Thursday, May 2, 2024

Maybe I should have married Lopez????


Repeat the following- I HAVE IT WITHIN ME RIGHT NOW TO GET ME TO WHERE I WANT TO BE LATER------I had to repeat the above---because, it has been a difficult morning ----Himself has decided this morning that he is just going to sit and stare out the front window--and that is exactly what he is doing  --

A smile and a good laugh go a long way----Lopez  keeps me smiling---  I am amazed at how many english words he understands---- like --when I tell him to go to his bed, he does that---then looks up at me, like he is saying, "Now what"---I happened to pick up Himself's cane earlier this AM, and Lopez absolutely freaked out--began to bark at me--You see if Lopez gets in his Himself's way, Himself  tries to whack him with his cane----Thank goodness he usually misses.

Anyway, it has been a difficult morning--mostly because Himself is not in a good mood--Eventually I shall get out and do some raking----and, it is Hair Day ---- that will help me giggle more---  I will bring Lopez with me in the car.-


I have found that the best way to deal with a person who is not dealing with life very well--at the present time, -- is --to not argue--to pretend I do not even hear him-- and--he usually will forget everything that he is complaining about --in time--It is difficult to do--but----"complain less" and "giggle more"--might be a good thing--

I received an email yesterday telling us that Seniors over 80 need a covid booster shot---- I must look into that--- but right now, I need to give myself a pat on the back--just for carrying on, even on difficult days--Who would think eh??


Whatever we do, we must never give up--be awesome--even thank yourself for hanging in -when times are tough--Lord love a Duck! -----Maybe that is why we are given dogs ---They just carry on , no matter what------  our companion for sure!---- They keep their mouths shut---stick by our side---ride in the car even tho the car ride might make them sick--- protect us----  and  think that we are awesome--I believe the best companion in the whole world can be your dog----He or she loves praises , never talks back ---

                                        Maybe I should have married Lopez --???  You think??


                                                            



 

13 comments:

  1. It's Kathy. I agree, my very best friend is my little Daisy. She makes sure I'm safe, comes looking for me if I'm not where she thinks I should be, and sits by me when I'm feeling overwhelmed and sad! I'm sorry himself is not having a good day but hopefully he will just sit with his thoughts and not burden you with them. We woke up to rain - totally didn't want to get up this morning. But it seems to have passed over us and maybe we'll see some sunshine later today! Hope your day gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy is a good girl--cute-- Lynda

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynda! Sorry Himself is not in a good mood today. Yes, little Lopez understands you and is such a good doggie. They are a lot of work but they give us so much in return. Tommy is one year old today! He got a good walk and new balls. So hot in Ohio already so we went early. He absolutely is obsessed with balls! You just wouldn't believe it! lol Yes, lots of giggles with the hairdresser. Enjoy your outing. You much deserve and need it! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to Tommy--cute name for him--Lynda

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I told him. Lol

      Delete
  3. I am soor you are having to deal with Himself’s bad mood. I’m sure he is in a scary place right now. You are wise to ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Difficult times for Himself-- for sure-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Sorry Himself is in a sour mood. But good you’ll have a chance to get out and you are taking Lopez with you.

    You deserve a pat on the back, a HUGS hug and a gold medal for how you carry on. So admirable. NOT easy.

    Continue to ignore DH’s bad mood as best you can. It is definitely NOT easy!

    Have a good time getting pampered.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bad day-- only hope things improve---Lynda

      Delete
  5. Hi Lynda: I'm glad you took Lopez with you as himself seems to be in a bad mood. And with no daycare tomorrow it will be a long weekend for you. Hope you had a good time at the hairdressers. Try to continue keeping your spirits positive. Have a good night. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes--I took Lopez--Things will be better to-morrow-Lynda

      Delete
  6. OMG! Before going to bed, I came to check comments! Mine doesn't show. Maybe forget to do their copy thing so if it doesn't post you can past it back in.
    This is the second time I read it, so I must've commented before.
    I have heard what you say about how to deal with people with Himself's condition: Agree when you can, listen but ignore when you can the tantrums, etc. It's supposed to be good to bring up pleasant memories from the far gone past. Makes them feel good, and they remember the old stuff better.
    Yes, our pets love us unconditionally. They always listen non-judmentally. They understand our moods, too. They'll stay away if we are rushing or grumpy and come close when we need comfort.
    Marrying Lopez? Could you find a celebrant?
    LOVE the first meme especially.
    Hope you see this. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping that today was a better day for you and Himself. I'm late to reading (been a pretty hectic cleanup kind of day down here in Ember-ville).

    Keep calm, and carry on! Both of us!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!