Sunday, April 9, 2023

Today is going to ROCK!

So---- To-day is going to ROCK---  Repeat that 3 times---  then, make it happen--  Easter Sunday---and the stores are closed--YEAH!---
 

This morning, I walked 10 minutes on the "Dreadmill"--did some back stretches---and a few weights,--(light weights)- as the back of my arms look like I am well over 100 years old--I decided to put 15 minutes aside daily (for now)- to try to get rid of the  horrible sciatica which is extremely painful, and getting worse.


It's Easter Sunday---  and--NO SNOW IS FALLING-We have sunshine---- melting snow--  Usually when the big melt down begins, the snow disappears very quickly--  "We shall see what we shall see"--(of course, Mom's expression!)

So, Son#2 seems to love those Cheese Buns, in Brazil--  He walked somewhere for breakfast , so here is a variety of the biscuits, all warmed up when yu buy them-He calls them, "Pao de Queijo"-- which means, warm cheese bread.

The above picture must've been  his walk  there---He was telling me all about the fruits that come from Brazil--especially the Papayas  ---  and---- he returns this evening, back to Pearson airport, in Toronto,
probably  with his plane loaded with fruits from Brazil .

Beau and Lopez are both up-- Lopez thinks our love seat is his bed -- --and beside him is big Beau----I say, "Go to your bed"- and  the wee Chihuahua,  races to our couch--


I must tell yu about yesterday--and you will think me a bit "touched" in the head--  -

-I was packing up my groceries in my bins, at the store--- and a bin tipped over and most everything fell out--  Before I could  pick up all the contents, a man, passing by the cash, stopped and picked everything up for me and put it all back in my bin--I looked at him--- and said, "Thank you very much"----He never said anything--but, he looked just like my Dad--maybe thinner--but the same cap on his head--with the same baggy pants that Dad wore-and he had the same kind of smile on his face- and when I went to tell him that, he kept walking past me, towards the door--and he had no groceries with him---

I came home, and said to Himself, "You know, I just saw Dad  ("Pampa" we called him!)- in the grocery store--- but---- of course , Himself did not hear me-----  and of course it probably wasn't my Dad----- but---- well, you never know---- MAYBE IT WAS----- Lord love a Duck!-- You suppose he came on Easter Sunday to say hello to me?-----  Do you believe that miracles do happen?----  Well, I survived the worst winter in history-----and that is a miracle-----  Ya never know eh?


Happy Easter  Sunday to you all---- We all have been thru ---- well--a great deal---  and the miracle is, that we are still here-----  because we are strong-----



22 comments:

  1. Happy Easter🌷✨ Yes, I believe in miracles; maybe it was your dad🧡 Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, we swill never know eh if that was Dad --Funny experience-Happy Easter-Lynda

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter. Yes. I absolutely believe in miracles. It might have been your dad.
    The fur boys have taken over the love seat and surrounding area. Pets are all about comfort.
    Good on you for visiting the dreadmill and using weights. That will help the sciatica.
    I'm happy to hear you have SUN. Melting can't happen soon enough for you. Its a beautiful sunny Easter morning in St. Louis. Might hit 70F today. Gorgeous day and perfect for egg hunts. I miss those egg hunt days. Hoping you'll see your kids/grands today. Going to sons house later. Bringing roasted turkey and fresh fruit salad. No grandkids but got a new toy and treats for my granddog.
    Warm cheese bread sounds amazing.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. --It sure looked like Dad--it sounds like your day will be blessed--nice to visit kids/grands- i love the "big melt down"-- music to my ears-LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter to you and Himself. I also believe in miracles. I am happy to hear that the sun is shining and the snow is melting. Spring is on the way. Enjoy your day, relax and play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miracles that we cannot explain always intrigue me-- yes,,FINALLY- the snow is melting-Lynda

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty sure my husband was briefly standing in my hospital room the other day. And then he wasn't there. But it felt good knowing he was still keeping an eye on me!

    I didn't make any type of cheese things today but I have a new issue with an arm that has swellings on it where they tried to get the needle in. It's warm to the touch and if it weren't Easter weekend, I'd of gone to ER for it. I'll see how it is tomorrow. But worse - I have not had any colds, viruses, etc since before the pandemic started and I seem to have brought home a very bad chest & nose cold from my trip to the hospital. I'll be checking for Covid too, just in case. I have autoimmune issues. This is the last thing I need. So off to bed with me and I'll be hoping you have a lovely Easter with Himself and the pups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is still warm to the touch and sore, yes yu must go to the Emerg-- Your experience in Hospital was not good--and now yu have a "cold"--Please keep us poisted-Lynda

      Delete
  5. Amen and happy Easter to you and yours! We have been through "a lot" and come out on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been thru a lot Barb-- nice day here to-day and snow is melting- Lynda

      Delete
  6. Wishing your son a safe flight home. Cheese buns look good! Yes, I think you have seen your Dad, but he is always around, you just can’t see him most of the time. I’m worried about FlitterbyG and her arm, so many people get sick from being in the hospital these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am worried about FlitterbyG also------ It sounds like she had a very bad experience-- I hope it goes ok--but it doesn't sound good-Lynda-

      Delete
  7. Awwww, safe travels to your DS #2 piloting home!

    Awww, sweet picture of the boys.

    As for seeing your Dad, I believe it for sure. Was outside and saw a cardinal today. First one in a VERY long time. Was very close to me. I know it was my Dad That's his bird. He loved Easter and I am sure that's why he sent the msg!

    Agree w/your advice to FlitterbyG! Nothing to take a chance with!

    hugs and glad you had a good Easter!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb--Isn't that wondeful? The Cardinal-- and that was yer Dad--It must've made the day-- Lynda

      Delete
  8. Love your Kermit! I actually sent my sister a Kermit that said Happy Easter, Sister. lol That bread looks very good! I am sure your son enjoyed it. He always finds the best food in his travels. Nice to see your dad or what seemed like it was anyways. Lopez is a smart little boy and in such good hands with Beau. Hope you had a lovely Easter and enjoyed your Sunday. I know it's your favorite day like mine. It was absolutely beautiful here in Ohio today. Went to Walmart and McDonald's just to get out a bit. It is going to be really nice all week! Looking forward to it. Labs in the morning, not looking forward to that nurse Lynda! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah yu mentioned the bad nurse before-- That is terrible --And yes, Sunday is the best day of the week-Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
    2. It all went great! Whew! Thank you, Lynda!

      Delete
  9. I hope you had a good Easter Sunday. I'm glad it's warming up a bit. We had a very warm day but about the time I was ready to take Daisy for her walk, it started raining! It was probably best because my back was really bothering me. Seems I can only do so much in one day still! We are expecting unseasonably warm days ahead so I'm hopeful the snow all melts away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are expecting better warmer temps too---- Praise be to God!! --LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  10. I hope you had a wonderful Easter with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What? I must not have commented here after my busy day. I know I was really tired. I even went to bed early! That is an almost never for me.
    Hope you had a marvelous Easter...maybe dinner with your family. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!