didn't go to karaoke...just too tired. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should be able to just replace the battery pack and not buy whole new phones. I order my battery packs from the big A. - Lisa

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!