Sunday, January 2, 2022

I had a Dream!

It's a new month--a new year---and--WE ARE IN IT! Lord love a Duck eh?----and--to-day is Sunday--so---I can still get back on track  this new year--I mean--eating healthy--and I will!----I kept thinking of my Mom in the night--  Dreams are funny eh?---  It's like that person is trying to talk to me--the person in your dreams--
This was a picture of my Mom and Dad on their 50th wedding anniversary-- Mom was a teacher, and a very good one I heard!-- I always was proud of my Mom--She developed Addison's disease  when I was in public school--  after having all of us 5 children. Her Mom had died when she was 12 yrs old--- so, I always felt she had not had the skills to pattern her life after her Mother--anyway, I never was very close to Mom--but, I was to my Dad-- we moved a lot too  when I was in school--something I never did with my own family--I guess you might say that Mom was not a  person to hug us a lot--  a great cook--- lotza oranges-- lovely homes--Funny too, because Mom and Dad moved close to us when they retired in Florida--and after she passed, Himself and I took care of Dad---eventually moving him to a long term care home but bringing him out here a lot to spend weekends--

Strange too, because after gr 13 I wanted very much to go on to University, but was not allowed to--so, I went into nursing at Sick Kids in Toronto because at that time, they required a gr 13 diploma which I had-- Eventually I took my 1st yr University at night school in town here--and really appreciated   the Women's studies courses and the sciences--and the stimulation of the other adult students--

Anyway, in my dream last night, Mom was trying to talk to me about something or other--I wish now that I had taken time to get to know  Mom's dreams and desires-- she and Dad were very close--  She loved living in Florida---was definitely NOT a shopper--- which I used to be--and, which I understand now, --  but , with age, that is not important anymore!-

Oh--Beau just came up here-- said someone was asking about him, yesterday! --  He said to tell yu that he misses Tess very much-- that Lopez does not replace her at all-- but, he does enjoy Sushi now more! 

So, that is a bit of a story for to-day!---  I have no idea why I wrote about my Mother---  perhaps she was telling me to in the dream I had!-- She was a smart Lady--just told me that--It came thru my head--LOL----  and, she just said that  all the crazy things she says in my head, like "Lord Love A Duck"---well, she remembers her Dad and her Mom saying that! 

Dad and Mom at the cottage at Port Stanley-- My favourite place in the whole world! 
Myself with Mom and Dad--when we were visiting them in Florida! 





17 comments:

  1. Honey, I really believe our family that is now in Spirit DOES communicate with us through dreams. Maybe mom was saying she, too, was sorry you weren't closer before she passed.

    I sometimes am visited by my mom or grandma that way.

    Glad you wrote about your beloved pets. They are so important to our sanity (but sometimes tax it, too).

    As a senior living alone, I do not know what I would do without my Lucky.

    I have boxes to pack stuff up around...getting ready to move to a different apartment while they are rehabbing mine. His latest thing is to paw on the open flap of one of them. He pushing down causing it to make a noise. I say he is playing his drums!

    Sunday...Funday. Make it a good week. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear stories of our parents. One thing I know is how much my Mother loved me. She has been gone now for 50 years and I will always miss her.
    Dogs remember and I am sure Beau misses Tess. Good that Sushi comes around now.
    I only finished Grade 10 and then took a six month course in Office Practice. When I was finished I went to work in an insurance office in the city. I had excellent marks in school and I sometimes wonder what I could have become if I would have had more education but money was scarce so that was not an option. Even with our limited educations my DH and I started a successful business and operated it for 35 years before retiring so I was quite content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my dear, I miss both my parents dearly. But they DO talk to us in our dreams! I am grateful for that.

    That's good that Beau and Sushi are getting along. And little Lopez, he'll work his way into big Beau's heart one day!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to say, lovely pictures. Your Mom and Dad look happy together. So important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over the last 20+ years my Dad has visited my dreams more than my Mom but neither one of them very often. I see this as a sign they are doing fine and look forward to having me join their world when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think loved ones who have passed on, come to us in dreams. So nice to even think of our loved ones, eh?

    How is little Lopez doing? I think he's going to keep you hopping until nicer weather when he'll enjoy being outdoors. That way too, he'll housetrain himself & be good next winter.

    Hugs to you all. Stay safe & heathy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe they can communicate with us awake or asleep. Nice to read your memories. Cute story about the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was always closer to my Dad too. He was a kind and gentle man. My mother was one of those women who really should never have had kids - she had no idea what to do with me, her first and her strong willed child! Daddy could always sweet talk me into doing whatever it was they wanted me to do! Good memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've lost two sisters and my parents. I dream of them often and they feel so near to me the next few days. I enjoyed reading about your mother and seeing your pictures. The cottage sounds like a lovely place! Hugs 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dreams are interesting... last night I was dreaming about food, and I hadn't done that in a while! Bacon wrapped beef steak... maybe it's having seen a recipe on line!

    Old photos bring our memories to life, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for mentioning Beau and that he's doing ok. I'm sure he does miss Tess a lot and doesn't know what to do with Lopez! At least Sushi is still there. I like your pictures. I was only 21 when my dad died so couldn't really find out a lot. As we get older we wish we had asked them about conditions of their parents and siblings, etc. And I lost my mom in my 40's. Never thought about asking about certain things til you get older.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mother and I were not close either Lynda....but I was very close
    to my Dad...she made no secret of favoring my brother. Just glad we
    were able to talk about all this before she died. I forgave her and
    she was at peace.........
    I bet Beau would rather you got another German such as he for a
    companion............his preference I'm sure, altho glad he gets
    along so well with Sushi.
    I will try to capture my wild kitty Tuesday and get her to the Vet
    for spay, shots, etc.then have to get a litter box etc...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely stories and memories of your parents. I miss my mother. I don't recall dream visits from parents nor brothers but I do believe they are watching us and with us.
    Glad Beau is doing well.
    Stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely way to remember your Mom. Beautiful photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You favor your mom in looks a bit. I dream about my parents, sometimes more than others. I knew a lot about my parents and their lives, but after they went home and I had to go through all of their paperwork I understood them even better. I still miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Photos and memories are good for us. When we dream of loved ones I believe they are letting us know they are still with us. My husband's parents had died before I met him and his oldest brother had all their family photos. A few years into our marriage I dreamed of his father, we were in their family home. The home had been torn down for a freeway before I met my husband. I was able to give some details of this home and a few years later I was able to pick out their dad in a photo of a group of men. Dreams can be unsettling when there is that much detail that you didn't know before. I did find some comfort in meeting my father-in-law and letting him know his son was alright.
    I do enjoy hearing about family history even if it isn't my family partly because it helps me know a person better and also because it helps them keep those memories alive.
    Hugs and treasure those memories.
    Beth M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are wonderful pictures and stories about your parents. I have dreams about my dad and sometimes I know that he is dead in the dream. Other times it seems normal. I love looking at the photo albums my mom has. She loves taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!