Monday, January 3, 2022

There is always good news!

--I am the PILOT--I decide what goes into "the mouth"----but---lately, I'm finding when I "fall off the wagon" as Mom used to say, it's really really hard to climb back on----but--I am trying---  This AM., the scales were not kind--So, ---I know what to do---I just need to do it--get rid of the G'ale--drink water instead--plus, lotza more stuff--maybe get back on the DREADMILL--even for 10 minutes--Taking Lopez out is not going to cut it!

So, we have Covid all over the place. I honestly don't believe one can go out without  getting it1--I think I shall limit my trips to town--perhaps not get my hair done (sob sob)-Will this stuff ever end?--Our daughter's children start back to school to-day-----She expects they will pick up the variant--so far, no schools are open here--but--they may be later in the week. I do double mask now, and when someone gets too close to me, I hold my breathe. Did we ever imagine the world would come to this?

It was minus 20.4 C this AM---That IS cold! --Little Lopez did go out--then came back in and did his business inside the front door. I think Himself was ready to do him in!---Training a puppy in Northern Ontario, in the winter is a challenge!

My brother from New Hampshire called yesterday and it was a treat to hear from him. They are living with a dog who is 13 years and about ready to pass---  He calls the dog "Bob"--  Bob, apparently  falls over every so often, and lies there , sometimes for an hour --or 2-- then gets up, and goes on with the day-- Bob is full of Cancer , and they are allowing Bob to live as long as he is able. What we go thru eh as we are old-- and our pets are old!--Lord love a Duck-- 

I was playing  the piano earlier--Sonatina #2---in C Major by Clementi--both Beau and Lopez  were beside the piano--- Lopez used to bark, when he heard the piano, but has become used to the music now-- 

So, that is "about it-"-as Dad used to say! --- I hope by my chatting away here, it might take your minds off of all the chaos out there that we all are dealing with these days----and surviving! --WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!-- WE CAN DO THIS----  I CAN DO THIS! --_- I must try harder! 





 

15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and Lynda, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell you that my daughter now has the virus? So that's two in my family. Their son doesn't have it yet.

    I'm all for letting aged pets continue on...as long as they're not in misery. Quality of life is more important than quanity of life, IMHO.

    Music! Oh, how I love it! Wish I could play like you! Music all day in my apartment...either Classic Country (KJKK on Audacy.com) or peaceful meditation type music. I am subscribed on youtube to Peder Helland and Tim Janus. The Country music makes Lucky want to run around and play. The new age meditation type music calms him down.

    Music is going on around here (with me singing to lots of the country music) until supper time when I finally put on the tv.

    I bet it's hard anywhere to train a puppy in the winter! Be glad he's not a pot bellied piggy! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do think you are being wise to limit the number of trips you make to town for groceries, hair etc. Here we are in a new year and still struggling with old problems like weight and the virus. We will succeed with both of them. "Rome wasn't built in a day". Nor shall we reach our weight goals in a day, but give it time and anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear husband went to the store for me today because my surgery is only 10 days away and I need to stay away from all possible exposure to Covid. Oh, I am so tired of having to make decisions based on such a horrid virus. How nice that Beau and Lopez enjoy your piano playing! My Daisy is so restless with the cold weather and her mom not being able to take her for walks! But soon life will go back to some kind of normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this Omnicron variant is all over the place and it will be a miracle if everyone doesn’t catch it @ one point. BUT the good news is at least the vaccinations and boosters make for a milder case.

    Awwwww, Miss Lilly really doesn’t like to take the time to do her ‘poopy job’ outside sometimes when it’s bitter. But I have a puppy pad inside where she favors doing the job and she does use that.

    Glad you got to talk to your brother So sorry to hear his fur baby is so ill, but sounds like he’s being kept comfortable.

    Awwww, I bet Beau and Lopez enjoy the music you plan on the piano!

    WE ARE all in this together. Stand tall, we can do this.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day! Glad you are not going to the store and lingering, this next month will be the stickler. All the folks who sashayed all around will be carrying the Covid and spreading it this month, not even realizing how dumb they are. This sickness is unnecessary, even if you don’t die, why should it be ok to pass it around? Kids being sent back to school is silly. Lynda, be very careful out there! And keep two pads by the door, always…..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with Lopez. His antics are why we don't have a dog now. David would like to have one, but I'm the one who gets to feed, water, do all
    the clean-up. Just tired of that.
    I know the weight thing....one cannot cheat and expect to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is tremendously cold! I can't imagine wee Lopez trying to do his business outside in such freezing temps. I hope you stay as safe as possible from the virus. Glad for the nice chat with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the distraction Lynda. I'd LOVE to hear you play. You sound very accomplished.
    Yep...time for the dreadmill and tightening up the meal plans.
    Lopez training is why I don't have a dog. I'd be doing it all and being frustrated. Yes. Very cold up there and Lopez doesn't like the cold.
    Not going to the store as much and postponing hair apts is likely a good idea right now.
    Glad you got to chat with brother.
    We CAN do what's necessary to get on track and stay there to reach our weight goals.
    Stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw in the news yesterday how Ontario was locking down some again. Hopefully I can stay safe and get my knee surgery in 2 days . . . got my preop covid test this morning. . .now I am going to stay away from everyone until Thursday. One day at a ime . . .one step at a time. Be safe and healthy. Donna from NH

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was out all Tuesday so did read this one till now, and of course it's another nice, friendly, newsy blog to read, thank you Lynda.

    Lopez will do better in the warmer weather. You just happened to adopt a baby Chihuahua in the worst weather of the year for outdoor training. He's going to be okay. I hope Fred will hang onto his patience till then.
    Hugs from me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Playing catch-up... I wonder where Monday went? It's Tuesday night... your life is full!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am playing catch up! It's so nice that you get to speak to your brother on occasion! I agree once I fall off the wagon it can be hard to get back into the groove again. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!