Monday, June 13, 2022

You're braver than you believe.....

We have a sunny , buggy day-- I am waiting for the grass to dry so that I can cut it--AND---- I am pretending Himself is okay---(He's not!)-----  Good thing I can pretend eh??--This A.M., I took him in the car with Lopez, and I made a vitamin run, to Shoppers Drug Store--We stopped at MacDonalds and we brought a coffee home. That will sometimes "do the trick" to get Himself out of his bad mood--I think what upset him last night was , he wanted the temperature of the house  up to 76.4----(Very hot!)- and I wanted our patio door open so it could cool down--Little silly things make him so angry----

My Dad had Alzheimers , but , he was pretty funny  with it--  and he could laugh at some of his actions---like calling the Mayor of our city , telling him to turn down the heat in the city as he was too hot--  He was a Civil Engineer,  designing bridges and buildings in his career-- The thing that bothered him the most , were numbers---which he had worked with all his life---Horrible stuff happens as people age----

So, on a day like this, I will dream of days gone by--- when everyone was as they used to be! ---  One cannot roll back time, but  remembering  and choosing to remember the person  as they used to be, does help me accept  them, as they are to-day--  Deep thoughts eh?

Also, getting out and cutting grass ---  takes one's mind away from the moment--  Man oh man--such deep thoughts here ---Good thing that I have a good book too-- and---  any day the Queen might call--I know that too!--Lord love a Duck-----It's taking her a long time---

There are so many reasons to be strong--to stay strong-- 


 

11 comments:

  1. You are stronger than you think!! Just keep taking one day at a time.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Lynda. Go seize the day as you always do! Make it a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Himself would make the choice to get that baseline view of his brain, so professionals can try to treat him, to the best of their abilities. So much time is being wasted waiting around to see what happens. So you can make future plans. And not just keep doing yardwork, but actually living. I am sorry, thank goodness you are so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These 50 Inspirational Family Caregiver Quotes Will Get You Through Tough Days:

    https://parade.com/1004993/marynliles/caregiver-quotes/

    ReplyDelete

  5. No sun here, that’s for sure. Expecting storms.

    ((HUGS)) sorry things aren’t good w/Himself. Sorry that the temperature was a hot point for him. **SIGH** Yes, remembering better times does helps get through the tough times.

    HOPE that you do get outside to do the grass. Being out in Nature is soooooo therapeutic.

    Sending good thoughts and hugs

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved all the inserts in today's note.
    We can only deal with Today...just this 24 hours.
    Sorry the McDonald's coffee didn't lighten Fred's mood.
    Perhaps being outside will help you distract and stay strong. At least the yard is something different to focus on. I am glad you can remember that THIS is not Fred.
    Its crazy hot here in St. Louis and humid. We broke records today. Air temp was 100F. The heat index is some crazy number 106 or whatever. Suffice it to stay its stinking HOT.
    I sure wish the Queen would call you.
    Relax later...maybe play your piano.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing you are so strong. Helps to get through your life lately. At least you were able to get himself out for a drive with Lopez. Nice day here too. Hope your tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. Remember in good. One spiritual book I read taught, "About the past? Remember only the Love."
    Love is what to dwell on. Loving ourselves first, of course. Cuz if we don't take care of and love ourselves, we can't do the same for anyone else.
    Going to be 100F here tomorrow. Hot! And my new ac hasn't been delivered yet. I have an old one I might need to use, but it is not "energy efficient"
    More C words: Canada, candy, cats, coffee, cake...forget the word 'can't.' My mama said it shouldn't even be in the dictionary! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here I am, a day late. Hope the day got better, and Himself, too. Such an unpredictable disease, and we keep muddling! I have just today yet to check up on my sister's kitties before she comes home to them. But she's had a great time with her grandkids in the meantime.

    Onward, with kind thoughts wafting your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry Lynda...I know it must be terribly hard to deal with when Himself was so different before....perhaps he should never have retired then he would be busy busy busy and oh well..................I just feel so for you....the caregiver has their hands full sometimes.
    PS: I mowed our whole yard last night then found out I should not have done that after having the epidural in my back...lol...ooops....

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband is cold so much of the time. I tell him if he would get up and move around it would help but you know how that goes. They don't like to listen to advice.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!