Saturday, June 4, 2022

The Groomer, the dogs and the pump!

Big Beau was at the groomer--  We changed Groomers just before Tess passed----  Beau is not as nervous as he used to be, but, it is still a challenge to keep him in the back seat of the car. We tether him in--- Also, Lopez went with him , which  seems to  calm him down somewhat.-At least he doesn't vomit, or drool, nor does he pee  anymore, as the used to . He looks gorgeous , and must feel so much better with all that undercoat off of him--less shedding now! 

So, Himself  fell last evening--- just collapsed as he was going from the garage into the house.---  I helped him up---  You know, when you take a fall, and you hit the ground , one has to sit there for a bit, until one realizes that nothing was broken---  I know, because I rolled down the hill a few days ago,  and when I landed (stopped rolling) -- I was sure my left hip must be shattered-- but--IT WASN"T!-----and, now, a few days post fall for me, there is no aching--nothing-- I have lost more weight however---  Maybe it fell off me , when I fell--LOL--- I now weight 179 from 217---(just had to tell you!)_I must have strong bones! Poor Himself looks like he is still in shock from his fall!

Now--the  Tricks to get more of yer money for every gallon-

#1. only fill your car in early morning when ground  temperature is still cold. All service stations have their tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground, the more dense the gasoline. A one degree rise in temp. is a big deal

#2 When you're filling, do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode.  If you look, you will see the trigger has 3 stages --low, medium, and high. You should pump  at a low mode  minimizing the vapours that are created while you pump. If you pump at a fast rate, some of the liquid that goes into your tank becomes vapour. Those vapours are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you get less worth for your money.

.#3 The most important tip is to fill up when your gas tank is half full. The reason for this is the more gas you have in your tank, the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine.

#4. If the gasoline truck is pumping into the storage tanks, when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT FILL UP! Most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas in being delivered and you  might pick up some of the dirt  that normally goes to the bottom.

This article was given to me by Dorothy Ross who had it sent from Elaine Brueggen Stratton who  has worked in Petroleum in California for 31 yrs..--  

--so, I hope that maybe , we can save ourselves some money  at the pump---Lord Love a Duck! We need all the help we can get! 

 

17 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday! I'm glad your DH is well in spite of the fall. Glad your bones are strong too and you are doing well too. Great tips to save on gasoline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. Sorry Himself fell, write that on your calendar, in case the doctors ask. So glad your hip pain is gone now! Glad Beau was unshedded for awhile. Enjoy what you can this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that both you and Fred have had a fall this week and it really sounds like he's still dazed by his. Keep an eye on him Lynda. It's just great and a sort of miracle that you weren't hurt when rolling down that hill. Made me think of how my friends and I, when we were youngsters, would roll down big hills, laughing all the while. Wouldn't go like that now!

    Beau is a handsome dog and looks great in this photo.

    I have no car so no gas worries but it does sound like great tips for when a person is filling up at the gas station. Keep them coming, my friend.

    Love & many hugs coming to you, Fred, Beau, Sushi and Lopez xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that nothing broke (evidently) when Himself fell. I'd probably still be in shock (or shaky), too.
    Thanks so much for the gas filling tips! Wow. Will have to copy them down are share.
    Beau is beautiful no matter what, but it's greatest that he feels better.
    Hope you five have a marvelous weekend. It's karaoke night for me and some of my old lady friends. Our one night a week to party...but, for sure, not like we did when we were younger! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Beau looks so regal!

    Our inside joke regarding falls is to remind each other to 'skip the senior acrobatics' instead of saying 'be careful'. A fall for me in 2007 resulted in a broken leg and foot with three fractures and painful recovery as my body does not tolerate pain meds.

    Dementia can bring about balance issues with more frequent falls as it worsens. This is one of many things I learned when helping Mom care for Dad. With his many falls, he never broke anything although he experienced quite a few scrapes and bruises which he would show people telling them he had no idea how those happened.

    Appreciate the gasoline tips. Have cut/pasted them to an e-mail sent to friends and family.

    Great on reaching your goal to get into the 170's. Pat yourself on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phoenix1949. Forgot to sign onto Google e-mail first.

      Delete
  6. Good tips! And I hope you and Fred both recover from those falls. It's not easy, and the old-er we get the more shook up when we do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beau does look gorgeous. Cute that Lopez is the therapy dog for Beau.
    GOOD ON YOU LYNDA...THE 170s WAHOO.
    So sorry to hear Fred fell
    Glad to hear neither of you broke anything. Scarry stuff.
    Thanks for gasoline fill up tips. I already do some of them. I don't let gas tank get low as the sticker shock scares me.
    Have a great day. Be safe

    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the gas suggestions, I'm passing them along to my husband. Beau looks great. Glad he is cooperating better now. My Daisy gets her "spa day" in a couple of weeks - just before my surgery. So she'll be good to go for the months of recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the gas tips. Congrats on getting below 180, That is great, Hope himself is ok after his fall. Beau looks very good and probably feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the gasoline suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beau is a beautiful dog! I know he feels better after his grooming.

    So sorry to hear about Himself falling too. It does sort of stunn you to fall. I took a tumble myself recently 😵‍💫 Hopefully this new week will bring both of you better days.

    Thanks for the gas tips! I'm showing them to my husband. Lord knows we all need some help there 😉

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen those tips about gasoline before but it is good to get the reminders. One more tip to add. Don't make a trip to the store for just one or two items. In my case, I plan my trip to town something like this: stop one to pay two bills, stop two stop at dollar general, stop three gas station, stop four grocery store and five is post office if needed. I do not make a trip to one store unless it is for prescriptions. Never never let you car idle more than 10 to 15 seconds, idling burns more gas than you realize. In winter I will let my car idle long enough to clear the windows and that's it. A car warms up faster when it is in motion. Hope these are helpful as well as your list. Have a good evening and a wonderful tomorrow.
    Beth M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope Fred is not injured...it is always shaking one up when they fall..I know and so does David.........thanks for the gas tips...I always fill up at half tank, did not know the rest of that.
    CONGRATULATIONS on losing some more...way to get it off Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geez…so sorry Fred fell :( AND that you rolled down the hill…Both scary and upsetting events!! Loved the gas tips…they make good sense! Beau is beautiful …. ❤️Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad that it was a successful grooming trip for Big Beau! PHEW

    OH NO on Himself’s fall. Sorry to hear about that. But hope he’s all right. Having fallen last year, I agree . . . takes awhile to get over the shock! And happy that YOU are all right, too.

    Wow! Great job on 179 lbs! You’ve done a great job.

    LOVE the tips to get more value on your gas purchase. Never knew about using low mode! Makes sense, though. Thanks for sharing those tips!

    Here’s to a blessed and SAFE Sunday!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!