Friday, September 16, 2022

Are you a "Pillar of Strength"?

The sound of rain--music to my ears--I do love to hear it! --I had the door open to our bedroom last night--I wanted to hear the rain. Himself closed it--does not like to see the temperature in our bedroom below 73--I may have to do away with that thermometer which reflects on the ceiling over our bed--*S*

Lopez and I did get our walk in, in the rain! He is really a trooper to come out with me (in his Parka)- with the rain drops falling on his head, and he did his business.--This will be a good test  for the roof-- the steel roof , which the 2 men  added more nails--  I guess the ice falling from it in the Spring, popped some of the nails--They repaired this roof--and so far, no water dripping thru to the sunroom--

There is always something to fix , isn't there?--or--some appliance breaks-- usually an appliance which costs a million dollars---  I suppose it is "that" time in our lives--

This is Beau--totally relaxed-- He is such a good boy-understands everything I say--if he could only live another 20 years eh?--  He is 7 yrs -with A Fib----Shepherds live about 10 to 12 yrs-- most of them-- We have lost a 4 yr old Shepherd--had to put down another who developed seizures-- Tess our other female passed at 11 yrs which was pretty good.--And I suppose Lopez, the holy terror wee guy,  will live forever--His life expectancy is 10 to 14 yrs--  but--He has already had two events which required a vet--How did I ever get to all this?--I suppose on a rainy day, my mind reflects on stuff--
Does anyone ever tell yu the above?-- --that you are worth a lot ?---that you keep the family together?-that you continue to put other members of your family ahead of yourself?----that you keep the "home fires" burning?--that your jobs are done silently with very little recognition and that's OK because you love your family--YOU ARE WORTH A LOT MORE THAN YOU REALIZE! -----
Enjoy  the day--- --Mom used to say about others- "She is a Pillar of Strength"---   I believe we all are! 


 

12 comments:

  1. I also love to hear rain. Awww, sweet Beau and rascal Lopez. I hope there are no water leaks from the roof. Have a beautiful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rain here in NH until maybe Sunday which is good as I have so much to get done outside. I think many of us are pillars to our families without much recognition for the efforts we make. I would like a few more Thankyous or someone to take me or make dinner but that doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, I love to hear the rain....when it hits the awnings over our windows makes the neatest musical noise and I drift away peacefully.
    Everyone of us is a "pillar of strength" I think. Who would take care of all the others if not for us ladies.....I have my hands full with David for sure, and I know Fred is your handful. Hope Lopez quits biting-the 2 we had were so sweet and gentle. I carried them in my coat pockets on a Greyhound trip once, and always took them in the store...I'd tell them to hide and nothing but their wee little nose stuck out. LOL
    Thanks for that memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do love all the comments to-day--because--I firmly believe that we do not get the recognition we deserve-and yes, Lopez still tries to bit my hands--hopefully, he will calm down soon--I do like the wee fella--we need "sweet and gentle"--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
    2. Glad you got the sound of rain. Ah yes, the light would bother me, too.

      Lopez – good boy! Glad that the roof repair worked. Have to just take it a day @ a time w/Lopez. You take good care of him, so he should enjoy good health.

      Yes, there are many times that I will putother before myself, but I guess that’s pretty typical of women of our generation.

      HUGS and hope you have a good weekend.

      barb

      Delete
    3. I love the sayings and you personally are worth a heck of a lot more than you think. Beau looks nice and relaxed and that's good. Hope the roof is fixed so there are no more leaks. Beau must wonder about the little terror Lopez and when he will leave him alone! Have a good evening.

      Delete
  4. I love listening to the rain. We had a little rain overnight and storms were predicted which I was looking forward to because I needed a day's break from walking. The storms never came but I didn't walk either. I feel guilty but Daisy loves me anyway. Yes, we mom's do hold the family together but sometimes it's a tough job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, I know one thing for sure and that is that you are definitely a pillar of strength. I read your blog every night just before I go to sleep. I look forward to it and enjoy hearing the stories of your day to day events. My husband is 80 and I am 72. Old age is not for sissy’s ! That’s what I always say. Sending my best to you and please know that I am keeping you in my thoughts. I’m from Massachusetts.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki--Thank yu just for being you-- You sure made writing to yu worthwhile! --- Stay strong--WE CAN do this -Lynda

      Delete
  6. Lynda, you are definitely a pillar of strength.
    I enjoy your daily postings and your inserts/sayings. They/you brighten my day. Thank you.
    I do hope Lopez stops biting...he would definitely try my patience.
    Hope the roof leaks are fixed.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank yu ever so ,much for writing-Yu make my day!---

      Delete
  7. It's Saturday afternoon and I'm just getting to Friday's blog!
    I am sure when I read Saturday's I will see if you had any leaks.
    That is a wonderful photo of Beau!. Fluffy tummy. If you tried to love on him in this position, though, it would probably disturb him.
    Lopez is mostly a good boy, right?
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!