Wednesday, September 28, 2022

"Keep Your Chin Up!"


 Pretending IS good!--  I can do that--for now!--"I" am Okay-- There are multi hurricanes flying by--somewhere--I pray for all those affected--A recession, (whatever that is???) is in the works--- I won't mention the War--  (but I just did!_) Here at home, I walked Lopez BEFORE the school bus went by--AND he did his business (One has to be thankful for small mercies!)---The wash  has been done before 7am-- when the hydro goes up-(That is a crazy rule yu know--It affects housewives!)---- Himself seems OK--cannot hear anything but I seem to handle  this pretty good in the morning-

Lord love a Duck!--It is good that we do pretend isn't it?- Here in the North, we are well into fall---The Hummingbirds are  on their way South--I hear the Loons will be leaving our lakes soon--The wild life seem to continue to do what they do-- unaware of anything too much to worry about-They must be good at "pretending."

Our Canadian Thanksgiving will be here soon--"Turkey time! -(I surmise these turkeys are  a tad freaked out!--)--Himself and I usually buy that big bird, with Son#3 cooking the meal--  That helps Himself and I so much---

It looks like all is well on the "Homefront" ---at least for this day--and at least for now--Hopefully you are not in the "eye" of a storm and you  are "pretending" too---You know, when one remembers all that we have lived thru, the past 3 to 4 yrs, it truly is amazing, that we do have (as Dad used to say)-- that we do have our "wits about us"-----Lord love a Duck eh?--We are strong-- Really we are!---

I hope your day goes well--I always tell yu all to say "HI" to a Policeman--  He lays his life down for us daily-- Buy a Pilot a gift card for a coffee--maybe that Policeman too--- Hugs to you --until to-morrow-as Dad used to say, "Keep your chin up!"


17 comments:

  1. Pretending or having a positive attitude actually helps, Lynda. I am so proud of little Lopez, he sure knows what he's supposed to do when you take him walking!
    Oh yes, Thanksgiving is creeping up on us and Halloween is too! Do you do anything for Halloween where you live?
    I'm having a nice 'house chores' type of day and enjoying it in this cooler weather. I know the cold & white stuff is coming next so I'll enjoy the Autumn "to the hilt!'
    Love and many hugs coming to you, Fred, Beau, Sushi and Lopez xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Gloria--- He is a TON_-A TON --of work--I look at him as a challenge--(Fred too!--LOL) Lynda

      Delete
  2. Well, glad that things are sorta going all right.

    Yes, Autumn colors are creeping up here now, too. LOVE Autumn . . . but hate the NEXT season.

    HUGS and pretending here, too! It’s working.

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know-- WINTER is next in line! Lynda

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the uplifting blog. Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Dorothy--might as well think happy eh?--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Really on point with this post....just keep trying. It is cooler here in
    Alabama and I think my Hummers have moved on further south as well...they have not hit the feeders in several days. I keep looking for a Canadian straggler...lol
    We are just keeping a side eye on Hurricane Ian.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for yu to keep that eye out for a Canadian straggler-lynda

      Delete
  5. With fall here and the trees changing color I am looking forward to see you send pictures of the lake and surroundings. I know they will be beautiful. My day is going well and I am glad that yours is also. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I shall send yu pics of the colours -They really are spectacular this yearLynda-

      Delete
  6. Yes, it's important to let the world things go and hope/pretend that things are the way they are suppose to be. We had to turn on the heat this morning - I'm not ready for this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, heat on and off all day here --but i hear it will warm up by the weekend-Lynda

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed your positive blog this morning

    Yes, we'll pretend ALL is just fine and is exactly as it should be because it is as it should be lol.
    I like your plan for son to cook Thanksgiving. Great plan
    Very cool in St.Louis....tempted to turn furnace on but adding more clothes instead.
    Hoping everyone stays safe from hurricane.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your comfort now, makes you smile! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from yu-- I do apreciate yu reading the daily blog--Lynda

      Delete
  9. The Serenity PrAyer is the best! Thank yu-Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  10. No storms here, but I hear hurricaine Ian is hitting Florida. I have a grandson named Ian! It thought it was funny.
    You will have a marvelous Thanksgiving...and we have so much to be thankful for. I need to google the date.
    The change of seasons does bring a lot of changes. Our temp at this moment says 70F, but the breeze is cold now.
    Wildlife has instincts. They don't worry; they just do what comes naturally. Wonder how it would be if we did that?! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!