Friday, April 7, 2023

Calmness is the cradle of power--and-- We have power now!


 AND----- WE HAVE THE POWER! ---- on my favourite day--TO_DAY!----We even have sunshine--with 6 ft of snow everywhere! ----  AND, it is GOOD FRIDAY and we are invited to have dinner over at Son#4's house----  so---- 
It might even warm up---as the day progresses-- (It probably won't but  it sure is a good thought!)-

What a difference a day makes eh?---I feel renewed--It feels good to feel calm--more in control of my mind----The past 2 days  made me feel like I was in a tizzy--awful feeling--

So, Son #2, the Pilot, is almost to Brazil--He flew all night--Toronto--- to Brazil----3 pilots---- I suppose pictures of food will be sent shortly---  What do people in Brazil eat??-- He will surely let us know!  

It looks like such a large city!

I have ice to try to lift off the deck overlooking the lake--plus the deck off the  downstairs deck--is covered with  more ice- Yesterday I cleared what the snowplough had pushed into our drive, out by the back road-- If it is left overnight, it all freezes and becomes stuck to the ground-impossible to lift--  I threw it out onto the road hoping the sun will melt it.

It is a wonderful long weekend-- Easter weekend, as a kid, we were all dressed up in a new Easter Bonnet-Mom took my older sister and I-- (in those days there were hat stores)- --- to the tiny hat store and we could choose a new hat--and we had bare legs and a new outfit and Sunday morning we were taken to Church--- and had to sit on a very cold bench in that church--I can almost still feel how cold Easter Sunday was, in London Ontario-- memories eh?---


Lotza stuff to think about on a good Friday--good memories--crazy memories-- and, I must try to remember that  life usually turns out  the way it is supposed to--in time! ---

LOL--- I did not buy Easter Candy--but-- I will to-day--and bring it to the dinner to-night--FOR THE GRAND  CHILDREN ----Funny what one remembers eh?- Son#$2, used to always eat the back off everyone's Chocolate Bunny--then put the front half back in the box--- hoping that child --his sister or brother, would not notice---and of course, it was a matter of time, before it was discovered and that child would come crying to me.---  

Sadie is now pounding at the door here-- (Yu know she is really me!)- so---   -I best get "this show on the road."


Even if the power goes out in your neck of the woods, remember to try not to "LOSE IT"---because, it WILL COME BACK ON__and---








16 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you have power again! Hallelujah. Glad that you’ll have dinner w/Son #4.

    Hope Son #2 gets to enjoy Brazil a little. For sure he’ll post some of his posts.

    I remember Easter’s growing up . . . being so excited to have a new outfit and showing it off @ church! And of course, the Easter basket!

    Mom would eat one ear off the chocolate easter bunny! LOL

    Sun shining here, hope it is for you, too.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww-so cute--- Yer Mom eating one ear of the rabbit--We have power today-- so so much better! Lynda

      Delete
  2. So happy you have power. I have been thinking of you and himself and the rest of the family. It sounds like everyone is doing well. Today is Good Friday and we are having nice weather here in MI. it is 50 degrees. I wish I could send this weather and sun to you to help melt your snow. Have a Happy Easter and don't eat too much of that candy you brought the grandkids. Lots of Love Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev---Happy Easter to yu---and, yes, please send some nice warm sunshine here-- -- It is only 3 degrees outside to-day.-- hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your dinner at your son’s house this evening! Have fun with your grandchildren! I just had to have leaky pipes repaired, have spent almost $700 getting that done. Hard part was finding someone to do it! Not enough people want to work in north Texas. And it’s cold today, but they would not be pleased to do this in July, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it cost us a lot too when we had to change from copper pipes to specs --which are plastic tubing- which doesnt leak-- always something eh? Lynda

      Delete
    2. So happy power is back AND you'll be going to sons house for dinner. Enjoy
      Hugs

      Delete
    3. happy to see the power too-Lynda

      Delete
  4. I don't ever remember the power going out here, but it sure did in Chicago! It must've been terrible for you. You have to find a new way to do things...or make a decision not to go them...Thank God it's over for this time.
    You will have a great Easter weekend with your family.
    Mine is far away, but we have karaoke Saturday night and are having a feast in our Community Room on Sunday.
    Another friend Dxed with covid.
    Check coming today. I need to pay bills on-line and see which ones can wait 'til my retirement check comes on the 19th.
    Always stuff to do. We do live interesting lives, don't we?
    Looking forward to food and family photos...{{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu are so right- ALWAYS stuff to do for sure-- $$$ coming in---and then going out- Sad about yer friend with Covid-- Yes, Son#2 will send food pics for sure--says its humid there and warm--He is in bed--said the flight was rough as they crossed the equator and its always rough when they do that---Hugs , Lynda

      Delete
  5. Yeah for the return pf power! Normally on Good Friday we would have Fish even though we weren't Catholic and I have continued that throughout my life but today is DH Birthday (77 years) and he wants Bratwurst and Sauerkraut and my homemade baked beans. I also made him a carrot cake which we had for lunch. We are never in the mood for dessert after dinner so this works better to have it for lunch and we can enjoy it more.
    I remember getting new outfits complete with those hats that had elastic to hold them on our heads and white shoes because for Easter you could start wearing white patent leather shoes. Ahh the memories from our childhood.
    Have fun at dinner and with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes---The white shoes--patent -Your carrot cake sounds so good-- the sauerkraut sounds good too-Lynda

      Delete
  6. It's Kathy. I'm so glad your power is back and hopefully it will stay like that. I also hope it warms up for you soon. We are finally having a nice day and I'm feeling guilty for not wanting to take Daisy for a walk. But I did go to the gym this morning and had a good workout - and it is windy. All excuses I know. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the mid-50's and the 70's are coming next week. I don't know how it can be 20 and snowing one day and a week later 70 and sunny! Enjoy your dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely dinner at son#4's place--supposed to warm up here next week--I hope it really does--Lynda

      Delete
  7. Marti here. Have a happy Easter! My memories as a kid were good and bad. I remember having to dress up in a hat and coat and dress, and I hated wearing all that, I was a tomboy, and then having to be dragged to church, I hated church, LOL. But then I remember the Easter Egg hunts at the country club with my Aunt and Grandmother and Mom, and then the Easter basket, hidden somewhere in my Grandmother's house. Good and bad, Easter!

    It says it's 38 degrees there now, where you live, and eventually, it's going to warm up! We had some weather into the 70's, and then a big ole thunderstorm, and back into the 50's. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your memories are good and not so good-- Yes we had to dress up too Easter Sunday--Yu had some quite nice weather compared to here---Eventually it will be Spring-I hope-Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!