Wednesday, June 1, 2022

"Wake Up and Be Awesome"

Yesterday I went for groceries--(bananas for sure!)- around 3pm--I pretty much stuck to my list and the whole order was around $98--not bad for once.  You see, I did read all your comments on yesterday's blog and I was determined to try to do  better with the budgeting--( There was no meat in that order)--I wore my mask, as I always will do, but I found that most people were not masked. It made me feel uncomfortable! 

Yesterday, I published the blog and held my breathe as  "the Blog" was about , "trying to make ends meet" as Mom used to say , and something that we don't talk about too much--  All your comments   actually made me feel better as it seems  people who are living on a fixed income (as we do here)-, are finding that one has to be creative , to make the ends meet-- Thank yu everyone for writing!

I also got the front lawn cut , and reseeded---so--now, the Lake side of the house must be tackled.  The mosquitoes are awful outside. The bug suit is so necessary.  The poor dogs go out and get bitten . I try to not leave them out too long--the joys of living in the North , this time of year. --  Geese were flying over, yesterday morning, and again this morning. I always hear them before I can see the huge "V" formation.I do love to see the geese returning to the North! 

The Queen's Platinum Jubilee is being celebrated in England-- (I wasn't invited!)-  It marks Elizabeth's 70 years  as Queen.  She is the longest reigning Sovereign and the first to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee. That's  about all I know of that--but, on CBC, this AM., the newscaster was over there, and she had a mask of Queen Elizabeth and was wearing it! I absolutely loved  it!----

Yesterday Himself made a pot of soup---  and it was delicious! --  AND,  it really did make a good supper--that soup , and a salad---I think we eat too much--then throw  what we don't eat out--So, I am going out into the bugs--taking Beau and Lopez for a run around the property--- Life is good

We just have to wake up and be awesome  for sure! ----"Keep your chin up" as Dad used to say! 
--------------sending good vibes your way!----------------------------------------------------------------


 

15 comments:

  1. I am so pleased the Queen has made it to her Anniversary. I have followed her life since I was a little girl and she was called "Lilibet" and her sister Princess Margaret Rose was nicknamed "Rosebud". I remember when she was married in 1947, when "Bonnie Prince Charlie" was born in 1948 and then Princess Anne in 1950. Then when her father King George died in 1952 she became Queen and the Coronation was in 1953. I had scrapbooks of each milestone. So that's my trivia on the Queen for today. Just something I thought you may like to chat about with her over tea when you finally meet her. Well it doesn't cost anything to dream so dream on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willow--YU really are "up" on the Queen!-- WE both should go for tea at the Palace!-WE CAN dream--- LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Beautiful vibes back at you! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of identify the Queen with my mom, as they have similar life timelines. Except my mom passed away young (66) and the Queen has kept on living on! I'm thrilled that she's celebrating her jubilee, and the whole country with her. It's like she's the whole world's "gran" or "mum" depending on your generation.

    Glad your blog-comment friends helped you realize that you're not alone, either! We are all in the same storm... even if not in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the same storm isn't it ?--LOL--- Lynda

      Delete
  4. The Queens jubilee is exciting. I do wish she'd call you.
    Yes Lynda, those of us retired on fixed incomes are in the same boat doing the best we can to control spending
    I sure try to prevent throwing food away. Nice that Fred made soup. I know he makes a lot. Lol
    Minus the bugs...your yard sounds very inviting.
    Enjoy your day. Nice job on walking. Of course, yard work is also exercise.
    Beautiful vibes to you dear lady.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless the Queen!

    There are definitely a lot of challenging decisions to be made at this stage in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, groceries are ridiculously expensive. Got bananas. Last week it was 58 cents/lb. Today 66 cents/lb. good grief. And packages are being ‘shrunk’ and the price is inflated. **SIGH** Go figure. Definitely there were so many people in the store when I went to get freggies, most everyone was unmasked. **SIGH** NOT me, though.

    Good for you for getting the lawn cut and over-seeded. LOTS of work, lots of exercise.

    OH I hope that the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebration is wonderful.

    Glad that Himself’s pot of soup was delicious. So good paired w/salad.

    I bet Beau and Lopez loved their walks.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think soup is a really good option to get lots of vitamins and protein without having to use too much meat. Unfortunately, my husband isn't as fond of soup as I am. But after shopping today it seems we may have to cut back as well! Sorry about the bugs, that sounds pretty awful but it is really beautiful where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to finish planting my garden today but it is raining off and on and the soil is too wet to plant . . . so we have indoor jobs today like bills . . . we get paid the 1st of the month so that is when I usually do bills anyway. Trying to think of something to whip up for dinner that is healthy . . . I can think of lots of unhealthy options though. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynda, would your vet recommend a safe flea collar for your pups? I don't know if it would help for the other bugs, though. We used to have a tube of stuff for down Butch's back for fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. Not black flies, though.
    Glad you're getting your outside in order. It is great exercise! Just be careful if you bend over a lot to stand back up slowly one vertebrae at a time. I threw out my back for days after bending to pick up 1,000 puzzle pieces my kids had scattered. They, of course, had disappeared from the scene.
    I still have 2 bananas along with organic raspberries and blueberries. In the US berries are very high on the list of produce with the most pesticides and herbicides.
    Have you looked to see if you can get a queen's mask online that's not to expensive. It would be fun when you're at a family gathering or a town celebration! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no--- Yu threw out our back--- I fell to-day--was whipper snipping and fell on a hill and am really sore this evening--Good idea to search for a mask of the Queen-- Thanks for the idea! Lynda

      Delete
    2. Sending good vibes to you as well...off to bed now...stay strong, we are all in this boat together...

      Delete
  10. You can get at the pet store advantage II which keeps mosquitoes, fleas and all the rest away from your two fur babies. That should help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great that himself made soup. Last night we watched a segment by Gayle King on the queen and it was so interesting. I can not believe she is 96 years old. She really knows how to sport a hat like no one else I know. She is a lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!