Friday, October 22, 2021

It takes courage to grow up!

 

Isn't that so true?---It takes courage!--  I tend to forget that---that I am Courageous! --I sound like the "cowardly Lion" in Dorthy and the Wizard of Oz------and this morning I feel like that--sorta---

You see, I was up at 5am--did my usual early morning stuff upstairs--quietly--so as not to wake up Senior Lopez who was in his cat crate crate asleep-- --or--so I thought--  then I went downstairs with Beau--fed him etc-- put in the wash--and by then it was about 6am and I heard  Lopez crying upstairs--When I came up, Lopez was at the top of the stairs--OUT OF HIS CRATE--- about ready to  manoeuvre  the stairs to get down to me--I MUST'VE LEFT HIS CRATE TOP open-----Lordy Be! ----  I managed to snafu  the little guy before he attempted the stairs---Why did I leave the top open to his crate?---  What if he had attempted the stairs?--These thought made me cringe !---a huge lesson to me! --  I will never do that again as this wee fella is an escape artist! 

I am courageous I guess to even attempt to raise this little rip snorter ----and--I am  tired! --I feel like I could sleep for a week---When I look back over my life, a whole bunch of crazy stuff has made me who I am to-day-- my nursing skills (even tho I never liked sick people)--so then I went on to teaching fitness classes which I enjoyed, both on land and in the pool-then had 5 children--Who has 5 children anyway?---That took a ton of courage to get them thru the party and alcohol stages--the pit parties--them changing courses and coming back home to figure out their lives-- and their Dad and I  happy to have them, as long as they left again after going in a different direction-

So, how on earth did I get onto all this, just because of Lopez scaring the "daylights " out of me ?(Mom's expression)

So at this stage of my life, looking back over the years, I must be so courageous-- and maybe I owe it all to this wee little puppy-Well, at least some of it!-Lord love Duck!-----

It has really taken a ton of courage to get to where I am to-day!


24 comments:

  1. Love reading your blogs

    Have a great Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lynda, you really are a strong lady. After losing Tess I would have been taking time to see if I was ambitious enough to take on the chore of raising a puppy or if I just wanted to have more time to myself to relax. But even with an old-er husband who seems to need more attention these days and already having a dog and a cat, you chose to take on a baby....puppy. Mark yoursef brave and still full of ambition and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the strength to tackle anything that comes your way and you prove it every day with all you do. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to have to get a dog. Maybe a little one like Senior Lopez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are courageous but even if you don't feel that way today. . . fake it until you make it. Have a great day! Got to go get ready for the granddaughter's overnight visit. . . I need courage for that . . .she wears me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how different events in our lives shape and mold us for future chapters in our lives! Surely raising 5 kids has prepared you to handle . . . that little escape artist Lopez! Glad you saw him before he attempted to come down the stairs!

    HUGS and here's to a good Friday and weekned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great day, you are doing what you chose to do, and it has made you stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen. You are courageous. Who has five children, anyway? Well... my mom did... but of her five? None of us has more than three! Guess we're not quite as brave. And three of us had singletons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are strong and very courageous especially to take on a new little pup. Puppies like kids have to learn things as they grow and you won't always be able to save them from doing everything. Lopez will survive. Hope all went well while you were out yesterday. Take care.��

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like Lopez wants to learn on how to do stairs. He's picking up things very quickly I see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great blog Lynda! Have a wonderful weekend! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynda you are a courageous person especially attempting to bring up a puppy at any age. 5 kids! AMAZING!(((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sure does take courage to live all of life and you are doing a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never really gave it much thought but it seems I am courageous too! Thanks for pointing that out. I also raised 5 children and did it pretty much on my own until I married my second husband - by then they were mostly grown up but he still helps fix things, answer questions, and helps them every way he can. And getting up at 5 am - I can't think of anything more courageous than that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe Senor (can't figure out how to do the tilda) Lopez opened the crate himself!

    Of course, you are courageous, honey...we all are. It take courage, faith and persistence to live in the world these days. Not even to mention prayer, kindness, humility, honesty, oh...all those positive characteristics.

    We are truly blessed! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are very courageous and we love you for it. Glad Senior Lopez didn't make it down the stairs. Sounds like you are raising a baby all over again. Hopefully he won't go through the terrible 2s :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes Lynda you are courageous. I don't think I would have taken on a puppy with Beau and Sushi.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Had to laugh at your escape artist. We also got a chihuahua puppy ,but a mix about 4 weeks ago.The first time we left her for a half hour in the crate, we came home to find her outside the crate! Crate was still locked and we have NO idea how she got out. Today, I found her on top of the desk in my office. No idea how she got up there. They’re sure are sneaky little creatures, but lovable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. And when one thinks about it, it takes a ton of courage for the little guy to attempt the stairs. We had to teach 2 of our dogs how to go up and down. Then when we removed the carpet from the steps, one had a bit of trouble. The other one would not walk on any surface except carpet. Fun little habits.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 5 children! I had 4 and often thought that was too many. They are raised now and some married some not and I have 6 beautiful grandchildren 5 married and one sophomore in high school. One great grandchild. She is in 3rd grade. So in the long run it worked out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!