Sunday, December 18, 2022

Let your heart sing!


 I like the above---  When I decide that I really don't care about something,  the stress involved in "whatever", vanishes-- like--"POOF"---

We have sunshine---  (and lollipops)--  no snow --  It has snowed for 3 days---  and lots of it--which means  shovelling , AND breaking out the snowblower---I see the lake has snow on it--There must be a thin layer of ice under all that snow.  Hopefully no-one ventures out on the lake yet--

This picture was taken by Son#1 who lives just down the road from us--

It is Sunday--- Can yu believe that next weekend will be Christmas day?----I have so much to do next week----

-Himself has been a tad grouchy this AM--- You see, I lost his scissors-- I guess it was me---  but--then I found them, after going  thru 3 bags of garbage--- (The scissors were not in any bag of garbage!)-  I found the scissors in a drawer in the downstairs bathroom--(probably me)--- Maybe I stuck them in there-Who knows?--  It's the little things that upset Himself--

Life IS too short to be unhappy--for sure! ----------I sure try to not  sweat the small stuff! ----
Believe in yourself -----sometimes hard to do ---but-----you can only do your best--- Yesterday I brought out all my Christmas piano music---  and sat at the piano, and sang to my hearts content-- (It sounded awful I think as it has been a year since I played most of the Christmas carols--)---  but--Lopez and Beau didn't care---nor did Himself-----I felt so happy inside when I finally quit--  It really is  wonderful what a wee bit of music does for your soul--- 


12 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you can play and sing your favorite songs! And that you took the time to do it, instead of cleaning. Oh yes, the bothersome snow will take a lot of time to get rid of though. Sigh. Be careful, out in the cold. (Doris)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture of the pure untouched snow. Life is too short to be unhappy and something that I should remember. Glad that you played the piano and sang and made yourself, Himself and the dogs happy. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish that I was sitting there listening to you and your piano looking out your window. Sounds delightful!
    Hard to believe that in one week it is Christmas Day! Sure seems that as you get older, time flies faster and faster.
    Have a carefree day and play that piano!
    Hugs, Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful to listen to Christmas songs played and sang by you! The winter photo is spectacular. I wish we could always 'not sweat the small stuff'. Have a beautiful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom loved playing the piano and I still miss listening to her play, especially at Christmas. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy yourself! We, too, have had several days of snow and now it's barely above 0. Even Daisy doesn't want to go out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't matter... it's your music and you playing, and that makes it glorious when it's a Christmas Carol! Hope you have a peaceful day and stay warm over the next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday I went to our condo community Christmas party - and, someone had donated a piano that used to live here - so instead of one of the residents performing his magic tricks, we had a resident playing the piano, and we all sang Christmas carols. Some at my table seemed to think it was lame, but I really enjoyed it. Just simple times. It had been a long time since I had sang Christmas carols! And the food was so good, too! I stuffed my face!

    Have a great Sunday! Here, it is 26 degrees and we had a dusting of snow yesterday evening, just enough to make the grass white. It is pretty, but my dog pulls so on the leash, that last year and this I am afraid I will slip and fall. I don't like this getting older stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, glad you found those scissors. Sheesh.

    YEAH for sitting and playing Christmas music and singing! And Lopez and Beau were entertained. Yes, music definitely is medicine for the soul.

    HUGS and hope it is a good Sunday for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picture of the lake is beautiful and yes, hopefully no one ventures out there until the ice gets thicker. Hope himself's mood improved once you found the scissors and you are now having a good day. Play the piano and entertain the pups and himself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes indeed...dont sweat the small stuff.
    Lake is beautiful.
    I'm so happy you played your piano. I love when you take time to do that.
    Hope himself stays in an improved mood.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!