Sunday, September 25, 2022

To-day is a Rainy Day!

Good Morning--Even tho it's raining, it is a good day to have a good day-- Positive thoughts going your way-Indoor stuff is going to happen to-day-- like--making applesauce--maybe an orange loaf to go with it-and it just might be a good day to make a pot of soup----

Rainy days remind me of our cottage-- well, the cottage Mom and Dad had when we were kids--in Port Stanley--along the shores of Lake Erie--We used to play "Crazy Eights"-or "Memory"-or we would bake--or, some days, Mom would announce that it would be a good day to drive to little villages around Port--perhaps  visit antique shops full of old dishes--or go to the Mennonite markets and buy their bread etc-- or--drive along the back road to visit some farms for fresh veggies. We would be gone most of the day, and would return home with  treasures, some of which I still have to-day--like a large platter which would hold a turkey--I used to love "tootling" around--Mom was happy--and myself , my younger sister and my older sister looked on these days as an adventure-

When my own children were the same age, on a rainy day, I would pile whatever children were still at home, and we would drive north, to some of the lodges, and have lunch and  go on some trails in the Provincial Park or--if we went west, we could pick berries at farms--We always had lunch  somewhere exciting, en route. Rainy days bing back memories of good times! 

 
I am holding the umbrella in the above picture --Himself is doing OK --but--cannot hear anything-kinda drives one crazy--but---  what can one do?-- - 

Son#2 the Pilot is back home--said the plane was full-- maybe 3 open seats out of 300--  It seems like a lot of people travel too Seoul, Korea--and back! Lord love a Duck!---

I hope you are loving' this rainy day--Now if you were to travel to Seoul, yu would know what foods to order eh?



 

10 comments:

  1. What lovely memories of rainy days! We’d sometimes have an indoor picnic in front of our fireplace. Complete w/blanket on the floor, and of course, picnic food – hamburgers or hot dogs, macaroni or potato salad, chips and we were even allowed soda. Always had to be chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Don't know why, but it just was! LOL It was fun

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your happy positive blog. I needed that today! 😊❤️ Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful memories indeed!! It's like going back for a little while all over again. Fabulous. Have a happy rainy Sunday! I love rain. I gotta love it. We have it for about 7+ months a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see that things are still chugging along in the north. I'm getting caught up with your blogs.

    We're definitely having fall here in northeast Montana. It's cooled off considerably and we've had frost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you have such great memories from your past, makes you smile! We were lucky, too. Came here, from a war torn Germany, due to help from a bunch of loving relatives who paid for the move. Thankful indeed! Hope you get all those foods done the way you like. It’s heading for 97 degrees again here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the rainy day memories you shared. Sounds lovely.
    Beautiful,sunny, cool day in St.Louis.
    Orange loaf sounds delicious.
    Had no idea so many people go to Korea.
    Glad son is back.
    Thanks for the positive vibes. Enjoy your day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our rainy day was yesterday. Today it is clear, coolish and windy with a beautiful blue sky. I always wanted to find fabric to make a dress in that bright sky blue color.
    My doctor daughter-in-law is second generation Korean American. She and her parents said they'd cook for me. Now we are all scattered...her parents still in the Chicago area, daughter-in-law in California and myself in Minnesota. I love Asian food, though.
    Love your rainy day memories. My kids would sometimes have friends over (our house was a gathering spot), play on our first Apple computer...or their dad (once in a blue moon) and I would play board games. When kids were small, it was Little Golden Books read to them, Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders.
    Tonight I set up a Zoom meeting with my son and daughter-in-law and their 6 beautiful grandchildren (see my FB page) to catch up. I can hardly wait.
    Himself not hearing might be difficult to put up with, but if that's all today...you might consider yourself lucky.
    It's my favorite day, too. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rainy day here too. Stopped for a little while this afternoon but raining again. Dog doesn't like going out when raining harder. Hope tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love rainy days - it makes me feel secure inside knowing that I don't have to think about taking a walk or doing much of anything else. I can just relax, read a book, or maybe take a little nap while listening to the rain on the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No desire to go to Korea....now if we could swing a trip to Ireland, I'd be on board....

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!