Wednesday, September 7, 2022

They Always Come Back Home--Some sooner than later!


 I broke down--  After reading all yer comments, yesterday, on the blog--- and noticing one lowly Hummingbird flying around the kitchen window where there was no feeder--Well---  I refilled 2 feeders-- Lord love a Duck! Will they EVER go?------so, the stragglers are still here--with a ton of bees surrounding  each feeder-

Son#2's daughter-- our oldest Grand daughter, is entering her 3rd year University- I was texting her this morning. It reminded me of when Son#1 and Son#2 went to University and us packing everything they owned , loading it all into a trailer , and making a big trip  to a University they had chosen, usually very far from here---and crying all the way there, assuming, we would never ever see them again! -

--Well, that is not the way it was---because, THEY ALWAYS COME BACK HOME!---  some came back within a few mos., some finished their courses and returned home  because they had no idea what to do next--some quit their courses, came back--worked at anything they could find in town, then  continued on in a different  school-- But, whatever course they began,  never was what job they finally ended up with----and it took years and years of them bouncing back home--then back to school--At one point we had 3 grown kids at 3 different places of education--I remember I never went to a dress store in those years--Himself's salary all went to finance these 5 kids----

I used to see parents crying as they unpacked their vehicles with their kids stuff, in some higher learning institute-- I always wanted to tell them to stop the tears--  for they will return home--maybe even in a week-- 

All our kids did graduate from somewhere and they all became successful in something--Praise the Lord!----They were not easy years for Himself and I, but looking back, it was all worth it--I remember Himself begging son#1 , in a parking lot where he was painting lines on a extremely hot day,  in another city, to quit University---- He continued on however, and graduated with Honours  --FINALLY---  I also remember Himself  becoming very angry with son#2 , when he returned home after his 2nd year in science and telling his Dad he was not returning to the school he had been attending--"I want to be a Pilot", he told his Dad---and--he did change to an aviation school--and was one of 300 who graduated from there with Honours----

How on earth did I ever get onto all of this?---"Fall" --I guess ---- School buses passing me on the back road--and kids trying to figure out their lives----in these Pandemic times ----with the bank Canada raising interest rates AGAIN! 

We have sun to-day---Sushi is here beside me---Beau and Lopez have been out--Isn't it wonderful that we don't have to educate these pets--??- -- There are always things to be thankful for , aren't there?--

And, with all the Grandchildren, their parents now are going thru the tough years that we  survived--and in spite of all the bouncing back and forth, they were good times--eventually  the kids and us, figured it out-- The poor parents eh?--  Look at all these kids! 




 


 

21 comments:

  1. Awwww, I am sure the hummers appreciated your kindness refilling 2 feeders, Lynda.

    OH for sure, it is NOT easy getting kids through their educations, but, praise be, they DO get through it, we DO survive it and they DO return. LOL

    Ah, well, the kids will learn just like you and Himself did.

    Beautiful family!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb--- yes, some hard yrs--but all turned out--- and--we STILL have a few straggler hummingbirds-Lynda

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful family and great memories to go along with the difficult times. I an thankful every day that all 4 of our children are healthy and happy with their choices in life. I feel for the parents who have lost children to drug addiction in these times. We have a lot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true eh?--- We are fortunate all the children were good kids-- Lynda

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, interesting and expensive times for sure! So happy to see the kids grow up, and become adults, and have worthy employment! A,out of Sturm und Dram though! Now my boys watch out over me, one lives with me, after his divorce. Making sure I shut the gas burners off, turn the oven off, Sometimes I lift something too heavy and mess my back up, my fault, so he does heavy lifting. Time marches on. Good luck to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that yer boys watch over yu-- ours too--- sometimes good--sometimes questionable-too much advice -LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos. They always come back to us. That's for sure. Spoiled hummingbirds and bees. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do come back--the birds and the kids--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  5. The hummingbirds thank you.
    Oh YES, tough time paying for university. Son graduated but isn't using his degree sigh. Yes, Lynda, those were tough years in more ways than one. I can't imagine how you did it with 4 in various universities, even though Fred is a physician...wasnt easy for sure.
    Have a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no--those days were a struggle--but-- parents manage somehow--LOL- Lynda

      Delete
  6. Yes, I remember those days - saying goodbye and sending the children off into the world to obtain their higher education. How I wanted them to live with me and go to the University of Minnesota - like I did when I was their age. But no - everyone had to go to some school at least an hour from home and live in the dorms! My sons went the furthest - to West Virginia. But you are right, they always come home again! And now I've gotten used to living with just my husband and my dog. I do still enjoy seeing them when they have time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but I bet you miss the kids as I do-- happy they are successful thno-- Lynda

      Delete
  7. Sushi is such a pretty cat! Love the reverie about the children, growing, departing, doing a stutter-step return, re-launch, etc. Seems to be the way of leaving the nest in this day and age. So glad when they are doing well, so agonizing when they struggle. Parenthood never ends, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a parent , for sure, never ends Barb-Lynda

      Delete
  8. I remember those school days...my own and four kids...oldest was 5 years older than my daughter. Then came my doctor son. 4 years later our surprise, my youngest son. It's hard when they are at different levels and in different schools!
    Now my kids are pasting on Facebook photos of their kids and their first days.
    You have your hummingbirds back, and they, too, will come home again next year! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. raising kids is exciting--AND a challenge--LOL- Lynda

      Delete
  9. My hummer came to the door and demanded food..He just hovered there until I saw him then got up to go fix him dinner...I will keep filling it until they go further south.
    My kids lived with me, then I lived with them each at different times. Turn about is fair play. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I ended up feeding them still-- the stragglers were having a fit in front of the window-Lynda

      Delete
  10. Forgot to mention David goes to the hospital Thursday for 2 procedures.
    Y'all keep those prayers going and fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely will hope it goes well-Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!