Thursday, September 15, 2022

You are free to be Happy

We decide in our own mind--to have a day that will be happy--so, to-day is the day I shall try all day, to be happy!

Yesterday the 2 men fixed the steel roof--we hope--They did say that the roof is in good shape and felt it was a piece of loose flashing which was causing the problem-- We will find out on a rainy day--like to-morrow.

We have no more humming birds--They are en route to your houses---Hopefully your feeders are still up.---And Himself is good , so far this morning. Isn't it odd how this "Old-timers " works?--There are good days--and pretty bad days--I heard on CBC radio this AM., that most Seniors in Nursing homes receive some kind of Antipsychotic medication. Himself his not on anything-- I hope that I can keep him that way. The Drs ordered meds for him the 1st couple of weeks but it seemed to make him worse--I took him off it all-----So, some days I cry---but--most days are not so bad--quite good really. I do find tho that he does well when he gets out of the house and meets--or even , just sees other people. I guess we could all say that about ourselves too!

I have not stepped onto the scales for a dog's age--(Mom's expression)-To-morrow might be the day I face reality ----get weighed. Most of my clothes are very large--I have gone from an XL to a side 12---sometimes a size 14-I think just because  of having so much to do! 

It is "Hair Day"--and hopefully I can get a couple of errands done before I come home. that means that I have leave Himself alone with Lopez--

Did I tell yu that"frost" was predicted for this area last night?--  We have picked up all the hoses---Fall has arrived in the North!---  Fall always arrives with a vengeance--

Remember that you all are special-drag out those winter clothes--Hopefully they will fit!-Lord love a Duck! --- I wonder when one just" lets it all hang out"---forgets about the coloured hair and new outfits? At least I won't be going to visit the Queen!---  but------Buckingham Palace does sound nice! --One has to dream! 



 

12 comments:

  1. I had a thought this morning about leaving himself with Lopez as that in previous posts doesn't seem to go well. No that the weather is cooler why don't you bring Lopez with you. . . .in a small crate if you worry about him trashing your car. The car should get too hot in the Fall and winter months. . . .Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is a good idea and I just might do that --Thank yu for thinking of me-Lynda

      Delete
  2. Great minds think a like. That is what I was going to say take Lopez with you!!!

    Yes getting out and about will help himself. When he is home all the time he just focuses on himself out and about he sees other people and can think of other things.

    It is important for all of us to get out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is here, too. Early fall...hope it will be a long one! The leaves are beautiful. 85F is predicted for this afternoon in Minneapolis (I am 45 minutes SE of there), but it gets quite cool at night. No frost yet. Gosh, I wish I could decipher that Farmer's Almanac! I may try again, but the charts do not come up good on the screen.
    I am happy there are more good times with Himself. Hopefully, he and Lopez will be fine...you need your hair time to get away and socialize. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, have a happy day! Maybe Himself will handle taking care of Lopez better today. We all need to get out...it just makes us feel better! I've been outside working this morning...trimming my irises. We're having a few cooler days but not fall yet. Our hummingbirds are still here fighting over the feeders, we have 3. We love watching them. Prayers our winter clothes fit 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the roof repairers were there and hope their fix works!

    Good to hear that Himself is good this morning. At least that’s a good start.

    Yes, sadly, so many in Nursing Homes are what I call ‘chemically managed’ w/drugs. I worked really hard to make sure that wasn’t the case with my parents when they were in Memory Care. The staff knew me and I knew them. Mom and Dad were treated well. I think partially because the staff knew I would be there! And I paid attention to what went on!

    You are so wise to have your pampering day – getting your hair done. You deserve that ME time.

    Here's to a Thankful Thursday.

    hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy himself is having a good day. Makes life easier for you too. I hope you took Lopez with you. One less thing to worry about.
    Cooler here the past week but back to do by the weekend. Nowhere near frost

    Having clothes too BIG is a good problem. Good on you.
    I agree that getting out is important...for all of us.
    Enjoy your hair day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it's good for us to choose to be happy. Sometimes that's the only way. And if we're lucky, life won't get in the way! Hope you had a good hair day. I remember when I lost my weight and my clothes were so big - isn't that the greatest feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it's a good day. Maybe you should take him out more often and it will make life better! Having clothes too big is a good problem as long as they can be altered or replaced. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the day went well, hair and all. Frost in the weather report? Wow. We are having summer back, in north Texas ! AC still on! And necessary! Take care Ethelmerz Doris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder how himself would do at the beauty shop? He is better apparently when he can get out and socialize a bit....and people make over him...........ya, take Lopez, maybe will change his attitude to gratitude....lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of good suggestions in the comments for how to balance Himself and Lopez... could take a lot of energy to pull it off, but which is worse? Energy expended this way, or on the cleanup of whatever happens at home while the two of them are "on their own"? Just a thought.

    Hang in there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!