Friday, April 21, 2023

Get out and enjoy the day!

--even tho there is a million things to do--- I am alive--to breathe--to think--to enjoy--to love----so true isn't it?-- Sometimes one has to take a big breathe and  think of that--

We have company coming soon--- to stay with us for the weekend-- Lola and Apollo . who are son #3's-- 2 dogs-They are old---and very good dogs--  It will be good for Lopez who has "big attitude"-Lola will put him in his place--Lola is another Chihuahua--an apple head Chihuahua--with big attitude also, but does not show it unless necessary--Big  Beau is terrified of her--We had his dogs , not too long ago, and all went well--Someone in his wife's family has passed and they are heading off to where these people live, to support their family members---Good thing we are used to dog hair floating around eh?- We have 4 vacuums, so it will not be a problem--(Vaccuming has always been a big thing , in my life!--LOL)

This wee fellow IS the problem at times--He believes that he "rules the roost" as Mom used to say--I believe his huge attitude is becoming calmer, but it has taken a couple of years to convince him that I am the boss! 

That is me  above--I AM 80 years old!  I have no idea how I ever got to be this old-- It seems like yesterday I was  7 yrs old, walking home from school, and admiring  other people passing by--Lord love a Duck!-- I just cannot get any older---  I really must stop all of that-- and remain  ageless !--

Now my poor brother called me last evening---AND HE NOW HAS DECIDED TO STAY IN THE LT Care HOME-- Apparently yesterday the residents were entertained in their Lodge with a movie, which he thought was pretty nifty-- then, while eating lunch, an orchestra came in and played for them--and he loves the meals- -- I truly believe the staff there have sorted out his medications , and he has become  a lot better!-  Now isn't that just the best?--Some of you told ,me this would happen! 

My younger sister sent me the above---  We bought bananas yesterday ---I do love the above--Bananas are the best!

I hope your day will be special--MAKE IT SPECIAL--no matter what!---If you are over 80 years, you might know everything-- so good to  know--hard to remember it all tho--don't you agree?--- --just--- don't let the idiots get yu down--- 




just remember to get out to meet  others--go to them--and share  your life


 




 

15 comments:

  1. Glad your brother decided to stay! It sounds like fun. Do you have 2 chihuahuas now? Lopez has a friend? Great post today! Donna_cps2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We now have 2 Chihuahuas --an apple head one (LOLA)-and a Deer head one--I never knew there were different types--both--with big attitudes-and yes, my older brother has decided the Care place is not so bad--Praise the good Lord!-- Hugs to yu-Lynda

      Delete
    2. Thats great! Donna

      Delete
  2. OH boy. You’ll have your hands full w/4 dogs . . . and hope Apollo and Lopez get along! That’s kind of funny that Big Beau is afraid of tiny Apollo!

    That’s good that your brother has decided to stay @ the care facility. PHEW. Hallelujah!

    OMG! I love Boynton. That meme is PERFECT!

    Hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is a GOD in Heaven for sure-- Hallehluya --however yu spell it--- We will have 4 dogs till Monday-- hope its not longer-- but--- happy to help Son #3-Lynda!

      Delete
  3. I am so happy for your brother! And his happiness and cooperation help ease your worries for him!
    Dogs have owners...cats have staff. Doesn't Lopez know this? He only thinks he rules the roost!
    My kitty is shedding his winter coat now. I understand about pet hair! I have two vacuums and a 'bone' I bought at Walmart to remove his hair from clothing, sofa, etc.
    I have been reading about American Indian Spirit Animals. Depends on your zodiac sign, I guess. If I could choose, though...mine would be cats and dolphins. Next dogs and horses.
    Still cloudy here today 40s F, but no rain.
    I have packages coming today. Top among them are my drugs from the VA. A new one for my GERD will be there. I've been reading about GERD, too. Coffee and fizzy drinks make it worse. I sip on coffee much of the day and love my fizzy flavored water and a diet 7-Up in the evening. Sigh.
    Another package is a probiotic for Lucky. Do you know who Jackson Galaxy is? He did the series "My Cat from Hell." He is selling this stuff. One reviewer said, "He doesn't throw up his food anymore!" That's my issue with Lucky. This morning 2 piles of undigested food on my carpet.
    Problems with our furbies, but our life would be truly missing a lot of love if we didn't have them.
    Hope your son's doggies will enjoy their vacation and your pets their visitors.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a miracle that this brother "sees the light"--so to speak-I have heard of people with GERD----Funny coz I LOVE G'ALE---I am addicted to it I think! --I take a probiotic like yer dog-- We are so much the same--LOL--and yes, life without dogs and cat would be boring-- but --less hair--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  4. So happy to hear that your brother is settling in at the LT facility. They usually have something going on every day to keep the residents busy. Also he will have other people to talk to each day and the time will go faster for him. This is a good thing for your peace of mind and you won't worry about him or feel guilty. (Not that you should have but did) I hope the weekend goes well with your furry company. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred is not too happy--He gets quite confused-or maybe all the animals upset him--but--the best news ever-is my brother has calmed down and enjoying life now--Lynda

      Delete
  5. Wonderful that your brother has seen the light! At this stage, he is where he needs to be. Good luck with the dog sitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having 4 dogs is not what it is cracked up to be----LOL-- I will be happy to return the 2 visitors ----= Looks like thy arfe here to stay however till Monday-Lynda

      Delete
  6. It's Kathy. I'm so glad your brother has decided that living in the LT Care Home can be easier than living at home alone! Sounds like a pretty good deal to me to have movies and music and good food that you don't have to make yourself! I think it's pretty funny that Big Beau is afraid of little Lola - she must be very sure of herself. I love that! Enjoy your time with the two additional dogs! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy-- Yes it is wonderful to hear my old brother back-- It amazes me how much better he is--more like he used to be-He really never was quite right--LOL-- But so much less confused-- Yes, I love LOLA--- LOL-==Lynda

      Delete
  7. Just reading this today.
    Visiting dogs until Monday...thats a lot to handle. Be careful so no one trips over them. Hope apple headed Lola straightens out Lopez lol
    I HOPE your brother is sincere and WILL settle down. Thats better for him and less stress on you.....you have enough.
    Try to enjoy the chaos lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news about your brother. Sounds like that LTC place has their act together.

    You have always been so good to take in extra dogs when family needs arise. Hope the informal pack sorts it all out, and they get along. Animals do tend to do so.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!