Friday, December 2, 2022

Make the next trip around the sun about you!

This is the one little Christmas ornament that Himself actually put up-- I am grateful for small mercies!--(Mom used to say that-)

I am late posting . That is because while I was downtown doing a couple errands-after the new hair---and after going to the bank, and the post office and the parcel place, the phone rang--my cell phone. It was Himself asking me to get roast beef and then  go to a grocery store to get a loaf of fresh bread-- By this time it was nearly 5pm--late--almost dinner time--  I arrived back home with Lopez screeching--wanting out--Himself saying he did not like the roast beef as he thought they cut it wrong-also telling me he would not eat it--(after all that!)----and he has been "fit to be tied" -(-Mom's expression-)- since-

Lying in bed this morning, I was thinking, "What did I do to upset Himself so much-"?-I figured it out-- I should never have agreed to even get him his roast beef--and fresh bread-- I was exhausted as it was--and his 2 errands just added  onto my exhaustion--So--FROM NOW ON--- I WILL ONLY DO AS I PLAN-- WITH NO "ADD ONS"--  and--I think I will always take Lopez with me-- He can be crated in the car--with the heat on while she does my hair--and there is no reason that I could not walk him in town---

Looking after a person with "Old Timers"--  is quite a challenge--  And if you don't have your Thinking Cap on you, it is even a bigger problem! --- and when this person is used to telling people (like his patients a long time ago)--- what to do and when to do it-- -- It becomes my problem-- (How to outwit this guy and keep my sanity?)---

So---  things are going to change-- --AND-----that is why I'm late posting---  WHEW!!! --I did text 4 boys (sons) this AM hoping one of them could take their Dad out for coffee-- but---no response-- I guess they are working-- -SO THIS IS WHY WE WOMEN --(WE CAREGIVERS_)---MUST BE STRONG_-

And now that I've told you all this, I do feel better----

--------------------------NOW------------ ISN"T THE ABOVE SO TRUE?-------------------

 

10 comments:

  1. Hugs brave woman! Have a good day. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, no one will stay and watch over Himself unless he is officially diagnosed? All the charities that collect donations, will not pay someone to stay with Himself while you are running errands? Yet the charities keep asking for money. Same thing with churches. Such a shame! No rest for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and hang in there Lynda. Gotta say no to multiple stops my friend.
    Loved the inserts.
    Have a great day.
    Play your piano.
    Hugs dear Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Lynda, sorry it was such a horrendous day! **SIGH** I would have been fit to be tied, too. (((HUGS))) You will know better next time. Yes, definitely say NO next time. But be prepared for Himself to be upset about that, too. Once they get a bee in their bonnet, seems like it has to take it’s own good time to work it out. And you never know what is going to cause it. So, best to say NO, and take care of YOU. You’re all Himself and you have!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Lynda! Move yourself up that priority list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you know what an amazing woman you are. You take care of himself, both dogs and your home, including some of the shoveling of snow. I am a bit younger than you are and I don't think I could keep up. I'm sorry himself is so difficult at times. I'm sure he doesn't mean to be. It must feel like he's in a prison after all those years of taking care of everyone else. But that doesn't excuse him from being kind to the one person who is giving her all! I agree with OneKidsMom - put yourself on the priority list and put yourself way up to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry he gave you a hard time about the roast beef....but you have to take care of yourself, otherwise if you get down, what will happen to himself? You have to schedule your stops then come home. Rest.
    Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your car is warmed up by the time you get to the hair salon you shouldn't have to leave the heat on even in the depth of winter it would take longer than you are in the hairdresser to chill to a dangerous level for Lopez. Make a list of your errands before you leave and tell him where you are going . . . if he wants to add to the list he has to do it before you leave. Please take care of yourself and really consider getting himself officially diagnosed so you can get some help. I worry about you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize you have to be officially diagnosed before you can get care for someone to spend time with them at home. Hopefully you are on a list because, the way our healthcare is these days, that could take years! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!