Tuesday, December 27, 2022

You have to be at your strongest when you're feeling at your weakest.

We had more snow overnight --and since I did not see anyone coming out to help me, I went out--blew snow, for one and a half hours-- The driveway is clear--- I am too pooped to pop  now---- but--the driveway looks clear--I am right proud of myself-- Every time I use that snowblower, I learn something-- This time, I found out when it gets stuck , if I lift the front end, then it clears the snow away and  I can go again--As well as the drive, I blew a few Chihuahua trails for the little guy--Big Beau can handle the deep snow, but when you are a tiny wee fellow, it is hard! 
This is a battery operated snowblower--It is a 2-stage-- with 2 huge  batteries--- which I bring in to charge--  It requires no gasoline-- and it seems quite powerful--  powers thru deep snow in Northern Ontario---which is great advertisement for this EGO Snowblower-- I was out there for almost 2 hrs using  it on one battery charge.

I don't know about all of you, but I am exhausted --Christmas is a lot of work ---  Do you feel that way?-I have been playing Christmas music on the piano , and I enjoy that part of Christmas---

To-morrow is Son#2's , that Air Canada Pilot's, Birthday--I remember when he was born--in Ottawa---at the Civic Hospital--in a snow storm---  and he presented as a "Brow " birth-- so his head had to be turned--- Most babies are born with the back of their head, arriving first-- and in those days, they used forceps to drag him out--- It has never seemed to hurt him--I always knew that he was a great deal more clever than me-- was a child that  I  had one eye on-all the time---and now he is a Pilot of an enormous plane--amazing!



Remember that you really are smarter than the average person---  You are a Mom--- and you can really do everything, if you put yer mind to it!---- if you don't know how to do something--just pretend --and-usually, everything will be okay ---

---i'll chat with you all to-morrow----  "Keep Your Chin Up"--as Dad used got say--

 

14 comments:

  1. You are Wonder Woman with that snow blower. Bravo! Awesome work. Xmas is a lot of work. Happy Birthday to your Pilot son! Have a beautiful last Tuesday of 2022. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yu didn't tell me if yu want some snow--*S*--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Awesome that you did all that snowblowing. **SIGH** but it is exhausting!

    Hope you get a chance to put your feet up today for a minute!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowblowing wears one out for sure Barb--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the details on your snowblower! I'm thinking maybe I should get one. Sounds so much easier than using the Kubota - which doesn't even have the snow blade attached yet. S-I-L usually comes by and hooks it up for me, but he is in FL this week! I can always use the bucket on front to scoop some snow, but it is harder to deal with.....and so far we haven't had that much snow....maybe 2 to 3 inches and the rising temps tomorrow and sunshine should melt most of it. Don't need any "poo" paths as my two kitties are indoor cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our daughter in Ohio has the one stage EGO snow blower and it suits her fine--They dont get the snow that we get --I do like this machine--Lynda

      Delete
  4. You are such a strong woman. And snow blowing that long - it's a wonder you don't get sick! Happy birthday to pilot son - hope it was cargo only this week as I'm sure there are a lot of upset customers this week out of Toronto. Please relax the rest of the day and play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda --No--He was fortunate I guess as he only had high winds on the way into Toronto--told me that I would not like to have been on the plane-It must've been bad when he sys that--Lynda

      Delete
  5. I am impressed with your snow prowess! I think I need one of those electric blowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb if an 80 yr old woman can handle this--in the cold depths of Canada's north-- it is a good snowblower for sure--2 stage tho--:Lynda

      Delete
  6. Gosh Lynda thats a LOT of work. I'm glad your a pro with this snowblower as it sounds easier than the gas powered type.
    Battery runs a long time. Sorry sons didn't show up.
    Happy BD to pilot son.
    Rest, play your piano and take it easy...you earned a nap.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your use of the snowblower, Lynda! Bravo! They should feature you in the local newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so proud of you...bet your family is, too! It gets harder for us with age to figure out and use all the modern technology. You are doing it!

    And the piano...did you ever play "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" for me? Don't know if you saw that request the last time you mentioned playing Christmas music...
    Happy Birthday to your dear son! He has a demanding...but it has to be enjoyable, too...job.
    Just learned my two local 'adopted' daughters on the far side of town are having a small holiday. I will need to drive there 3 times a day to tend their rescue animals....I let the dogs out to run around. While they are out, I let the cats out of their huge room to run amok. When the dogs are ready to come in, I open the door to the cats' room and throw treats in. The cats run after them, and I shut and lock the door. When the girls are home, the animals take turns in the big house. Dogs, then cats. It's a big job but I love all four cats and two dogs.
    Pets are lots of work, but they add so much to our lives...just like Big Beau, wee Lopez and Sushi.
    Have a great week! And take it as easy as you can with that snow! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would settle for half of your energy and stamina! Between arthritis and fibromyalgia plus a few another annoying medical issues my body curbs what I would like to be able to accomplish. In her 80's my mother was running circles around me! Keep on keeping on.

    PHOENIX1949

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!