Saturday, February 3, 2024

Keep calm and purr on-

Moo-cho cold here---  but sunny and ice-y--- I just got back--took Lopez up the road--  2nd time--in his parka--AND--he did his business--

AND----  Son#4 was here --took Himself to get his vocal cords looked at, at the hospital in town---2nd time--- Himself had Covid about 2 yrs ago--a very light dose of it--  but--it turned into "long Covid"---The Covid bug  attacked his vocal cords--and his voice went very high and he had trouble breathing-- That was about a year ago, and an ENT Doctor who comes up north here, from Toronto--injected some glue into one of his vocal cords, so it would close--(apparently we all have 2 vocal cords)---After she did that, his voice returned to normal , and his vocal cords would open and close again, as they were supposed to do, allowing air  to enter --or air not to enter-- so as not to aspirate-- 

The Doctor told us the procedure would last about a year--and that year is up--and just as the Doctor said, he was choking once again with a  high voice-Hopefully she (the Doctor) can fix it --
  That Covid bug is a terrible thing--Who would ever know it would attack one's vocal cords?--

Well, they just came home here-Son #4 and Himself-- Himself was told all is OK but he is to return in 6 mos to have it checked again----  That is great!--A miracle for sure--- so good of Son#4 to take him in and back --


Sushi is climbing around me here, so I must get off of here-- She is so afraid of Lopez--  I must order that other cat tree as she might like to sit up in it, away from Lopez--and look at us all downstairs-----I believe Himself could put it together if I ordered it from Amazon--She has a cat tree up here in the study but-----I think she would like to feel a part of all of us downstairs-



So, how is "YOUR" day going?--Life is  busy isn't it?---Remember, Dorothy and the Wizard Of Oz? --and-- how she just vanished --dropped thru the earth, onto another world-??-----  There are days that I might  like to do that---Do you think that way??---I used to love those books--Anyway--I used to read them to my younger sister--just so I could hear them all again-

-The sun is shining--- It is another day----  and we are fortunate to be a part of it---

                                                           KEEP CALM and PURR ON--
 


12 comments:

  1. It's Kathy. How great that your son took himself to the doctor this morning. Also great that himself is good for now. Sushi looks like she's not too happy with the situation. Funny how animals can tell us what's going on with just a look. I have very long (I need to hem them one day) sheer curtains in my living room. Daisy likes to go to the far side of the living room and hide her head behind the curtain. I think she thinks we can't see her! She's been doing this every morning for a few days now. She also has a "look" that tells me "Mom, I need to go outside, NOW!" Sometimes she actually does have to go outside, other times she tries to fake me out so she can have a treat! What would we do without out friends! Have a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Kathy-- I talk go these animals-- LOL---= I know they understand me--well, maybe not Lopez--He lives in s different world-- such a Guard dog --barks before the Shepherd--Ive been on the computer here trying to catch up on the Xmas bills--not fun--LOL-- Cute to hear how Daisy hides -Lynda

      Delete
  2. That's hard, not being able to talk the way you want to. Glad the dr could fix it, even if it's temporary.
    It's cold here, not even freezing. Cloudy, and the slight breeze is cold. Gosh, groundhog...not yet I guess. We've been very lucky so far with our weather, though.
    I have karaoke (Yes!) again tonight, so I am deliberately posting early. Sometimes I get caught up in preparations and before I know it, it's too late.
    Not much doing here. A bit of Sadie work, playing with Lucky, a brief nap, meditating, leftovers for supper then singing with my friends!
    I always kinda thought that Alice was having a very vivid dream. Either that or Auntie Em doctored her morning orange juice with something.
    Hope the rest of your day proceeds as well as the first part did. Get some rest/relaxation if you can.
    Tomorrow is the start of a new week, sis, and we will do well. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope that you get to your Karaoke--You enjoy it so much--It really must be fun-- --LOL--Yu are funny talking about Dorothy and the wizard of Oz-- Yes-a brand new week-- beginning Monday--YEAHHHHH -- Hugs Lynda

      Delete
  3. Good job, Little Lopez! You’re doing well.

    Wow! I do remember you writing about Himself’s vocal cord problem, but did not realize it was related to Covid. My DD has had Covid 3 times! Lord. She does have Long Covid, but her problem area is her lungs. She’s doing fine now, but it is scary! Glad that all is ok for Himself! That IS a miracle. And it’s wonderful that son #4 took Himself to the hospital to see the Dr!

    Awwwww, sorry to hear Sushi is afraid of Lopez. Another cat tree might be a good idea for your downstairs.

    Books are a fantastic way to get away from it all! Those words transport us to another world.

    No sun, but it’s mild and no precipitation. That is a good day.

    Our fur babies definitely do understand us! Miss Lilly will tilt her head from side-to-side when you talk to her! So cute.

    Here’s to a good Saturday!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb--- always appreciate hearing from yu--We had sun all day--but--it was cold---No more snow fell tho--which is always a good thing--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Great that son #4 took himself to the doctor today and that he is going to be ok for another 6 months. It is so nice here today - could be warmer but the sun is out which is so nice. It's been missing for some time! Supposed to be sunny and warmer all week now. Can't wait. Have a good night. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda , the sun makes such a difference doesn't it?--Lynda

      Delete
  5. Hi Lynda! Hope you had a nice day. Tomorrow is our favorite day and I think after getting your bed washed you should rest all day! lol Wonderful news that Himself got a good report at the doctor. What a good little Lopez doing his business on the walk. Sushi is such a beautiful kitty. You worked so hard to get her where she is now. I bet she may love that tower to be away to herself. Sunny in Ohio this afternoon and the next few days. Makes me happy! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to-day ordered Sushi another cat tree--- Hopefully I can put it on the landing upstairs and she can look down and see us all and Lopez cannot get her--We shall see-- I good day was had by all here to-day--Lynda

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see how she like it!

      Delete
    3. Glad #4 came by and helped you out. I am sure Himself acted much better with him....
      Kitty is so pretty....
      Have a great weekend....I go for my stress test Monday...ugh.

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!