Friday, April 14, 2023

It's FRIDAY -----Holy Cow!


 I am later than late posting--- It has been a busy morning--and I don't know why really--Well, I guess one reason was, that a new huge dog bed arrived out by the gate--dropped off by a UPS delivery service- We don't even have UPS up here in our neck of the woods-- So, I opened the huge box-- and it wasn't what I ordered at all. It was supposed to be for big Beau--  He had been using Tess's old bed---  but--it was kinda a mess----  So , last evening, I put it aside thinking that I would deal with it  all, in the morning----

"THIS WAS THE MORNING"---So, I called the company I ordered it from and she took down a lot of numbers, and eventually she told me that I had ordered the wrong bed--that this bed which arrived , was what "I" ordered----but----  no problem, she said, she could take it back, but it was up to me to call UPS-----WE have NO UPS in our town-----

I really should've just gone to or local pet store---SO----I MADE IT WORK---Beau will not have the enormous bed he was used to, but the smaller bed will do---It is new--clean--- and by keeping it, it will save me looking all over the place for someone to pick it up-It's disappointing when what you order , online, does not turn out--

Then this afternoon I am going to have the car dealer take off the snow tires (which are on rims)--and put on the summer tires, which are also on rims----  I called a few people (like a grown son)-- asking if someone could pick up my snow tires as they are heavy to get in my car--(You know, there are days that if I were a big man, I could get thru life so much easier in this "older age")------son#4 is going to help me out getting those winter tires back home here- ---Bless his heart ---



Son#2 is winging his way , back to Toronto, from Israel---He sent a picture of a stew---


-No treadmill--this morning, but, I did get walking with Lopez----up the back road --  I noticed lotza birds---and---our snow is melting quickly-- -- 

I hope that your day is going well--It is wonderful to feel some warmer air outside---  I hope that you get outside in the fresh air--  


   
                                                          Remember---  It's Friday----


14 comments:

  1. So glad son #4 will help you w/the summer tires. I can imagine how heavy they are!

    That stew looks delicious! DS #2 always posts such interesting foods!

    Hugs and hope it’s a good Friday and good weekend. Hope DH’s ear is doing better, too

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb--Isn't warmer days just the best? Lynda

      Delete
  2. Glad you are getting some warmer weather! I will finish weed whacking today and then start cleaning and do a little packing as I am going to visit my youngest son and his family in California next week. Hope you have a great week-end and that Beau likes his new bed, even though it was a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beau's bed fits better in the hall--- hope he szleeps in it tonite-- So happy that yu are getting away--Yu certainly deserve that-Lynda

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. I'm so glad your son is coming to help you with those tires. And also that it's nicer out so you and Lopez can walk a bit. We have lost almost all our snow. Daisy and I have walked all week but because it's unseasonably warm, we have to go out early in the day. I want to start getting up earlier so we can go before breakfast! Love the food picture - looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy--Isn't it wonderful to feel the heat of the sun?-- And--the summer tires are on--and Lopez has been walked--Life is good isn't it?-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Our snow is all gone in the yard and just a few places in the woods are still white but it should be gone by Monday. We are having an unusual heat wave . . . .almost like summer 80 yesterday and nearly that today. I got the porch furniture out on the deck from the shed. It still needs a good scrubbing but we had Happy Hour outside last night . . . first time in months and it was glorious. I don't put snow tires on my car I have new all season tires and my car is essentially 4 wheel drive . . . they call it all wheel drive. If it is really bad I don't have to go anywhere anyway. Glad the weather is getting nicer for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sitting here in shorts-- It is wonderful!--It really is a mini heat wave--I hate to say it, but they are calling for snow on Sunday--I hope thy are wrong!-- The summer tires are on-- Yeah---- Ya gotta love summer eh?-Lynda

      Delete
  5. Have a great day.
    Hope Beau likes the smaller bed. Quite an ordeal to return.
    Yaý son will hoist tires for you. Way too heavy to tackle.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margene--Isn't this warmer weather the best?--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynda: missing this great weather as still in the hospital with snows still on the car! Glad your son helped. Don’t you just hate the issues we get from online ordering? Returning stuff is such a problem. I’m sure Beau will like his bed as long as Lopez stays out of it. Cheers Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from yu Brenda---Yu in hospital?----I will think about yu--and yes, online shopping is great when it all turns out--hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  7. I didn't comment this time. It was just that I was SO very tired. I went to the Minneapolis VA today for appointments. I walked miles. That place is so big. Met a new doctor (mine quit to spend time with family) and found they are short 2 doctors in the Women's Clinic. Next time...a few weeks...I will see a man doctor trained in women's health. It's okay by me, but I really established a good rapport with the one I saw today. She has too many patients now. That's why I'm being moved.
    Glad you got help with your tires. I don't even have snow tires. They'd come in handy. Your kids are usually great at helping you.
    I bet Lopez likes the weather better now. Easier on his poor little paws.
    Love the photo of the stew! Wonder what's in it?
    I am lucky to have a UPS store close by. I have returned stuff a couple times.
    How does Beau feel about the new bed...is he using it? {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beau likes his new bed- slept in it last night-- He is such a good boy! -And I hope that yu get a nice new Doctor--I have a new Dr. now too and I haven't met him yet---Yu are so fortunate to have UPS -When parcels are sent UPS here, it is so complicated--- no depot-- I hope you are not so tired now-- ugs, Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!