Saturday, September 17, 2022

To-day I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry


 What a great day beginning!--no sun, but a light misty rain and quite warm . Lopez and I have hoofed it on the back road---AND--he did his business!-- He seems to be calming down somewhat the past few days. Beau has been out--Sushi fed-and the best part, Himself seems happy and normal--He answered the phone this AM with the new telephone in the kitchen that boosts the sound for him -(Daughter sent it)- It scares the liver out of me (Mom's expression!)--when it rings  as it is VERY loud! ---

The world is unfolding the way it should so far this morning --and that is good!

CBC radio has a birder  man on  and I can hear him talking about Hummingbirds-- He said the larger ones are the males, and they leave first--  Before migrating they eat lots of sugar--double their weight- - They eventually have the long flight across the Gulf of Mexico. The females stay  to raise the young ones-- and  the last ones to leave are the wee babies--- I suppose the "stragglers" that I had before bringing in the feeders were probably the babies . He also said , they don't need to be taught --or shown the route South--that it is just natural to them--  He said that geese have to be shown their route--  how exciting the world is, isn't it?? There is so much to learn isn't there?

I have been sorting out clothing that  are too large---lots of sweaters etc that looks like dresses--It makes me wonder why on earth I had so many outfits?-I will  only have a few  when this is finished--which is good--A pair of jeans go a long way---which one wears around the house.-- I remember Mom wearing "house dresses"- everyday--They were long baggy cotton dresses which she ordered from the Sears catalogue every Spring- Did any of you save old catalogues?--  I have a few Sears catalogues and Eaton catalogues also. Remember how they used to take anything back? -and there was furniture-tools, appliances-wedding dresses -EVERYTHING in the catalogue--AND THEY DELIVERED--  That was what we called, "the olden days"-

The world has changed--We have adapted--Queen Elizabeth has passed---  I must tell  yu all, that I ordered a new  cardboard replica  of the Queen-- so--I will have 2- It makes me laugh as I put them in different places in the house, and it does kinda set one back when one goes into a room and bumps into the Queen-- I always say, "Oh Good day your highness"---and I curtsy-

Remember that each morning , we are born again-We choose to be happy----or not---To-day I hope that you are happy!
-so-until to-morrow--huge hugs- I am thinking aboutchu-Lynda







22 comments:

  1. Your day is off to an awesome start…choose happy AND I’ll join you!❤️
    Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a new day--new possibilities! Lynda

      Delete
  2. A good start of the day makes all the difference. Glad you're getting ready for Fall and Winter time. Enjoy every moment. Sending you smiles and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a chore to change seasons-- Now if we lived in a warmer climate-- oh well! LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Today is a good day and I will enjoy it completely. Nice to hear that Lopez is calmer lately. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lopez is calmer for now--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  4. I am so happy your day started out so well. It makes all the difference. Wow! Now you will have 2 Queens at your house. Double trouble! Have a happy rest of the day! Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is room to see what is in the closet now Dorothy-Lynda

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great day with everything going as it should. Hope that lasts for a few days. That is fascinating about the hummingbirds. Sounds like you have a lot of clothes to get rid of - good for you. Hopefully Lopez has turned the corner! Glad you were able to get a new queen. Enjoy the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brenda-- There is now room in my closet--looks good-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Wow! Glad that you have a phone that Himself can use!

    Interesting!~ Didn’t know that hummers knew the way South instinctively, but geese need to be shown the route!

    Oh my goodness. My Mom always saved Sears catalogues (course, she worked there, too). But when they moved they were all tossed.

    That’s wonderful that now you’ll have TWO Queens in your house.
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There can never be enough Queens--LOL-- Thanks Barb for writing -Lynda

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed your positive note this morning.
    So happy things are going well today. Your positive attitude will take you far.
    Interesting info on hummingbirds. Poor little things have far to go.
    Atta girl, Lynda, purge away. You might want to eliminate those Sears catalogs lol. We all have way more stuff, clothes than we need. Its a blessing but an issue if we keep it all.
    Have a great day. Thank you for your happy musings today. Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so nice to hear from yu-- and yes--seeing the enormous outfits going and the room in the closet feels good-Lynda

      Delete
  8. Yes, the world is certainly changing. Once I lost most of my weight (I still have 25 lbs to go) I got rid of all my big clothes and now have a very small closet. I agree, one pair of jeans goes a long way! I don't remember my mother ever wearing a house dress (she was rather progressive) but my grandmother did - and my mother-in-law always wore mumu's!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to see the huge outfits go-- Thank yu for sharing yer info-Lynda

      Delete
  9. Glad you were able to buy another queen, it makes you happy! Good to know about the phone for those who have hearing issues. We have charities that send a truck to pick up donations, they might love your old catalogues, people buy them as collector items! Sell them on eBay! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy Cow-I never thought of selling the catalogues--interesting--Hugs too yu and thank yu for writing-Lynda-

      Delete
  10. You WOULD know that birds eat french fries!
    Such a good day for you and for me, too. Got quite a bit done around the apartment and tonight is karaoke with my friends. First time in 3 weeks.
    Thanks for the education about hummingbirds. I have often said one has to learn something new every day.
    Wonder who shows the geese their route? Another question to search the internet for!
    I gave away so many clothes, too, after losing 120 pounds. I'm slowly replacing some. Got 2 lovely sweaters at our Good Will store last week.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey yu --LOL--Yu lost 120 lbs?-- That is a lot--I have lost 52 more to go tho-- The geese fly in a "V" so their lead goose must show them the way-- Lynda-

      Delete
  11. Glad your Saturday was good, Lynda....happy and positive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fascinating about the hummingbirds not needing to be taught, but the geese needing to be! I learned something new from your blog today! Thank you.

    And you also got me wondering about the Queen. I know in the UK they would address her as "Your Majesty"... is it different in Canada? What is the protocol once a monarch passes? Is it "your late majesty?" OK, a bit irreverent, but I have these crazy questions in my head!

    Hope more days are like this one than not... with things going well, and everybody playing their parts!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!