Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Be kind to One Another---and Sushi!


 Here is Sushi--the feral cat who came in from the cold--who lived under our bed for about 4 mos-- came to the edge of the bed to eat--I could only touch her with an extended back scratcher ---used her litter box on Himself's side of the bed only at night when we were sleeping---and finally, one day---I went into our bedroom, and there she was , sitting "ON" our bed-----We figured she was a kitten--as she came into "heat" while residing under the bed--so about 6 most old! We had her neutered ---had her shots-- and even tho I tried to give her to the place which takes in stray animals, neither they, nor the city would take her, as she was feral---Poor wee thing eh?---

So, that's when I found a site on the computer which told me "How to train a Feral Cat"------and Sushi and I began to get to know each other--At one point, I tried to get her to live downstairs, but woke up the next morning, with her again, under our bed--I realized then that she must like us or why did she want to be under our bed--close to us?--

Anyway, she still lives mostly upstairs here--doesn't care for wee Lopez ----but, we know she goes downstairs every night--wanders around while Lopez is in his crate-She likes Beau-- every night she comes into our room, jumps over Himself, and comes and lies on my chest and purrs and purrs--then she leaves and goes wandering around the house, but returns again to our room and my chest a few more times in the night--Funny thing--If I don't hear her jump on the bed , she gets behind my head, in our bed, and pulls my hair , until I wake up, to stroke her fur.

She has personality plus-- how on earth she survived her first summer as a kitten outside--then the fall, and winter, when it was 30 below zero.  We finally trapped her on our lower deck, outside-- to get her in from the cold! Here foxes  would look at her as food--Lynx also--

So that is her story--probably one of many stories just like hers, as people seem to dump pets they don't want--just leave them in the bush to fend for themselves-SAD!

I must inform yu also, that I am NOT feeding the Hummingbirds anymore for this year--There are a few stragglers still around-----Hopefully they get the idea soon that it is time to leave!--  so, please watch for them around yer feeders--  I'm sure any that you see were probably here at our 3 feeders---  Can yu please welcome them to your area--give them a meal, as they  continue their trip to Mexico-??

so--that is all for today---  Lopez is calling-- but-------  Talking to you makes my day-- 
Lord love a Duck! --Be kind to one another---to the birds and the bees--and stray cats--It's what we are supposed to do----

12 comments:

  1. Loved reading Sushi’s story….she was so smart to choose YOU! She’s a beauty and a sweetheart as are you for giving her such a wonderful home. ❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sushi is such a beautiful cat! I love her coloring. Awwwww, Sushi wants you to know she’s there. LOL Sushi is lucky to have found her and I know you feel lucky to have found her, too.

    LOVE the picture of you and himself.

    HUGS and have a terrific Tuesday.

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, such a sweet story that of Sushi. I'm welcoming all the hummingbirds from the North. No problems at all. Have a beautiful Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a nice photo of you and Himself. He nearly looks like he's about to smile! I'm checking in from my usual spot near Adelaide in Australia. It's finally SPRING! I really struggled this winter with Raynauds causing my finger tips to lose all sensation or tingle or hurt. But not being able to feel stuff just makes cooking so scary. But! Today was absolutely gorgeous and I went for a LONG walk by the beach! People were smiling at each other and there were dogs off their leads on the beach that were so happy to run around in and out of the water and back again. It was the most wonderful hour or so I've had in a long time. I savoured every single minute of it. My legs are sore tonight, but that's OK. Have a lovely day and give all the creatures and humans in your home a pet, pat or hug from me and your self one too - just cross your arms and squeeze tight! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful reading Sushi's story! She and Lopez probably scare each other. Glad she likes Beau. Bet she liked Tess, too.
    We have feral cats around our building. When I went out this morning to do my pet sitting duty on the other side of town (I had to clean up diarrhea all around the half bath), there was one on the road...hit. Had to be dead. Looked like the head was completely off. So sad. Wish we could at least TNR (trap, neuter and release) them all.
    We understand the wildlife must eat, too. But not our pets! We should all be able to share this planet of plenty in peace.
    Love the photo of you and Himself! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely story of Sushi! I enjoyed reading about how you both chose each other. She's a lucky girl to be rescued from the bitter cold. All the hummingbirds are welcome here too. Our feeders have been extra busy lately. It's amazing how those tiny little birds can fly so far! We have three feeders too.

    Love the picture of you and Himself ❤️❤️ So nice to have that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you took in a feral kitten and taught her how to love you and living in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story about Sushi. Shes so fortunate to have found you as you are so kind,patient and loving.
    Great picture of you two!
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a nice picture of you and Himself! Sushi is a lucky cat, for sure. The books on Hummingbirds say to keep feeding, they leave when they are ready, stopping feeding will NOT make them leave. Keep feeding until they go on their own time and are gone. Been feeding them over 50 years, they just suddenly are gone……. Keep warm….

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynda, I got an email that I would like to send you but don't have your email. It's from the Alzheimer's Society in Toronto . They have a lot of courses and webinars, etc on line that would be very useful to you. Please look it up and one webinar is on Thursday morning that would be useful to you. Website is alz.to. They may have others at the branch up there or the same ones. Nice picture of you and Fred. Sushi is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email is--- fldunloplake@vianet.ca

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!