Monday, April 3, 2023

Make today so awesome yesterday is jealous


 I have been out shovelling--  wet snow-- I think it is raining now but we had about 6 more inches of snow overnight. Outside, it looks like we live in igloo land---There is SO much snow! ---I tried to keep a path open to the propane tank, but--I think the poor delivery woman, whose name is Katrina, will have to squeeze sideways on my tiny little path, to the tank-and, she has to drag her hose, to fill the tank.--

Well, enough about that--because, someday, it will melt-It just can't keep on snowing--We have NEVER had snow in July--Lord love a Duck!--

So, I must think happy thoughts here---What are your most favourite things to do?--I have to say, I do enjoy playing the piano--and, I'm not like Liberace--Remember him?-- But, I LOVE TO PLAY---

I would enjoy going to a weekend piano retreat-- where the whole weekend, I could sit on the piano bench with all my piano books--and just play and play all day---That is my dream--Of course, it will never happen, probably because I have  never heard of a piano retreat-- and I have Lopez to take care of--- and Himself--not necessarily in that order--  AND--then there is the snow!

Another very best thing to do, is read--but, it has to be a good book--In fact, last night in bed, I read -well, it seemed like most of the night-I am reading, the "Bridgerton" Collection-- Volume1--It took me a few chapters to get into it, but , last night , I just could not stop reading--

---and I enjoy a series of some sort------ but , back to the snow---shovelling snow is the very worst ---most awful, horrible thing, in the whole world.

Now--Isn't the above, the best thing , ever, to think about?--"Life becomes so much more fulfilling when you are just simply yourself."--Who cares if people look at you "funny"?--- It really is all about "you"---just like it says above.-----  



 


15 comments:

  1. You really did get a lot of snow, they even showed it on TV. For you March went out like a lion. I can imagine that you want to see the end of it and be able to welcome back the hummingbirds. Hopefully it won't be too long now. Enjoy today and play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu saw our area on TV?---- interesting----- I have never seen this much snow -ever--Lynda

      Delete
  2. It's Kathy. We got so much snow on Saturday and now a lot of it has melted. But more snow coming later this week. I know it will eventually be spring but I am so ready for it. I remember how much I loved going to bed as a girl and listening to my mom play her piano. I guess that was her way of winding down for the night after her mom responsibilities were over. I also love reading - could do it all day! Have a good day and rest up after shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you remember your Mom playing the piano---- Im enjoying this series of books-- I love to read too--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Lynda, I love the weather 'poster!' Reminds me of the LOA teaching that says, "Other people's opinions of you are none of your business."
    Maybe you can arrange a few hours for your own piano retreat. It will calm a lot of stress.
    I love a good book, too. Have several left to get to on my Kindle. That reminds me, you said something that made me think you were going to leave yours behind...why? It's very small, and wherever you are you should be able to get internet.
    My favorite series now is on Netflix. It's called Heartland. It deals with a family in a small town in Quebec (Hudson). I am on season 12 of 14.
    Warmer here today, but cloudy. Temps in the 40sF. Tomorrow is to be a mix of snow and rain. We are to get no more than 1/4 inch.
    We're getting there! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I could never let go of my Kindle--- It allows me to read , read , read---Yes I have heard of Heartland--Hopefully when we move into town, we will be able to "stream"-Netflix--- Yes, Spring is closer--- but--we still have snow--Sob! -- Hugs to yu my girl-Lynda

      Delete
  4. I can NOT believe you got six more inches snow. It has to quit. Its ridiculous.
    Please DO play your piano and read your book.
    Loved the inserts.
    It is 80F here today with sun and gentle breezes.. Trees in bloom. A gorgeous day. Yours IS coming.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trees are in bloom in yer neck of the woods?--Yu are so lucky!--We still are deep into the snow--sob! sob!-Lynda

      Delete
  5. Boy that snow loves your area. Yes, enjoy reading. I have plenty of stacked books of all kinds, ready to go. Even old old cool books. Do what you enjoy, make time for it. Take care. We are suddenly at 92 degrees today, but a cold front will come in two days to cool it off in this part of Texas (north). Have a water leak to be repaired on Thursday. Expensive. No trips anywhere. Staying home. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No trips here either--but 92 degrees sure sounds good!--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Oh my. Sorry that you’re dealing with so much snow. IT is exhausting.

    Oh yes, I remember Liberace. Such a showman and good musician!

    I hope you get a break today!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YU remember Liberace-- and he had a brother too--Lynda

      Delete
  7. We're in the sun and 60's and you have snow, but we're going to get some snow tomorrow, but nothing like what you're getting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula--- This has been the worst winter EVER_-LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  8. Hi there…. I also remember Liberace! He was so talented. I have a piano, and I agree it does relax me as well. I’m not very good, but I only play for my own enjoyment. Though my husband does enjoy listening. For me, Christian hymns are what I like to play. And maybe a little easy listening stuff from the 60’s. We subscribe to Masterpiece Theatre and just finished the 3 seasons of All Creatures Great and Small. It was wonderful.
    I do hope life gets easier for you. Enough is enough!
    Vicki from MA

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!