Sunday, January 9, 2022

Love is caring for each other, even when retired---

I love this picture--Son #3 , the OPP Officer, on the left, my Dad, Son#2 the Pilot, and Himself-- taken in my Dad's house , shortly after my Mom passed--My Dad is not alive anymore --but--(isn't there always the big "butt"?)----  Do you feel that sometimes, somehow, --(OMG yu will all think me crazy !)--well, you hear a voice pass thru yer head---and--you wonder , "Now who said that?"

I must give you an example--Himself, since he retired, kinda drives me crazy at times--I feel bad owning up to this, because I do love him, very much--  You see, he loves to cook, and he has a favourite very sharp knife which only he and he alone, is allowed to use--at least he believes that! --And Heaven help the person who might use that knife--so----he hides it--inside the  silverware drawer----I saw it there yesterday . This morning, Himself said to me, "Where is my knife?" --

-""Inside the silverware drawer", I replied. I opened the drawer and it was not there---

"Well, I did not use it", I added.--and of course, he said, "You must've because it's not where it is supposed to be."----  So, he began to search thru the garbage---  

Meanwhile, little Lopez was chasing his wee  ball across the kitchen, and I saw it roll under the dishwasher---and--now GET THIS---some weird voice in my head--said, ---I mean----I HEARD  A VOICE TELL ME--  "LOOK UNDER THE DISHWASHER FOR THE KNIFE"-----I did just that---Not only was Lopez' ball under there, but--low and behold--THERE WAS THE KNIFE----

Of course then Himself remembered using it-  "It must've fallen  under there last night when I was emptying the dishwasher"--he said.

 You know, it takes  a lot of patience when people retire----  Maybe  there are helpers  trying  to give us new retirees a hand ---Maybe we can't see them, but-it seems they watch over us--you think?



 

15 comments:

  1. It's kinda like dealing w/a teen . . . they always think they're right and NEVER the source of a problem. LOL Not easy to deal with sometimes.

    Glad the knife was found.

    HUGS
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and I forgot this. NO my dear, not crazy. Your Dad is letting you know he’s all right! I hear my Mom and Dad coming out my mouth all the time, too. LOL They were full of wisdom, just like yours, so it’s not bad! I believe our departed loved ones DO gide us!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Lynda, I think it is common to get thoughts like that, often……the others are not far away from us at all. Careful of knives, washing by hand is safer. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found Himself's knife. Those kind of things happen at my house too and it always must be me who's used and not replaced whatever it is we are looking for - only most of the time it's not! I'm certain my dad talks to me all the time. Slow down, Kath. Take care of yourself, Kathy. In a hundred years, Kath, none of this is going to matter. He's the only one ever who's called me Kath! We're lucky we had such wonderful dad's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pic, Lynda…how very special!! I agree with you…I firmly believe that we have people up above watching out for us…such a comfort to know!! AND, just think, wee Lopez played a part in the knife recovery, LOL!! ❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angels among us for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Lynda, the thoughts from heaven happen often. Glad you found Fred's knife.
    Retirement isn't always a cakewalk LOL. I hear you. I get it. Your closing cartoon says it all. LOL
    Be warm. Be well, stay safe
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, those voices happen and we need to listen. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done listening to the voice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I go thru the same thing....David will move something then ask me what
    I did with it......I just look at him and ask where did you use it last?
    He put a set of keys in the toolbox for safekeeping, then kept saying
    daughter must have moved them when she was cleaning, and he looked in the toolbox right at them..............the 2nd time he looked, they were right in front of his face....guess he was looking so hard he just didn't see them..........lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. God Bless You (and I'm not all that religous). God Bless Fred too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes! Love the voices and messages!
    Life is so full of twists and turns. Love the family picture.
    As usual, love your blogs. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes, when sleeping, I wake up to the voice of my long gone adored dad. It's like a dream ended by my dad calling me. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynda, things just happen. Years ago when I first moved in with Beck and her DH they added a sun porch onto their home. I was taking pictures of the plantings and when I was downloading the pictures to my computer, I noticed in an open window my mother was looking in my direction. Mind you my mother had passed away 5 years earlier! I decided to call Becky in to check out the pictures. I did not tell her what I saw. She came to that picture and said is that mom? She then called her DH in, and his reaction was the same. Being a realist, he went out to the sun porch and outside as well to see if he could re-create it and couldn't! Of course, after several computer crashes, we have never been able to find the picture. So, I understand entirely! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!