Saturday, August 12, 2023

A Hug to wish you a good day-


 Good morning--  no  sunshine here to-day--It looks like rain and I believe Southern Ontario is going to get some "bumpy" weather--- I mean thunderstorms and "look out for hurricane" type of weather-----we have the AC on because of the high humidity--

Son #2, the Pilot guy, is now in Sao Paulo---- called me on my cell this AM when he got to his hotel-- said the flight started out bumpy--but it ended up being quite smooth---He only had 2 hrs of sleep on the flight , so was heading to bed--Right above the cockpit, is a small room, with beds  for the pilots, on the Dreamliner. The Dreamliner usually has 3-4 pilots depending on the passenger load and/or--the length of the flight--and each pilot takes a turn having a sleep  during the flight--

I hope to get sugar--and bananas, to-morrow--IF I CAN GET THERE EARLY--I have  been grocery shopping already this week--smaller orders --and I must say, it is so much easier to unload the groceries at home-

-And the Grandson, was out to do the grass yesterday-- He asked if he could bring his 2 friends--They would all ride out on their motorcycles--These boys are going into Gr 9---What nice boys they all were-- They restrung my Weed Whackers-- filled them with gas--started them so much easier than I ever could--really good kids! ----  I was telling them, they all should start their own "Lawn Care " business --There are a number of women in town, like myself, whose husband cannot help them, so they do their own lawn care------These kids could make a bit of $$$  and be a huge help to these women--The boys just looked at me kinda funny---Most young kids do not think far ahead---I don't believe they notice the cost of living in the world to-day, being sheltered with their parents which is good, I guess! 

Below  is a picture of my Dad, at Daytona Beach---On his rt is Son#1, and on his left , with the blond hair, is Son#2-----

and----below is a young picture, of son #2, as a Pilot, with his daughter--Kids grow up eh?--- Love them to pieces, and they become important parts of to-day's world--

, I thought to-day was Sunday---  even changed our bed-- It is National Elephant Day in case you were wandering--"like--"Is this National Elephant Day?"----AND----IT IS---LOLOL-- 

I think the above  saying is so true--I appreciate all your ideas on how to deal with Himself-Lord love a Duck! --It can be a challenge at the best of times-- sometimes I just pretend to not hear him--The trick is to ---NOT LOSE MY MIND----

The weekend is here---and we are a part of it---










19 comments:

  1. I am happy you have all kinds of help. Sometimes, I know, there are times when the help is not coming. That's when it's more difficult.
    I don't have outside work to do except lugging my garbage and recyclables out to the dumpsters. Today I'm catching up with Sadie chores: dishes, laundry, floor washing, etc.
    Funny that now that I'm older I don't have that happy feeling when the weekend comes. I remember when I was working how we looked forward to Friday at 5 P.M.!
    Keep on keeping on, dear. Things will sometimes be hard, but think of the good times when help is there, when Himself and the pets are all behaving, when you have time for your piano and books on your tablet, when the sun is shining...but not too hot or cold. There are always good things to focus on. (I am reminding myself here, too.)
    Laundry is in, dishes washed, Lucky wants attention, then onto the kitchen floor.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu are so --positive! That makes me feel positive-- LOL----= It was a good fdayu to-day--so that is good too-Lynda

      Delete
  2. No sun in Ohio, either. All of Ohio is in a tornado watch until 9 pm. How nice of those boys to help you so much with your lawn. Yes, they could start a business. I did a smaller pickup grocery order yesterday and it was much easier. So considerate of your pilot son to always check in. So thoughtful to ease your mind. Tomorrow is Sunday! We will enjoy and your bed is done! Today is also National Garage Dale Day! Lol Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our daughter told me too about the storms in Ohio--kind of scarey--Lynda

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. How nice of your grandson to bring his friends to help. I agree with you, there are so many people who could use that kind of help. We have a very large yard and while I could mow it myself, I'm not sure I'd ever want to. My husband was very ill a few summers ago and my youngest son came by once a week to do the mowing. I so appreciated it. I agree, a few more trips with less groceries does make it easier to put it all away! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--=-a few more trips for groceries almost seems easier-- Himself was pretty good today--for him--or--maybe I just didn't hear him--*S*--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Hope you got to the store. I find it easier to shop earlier when it’s not crowded.

    Bless your grandson and his friends! Restores your faith in humanity when you see such nice young men

    Your pictures are adorable and your granddaughter . . . adorable! They do grow up fast, don’t they!

    Hugs and here’s to a wonderful weekend.

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your weekend is enjoyable too Barb--Lynda

      Delete
  5. Loved the inserts
    Yes. Look at things differently.
    Nice friends of grandson to get your weed trimmers ready to use. Yes. Those kids could make extra money cutting and trimming while providing a needed service. Maybe they'll think about that for next summer. I'm glad your grandson does your mowing. It helps.
    I make smaller, more frequent, grocery runs as I find it easier to put away and tote in the house plus the total price isnt quite so scary lol. Seems I'm running for bananas every other day.
    I had no idea the pilots had a napping spot in the cockpit but it makes sense that they would need a rest on a long flight. Your son is so thoughtful to call and check on you 2.
    Hoping you have an easy day with himself. Being able to pretend you don't hear him...could be very helpful. Perhaps you could let him go along to hairdresser but I'm hoping he'll be sble to go to the center soon.
    Bumpy weather in St.Louis. Heavy wind and storms at 3AM. We seem to be stuck in the storm pattern. Its happening frequently.
    Play your piano. Read a book.
    I had no idea its Elephant Day. LOL
    Stay strong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Con#2 that Pilot returns back to Toronto to-morrow--He is a good guy--well, they all are---and yes, I appreciate what the Grandson does so much!-Yes I do enjoy the piano--- and the dogs fall asleep when I p[lay--so cute! Lynda

      Delete
  6. National Elephant day? We have a new baby elephant at the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. I haven't been to see her, but the photos and videos sure are cute! Is there anything more adorable than young creatures? Humans included!

    And speaking of young humans, the world needs them all! Us old-er folk need to let them take on bigger and bigger roles as they grow up, don't we? It's gratifying to see them do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have never heard of celebrating Elephants--but--why not?--and yes, this younger generation will come thru--I can see it now-Lynda

      Delete
  7. So nice that your son calls you from all over the world when he is there!! Donna_cps2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna yu know, for every Pilot in a plane somewhere, there is a Mother worrying somewhere-- and yes, I love it when I hear he has landed somewhere safely---Of course, he feels safe and sound in the sky-- I guess that is a good thing if yu are a pilot-- Yu know, when he was growing up, he watched "Top Gun" every chance he got-- He even dressed the part as he watched it--then he flew Drones-- He loves his job and I know he is good at it--LOL--Funny eh?--I think all pilots are like him-Lynda

      Delete
  8. Nice pictures. Good your grandson came over with his friends and they even did the weed whackers so you don't have to take them to the guy in town. That's a big help. Sounds like son #2 always knew he wanted to be a pilot. That's good. Have a relaxing evening. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you Brenda--=It turned out to be a lovely day here--cooler--Lynda

      Delete
  9. That was wonderful, that your grandson and his friends helped you so much, and fixed up those weed wackers for you, oh my! Terrific! Glad your son is almost home or back by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to hear from yu-- I just checked this morning looking here for yu--So--good day to yu-Lynda

      Delete
  10. Thankful the boys came out to help you.....

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!