Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Good Morning Beautiful People!

We have thunder storms all around us-- Lopez and I "hoofed" it up the road  and he did his business---  but--- I could hear some sort of animal in the bush, following us along the road--Lotza excitement  that I wasn't ready for-- Lopez could hear something  too as he started to bark and look into the bush.---  So we went faster! It could've been a squirrel-- but --it seemed larger--like a fox --or a bear. I picked up a long stick, just in case it was looking at Lopez as a meal! 

It seems that this is "wild life " day--  I was changing Beau's water  bucket--carried the heavy bowl out to the kitchen sink, and low and behold, as I was pouring the old water into the sink, am enormous dock spider emerged--- fell into the sink--  black--with very long legs--about the size of the palm of my hand-- It might've come in from the sunroom--or up a register  in the hallway-- so--I bashed it!----  Man oh man! One must be strong  when you live in the North--The only spider I have ever seen that size, are dock spiders--- This one seemed larger! --blacker too---

That was the excitement for to-day ----Yesterday I did cut the front lawn, and after supper, our Grandson called and said that he would cut the hill after school, if I could pick him up--That's the hill that I fell down last week. That is so nice of him--Maybe he could cut the lake side also--

Himself had a great day yesterday-- I am trying so hard to not get so upset when  he gets upset--just let it roll off of me--I cannot change him !--It is a lot of "mind over matter"--Poor fellow eh?--- I wonder if the Queen is going thru any of these changes in her life?---she and Himself are both in their 90's------I wonder if  people stood on their heads more, when they become  ageless?---  You would think that there must be some remedy other than medicine , to keep the old brain's blood flow healthy! ----  Weird thoughts here  early in the morning-


"Father's Day"  is coming up--My Dad was such a good person!---  There is never a day that goes by that I don't think of him! 
My Dad with son#1 and son#2 , in Florida, before they moved up north here! 


 

10 comments:

  1. My dad was my favorite person in the world! I also live in the jungle when talking about critters lol Have a great day! I hope the storm is not damaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the next storm does no damage to anyone. Yes, be careful out there. I had an owl fly at me once, when I wandered over off the dirt road, when we lived in the Sierra mountains in California, what a surprise, the eyes were scary! Nice that a grandson will help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your grandson is looking after that hill! It's a wonderful thing when the next generation starts picking up the habits of "adulting" as they call it these days. I've been watching the survivalists on the TV, dealing with bears and other predators, so healthy respect to those of you who live in their country!

    Hope you have a good day, and that your Himself does, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's got to be really hard to keep your patience on Fred's bad days and to hold your tongue. I admire you. The animals that you have around and never know what is lurking near you is scary especially with a little one like Lopez. Stay safe. And thanks to the grandson helping you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that your grandson is coming to help cut the grass on the hill! We have lots of heat here....100 degrees for the past 3 days! Too hot to work outside! Your giant spider would have caused me to have a heart attack! Being a "caretaker" is a hard job....stay strong, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have tarantulas in this neck of the woods that sound similar to spider you encountered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so blessed to have children and grands living so close!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More excitement at your house. Glad whatever was in the bushes, stayed in the bushes. Then, the gigantic spider. Glad spider showed himself and wasn't lurking in your bedroom. Glad you handled that problem. He sounds gigantic.
    Really glad to hear grandson is going to cut some of the yard...hopefully, the hill too. It would be great if he cut it weekly for you but baby steps.
    Hope it doesn't storm badly. 100degrees the last 3 days here.
    Happy Fred had a good day. It takes a lot of patience when he's not himself.
    Take it easy. Take care of you, Fred and the fur kids.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adored my Dad....and he adored me. My mother not so much..LOL
    I miss him to this day and I was 13 when I went to wake him for breakfast and found he had crossed over during the night. I had terrible guilt for years, thinking I should have done something...
    I do not like spiders, or snakes for that matter. We have had a lot of
    venomous snake bites this year in the states already this year, so they must be thicker than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a wonderful grandson and I really don't like spiders either.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!