Friday, February 2, 2024

The idea is to die young----as late as possible.


This is it--the big day--Will the little fellow see his shadow or not? -- Well, in most areas around here, he did not see his shadow, which  sorta means--an early spring-----if you believe the "folk-lore"----and we all want an early Spring---  so, I will believe it--LOLOL--

I am late posting AGAIN---because Himself went to his Day Program at the Lodge--  He knows that I have fresh roast beef, and fresh chicken-and he loves all that in a sandwich--so---of course, he has chosen to come home for lunch--- 


Keeping calm is good---  and we now have the sun shining---so we just might see our shadow----but----it was minus 12C this morning when the 2 boys went out to do their business-- Even the wee Chihuahua  didn't seem to mind the cold air on his tiny little feet----poor guy--living in the north---

There was a sign on the door of  Himself's Lodge--asking  anyone, if they have anything to contribute to the residents living all the time , at the Lodge, please bring  it in--things like Valentine cards ---chocolates are good---warm socks--  blankets--mittens-----pens--- magazines--wee notes --hand towels--- Apparently they make a bag of goodies for each resident  and leave the bag of goodies on each door, Valentines day--What a nice idea !-- I thought I'd mention it to all of you, in case you are feeling on a "giving mood"--- and just happen to drive by a LTC place--and --yu might wish--to drop off perhaps some stuff from the Dollar store---or something you might feel an older person might like--

So-- I must get off of here --get the 2 boys (dogs)-out again--and tidy up this place-- "Time is of the essence"-- (Dad used to say that)--Will there ever be a time in our lives when we have spare time??--I am beginning to think not-- and----remember--  that ground hog predicted an early spring, bless his heart--so--put away that chocolate and get the ol' body ready to get dancing outside---WITH LESS CLOTHES-  can hardly wait-------and that ground hog's prediction  better come thru--



                                                            Remember these people?

Put that "Spring" in your step-----It's a new day-----Lord love a Duck!-----and we are a part of it!





 

14 comments:

  1. I love that last meme of dying young! Thank you again!- Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy --nice to talk to yu--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Love that last meme especially, Lynda!
    Yes, Washington D. C.'s famous groundhog predicted an early spring, too.
    That's fine with me and most people. Maybe except the ice fishermen (and fisherwomen).
    Sounds like you and Himself will have a high protein lunch. I did, too, with some sliced pears.
    We are due for karaoke again tomorrow. I have to check with our friend in a neighboring town who wants us to pick her up for 1 more thrip with us to the venue. Her brain is shrinking rapidly, and she is thinking this may be her last chance. Kinda sad, but I think it will probably be an easy passing for her.
    I'm glad Himself is as good as he is.
    Did you ever decide on a cat tree for Sushi?
    Here's the link to copy and paste about music helping our brain: https://www.aarp.org/health/brain-health/info-2023/how-music-affects-the-brain.html You should be able to log in to AARP without a password
    Sadie needs to get busy here soon, so I will sign off. Enjoy your lunch. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, our Punxatawney Phil says an early spring. We shall see. He’s doesn’t tend to be very accurate!

    Oh my. Used to think retired life would provide spare time in our lives. Hasn’t worked so far! OY

    Yup . . . planning on dying young as late as possible!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Kathy. I was also a wimp! I depended on my husband and my dad - and then my husband left me and our 5 children. He said he's come help if I ever needed him but the one time I called him - well, he did come and then made me feel very stupid for not knowing what to do. My dad would come and help me when I needed it but I hated having him drive all the way out here. So I learned how to do a lot of things on my own! But I have been spoiled by Tom. Although I still have to be strong for my children. I guess being strong is the best way to be! I love the last meme of the lady staying young as long as possible! What a nice idea for the people who live at the center to provide them with a little Valentine gift. I'm sure they all appreciate it! Have a wonderful day! It's still warm here with sunshine so Daisy and I will be walking later - I know a lot of people are missing the cold, the ice, and the snow; but not me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your husband left you with 5 children?----You must be strong--no--I do not miss that snow-Lynda

      Delete
  5. Hoping Himself had a good time at the Lodge, and ate a good lunch that YOU made! I don’t care about the poor ground Hog, humans making money off the silly thing, how much longer will they be using him ?? And Valentines Ads on tv, with diamonds and expensive stuff, nonsense! Used to be a sweet thing. Lynda, hope your weekend is pleasant, no angry words, etc. Stay safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know-- but its something to talk about on a snowy day--that ground hog--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynda! It is 36 and cloudy in Ohio but starting tomorrow it shows four days of sunshine! Yay! Both of our groundhogs predicted an early Spring! Sometimes, they do not see eye to eye but this year they did. I am sure Himself is happy today and I know he loves his roast beef. Hope you have a nice day and get some rest!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, early spring. It is sunny here today and about 60 degrees. Lookout for March tho....had some of our biggest snowstorms then. Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
    2. Well Darlene-- Hopefully we see Spring sooner than later--Lynda

      Delete
    3. It was about 36 here to-day--nice!-- Lynda

      Delete
  7. It's Marge.
    LOL die young as late as possible
    Cloudy,foggy, 30sF this morning in St.Louis so groundhog could not see his shadow. Either way, it's about 6 more weeks until Spring
    We can do this.
    I liked the idea of little treats for long term care residents.
    Your free time must go by quick with himself wanting lunch at home. I do hope you have a peaceful evening and weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow today so it was a good day Marge--Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!