Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Sometimes I wanna be a child again.


Life really can be a beautiful mess--  We just go with the flow I guess~-----

 WE HAVE SNOW FALLING--WE HAVE SNOW ON THE GROUND--Lord love a Duck eh?---The good news is, we do not have to go anywhere-- All that was done yesterday--2 trips to town-- 

 Lopez, the Chihuahua , with big attitude, had his shots--  weighs 10.5 pounds--so , he is growing--and-- Himself , I took to the Dentist after his nap--and all seemed to be going well--but-(Isn't there always that big "BUTT?")---When he was walking from the dental chair, out to where I was waiting for him, he was in his bare feet----  

"Where are your socks?" I asked him--Of course he didn't hear me-- Apparently he never put socks on his feet and the Dental office required people take off their outside shoes----  I must always check him over , from head to toe, before we go any place again. The Dentist must've wondered why this man was sitting in his chair in his bare feet! 

Then there is my brother, in his nursing home way far away from here. His kids have not hooked up his phone-yet!--  I called the place---and I managed to talk to the nursing station, and they brought him to their phone and he was delighted to hear from me-- Poor guy eh?--  He probably wondered why I had never called him. He proceeded to tell me that he was going home to-day---which is just not going to happen. I never said that to him tho-----His mind seemed clear--clearer than I've heard it for a very long time--I suppose the LTC residence people  have sorted out his meds -which seems to have made a big difference. I will send yu the address in a couple days as some of you said that, "YES" you would send him a hello card.

I have been lugging summer wear upstairs--winter clothing downstairs--  a terrible time consuming job! I had no idea that I owned so many outfits-- some of them are going to  be given away for sure!




I know we must accept all that comes our way, but----how much courage does the "GOOD LORD" think we have?---  There really is a limit to all the snow--and soon it will be May---  Grocery prices are still going up---and gasoline I hear is rising--8 cents more a litre- Doncha jess feel like screaming, "I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!"-----

There are days,  I wish we had not even one thing to think about-----I suppose turning off the news is a smart idea---playing the piano , another ---


but----- sometimes----sometimes, it just might be nice to................


15 comments:

  1. Oh NO snow again! Just cloudy, cold and windy here in Ohio! Happy that little Lopez had a good vet report. Yes, 10.5 pounds, he is growing. Goodness, sorry himself came out of the dentist with no socks. I have never heard of taking of the outside shoes but they say to always take your outdoor shoes off at home at the front door because they carry so many germs. Never would have thought that at the dentst. Do they do that at the doctor too? So happy you were able to speak with your brother. Hopefully, he will get used to it there and maybe come to enjoy it. Let's hope! I couldn't believe he tried to escape but he never wanted to go so I can understand he wanted to try to leave. I do think at times being a child again would be less stress. lol Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so cold here--WITH snow--I hope it goes soon--- No, I did not take my shoes off --but Himself, did, unbeknownst to me-- till he walked out--And, yes, my poor brother--I did not try to contact him today--I do miss his calls tho-and yes, being a child would be OK for a day or 2---LOl--Hugs to yu-Lynda

      Delete
    2. I am sure you miss his calls and just to know that he is ok. I think it is a wonderful idea for us to send a card to him. Yes, only a child for a day or 2. lol

      Delete
  2. Happy Himself did mostly well at the dentist. Now, if he would be like that for his ears.
    Good that you spoke to your brother. Maybe you gave the facility your phone #? They could let you know when his phone is hooked up.
    We have a nice day today. Windy this morning, but sunny and warmer now. Still not like last week. We are due rain this evening, some storms. It will continue periodically all day tomorrow...and I am due to get my car worked on/1
    My Sadie got lots done around the apartment today. Still gotta try my new Swiffer duster.
    I am still keeping my eye out for geese, robins and hummingbirds! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a Swiffer ---I am going to Canadian Tire to-morrow-Maybe I can find a swiffer-- Happy that your Sadie helped in your apartment--She is the best eh??--No Hummingbirds here yet--but I have 4 new feeders--that feed 6 birds at each feeder-I will have to buy sugar by the tuck loads eh?--Lotza robins here but--no worms for thm with the snow-- SO good to hear from YU-Lynda

      Delete
  3. Yes, turning off the news is helpful. I've stopped watching news several months ago. Of course, my husband reads fox news on-line and always wants to tell me what bad things are happening. Today he finally said maybe he shouldn't look at the news so much. Yes, I feel like screaming sometimes. It's just one bad thing after another. But we have to make the best of it, don't we Lynda. You have taught me that! I took my Daisy to the groomer's after lunch - I have walked through this house a couple of times looking for her! I hope your snow melts soon. Oh, your comment about clothes - after my mother passed away it was my job to clear out her house. She had her clothes in the closet in her room, the closet in the other downstairs bedroom, the front hall closet and a big closet she had downstairs. And each closet was PACKED! I'm sorting through mine as I exchange winter for summer and sending a bunch to the Goodwill. Have a great day! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I sent so many outfits to the Good Will---- hard to do--yet I never wear them-Lynda

      Delete
  4. The sun is shining. Glad he got to the dentist!! What a wonderful life!
    Donna_cps2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna--It is a wonderful life--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  5. Interesting story about himself and no socks. Dentist here doesn't require shoe removal but I can see the logic...however, himself did need socks. LOL Its not warm up there.
    I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE HAVING SNOW. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!
    I'm glad you were able to talk to your brother. I do hope he settles in. His saying he's getting out...well...thats a bit disturbing. Fingers crossed he settles down. Its not easy to accept living in a nursing home but it sounds like his best option.
    Being a child sounds kind of nice for a short time. We just have to breathe and figure out the next right thing as caretakers. Staying strong is necessary.
    Changing out seasons of clothing is a lot of work. I always manage to purge more each time. Seems I have plenty of clothes that don't fit right or that I seldom wear sigh.
    Enjoy your day. Play your piano.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that he cannot pull the socks on-- so--another thing I shall have to do----I called my brother--the nrsy station-- but wished I hadn't as he wanted me to go and get him-- He lives a VERY long way from here--I too have clothes I havent worn in years-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Would LOVE to be a child again... not really, though. I'm ready to let the next generation take over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too--- but--once in awhile it might be fun--Lynda

      Delete

  7. OH goodness. **SIGH** No socks. And never heard of a dental office requiring outside shoes to be taken off! They should have slip on slippers like the hospital if they’re gonna do that, for goodness sakes!

    Awwwww, it’s hard dealing w/your brother’s issues far away. I HOPE that his children get his phone hooked up soon. That was like a lifeline for my Dad.

    Yup . . . hard sometimes to imagine how much courage the good Lord thinks we really have! BUT yet, here we stand . . . continuing to figure things out. **SIGH**

    Yeah, sometimes I wanna be a kid again, too, but then again . . . ONLY if I don’t have to go through a lifetime os experiences again to learn the lessons I’ve already learned!

    HUGS and hope it’s a good Wednesday.

    Hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yu are so right-- WE just could never repeat all the things we had to deal with as we grew---and I wish my brother had a phone-- I do miss chatting with him-- Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!