Sunday, August 27, 2023

It is one crazy day here


 I feel like this is me--Good day to yu----It has been busy here --and I am later than late posting--

Son#3 has spent  most of the morning, moving the "I Mac"-across the room--  so I am now using my computer on Himself's desk--My desk--- where the "I Mac" used to sit, is going to leave this house , to places unknown--You see,   it was moved in here from the mines-their offices--when they were closed. My old desk is enormous--son#3 had to move a lot of stuff to fit the I Mac onto this much smaller desk--I'm still unsure he hooked everything up--Kids do it so quickly-- this cord into that place etc etc--I also donated my colour printer to his daughters, as I bought a "brother" black and white printer--


This is the new living room rug-- I love it! --No holes---and it feels so nice to walk on it--


'Scuse the  S-H-I-T word---  but , it does describe how much your heart can over ride the brain--I knew our  FOR SALE sign  out at the gate should come down--I had to convince the Real Estate people--and my heart was saying , "Just leave it--The house might sell"---and my brain was shouting in the back ground, get the sign down and just work at getting rid of stuff you don't need----and enjoy living in this house for now--

Well, it seems all the phones are not working-- so--I best get ahold of son #3-maybe kids aren't as smart as they seem--  Ill get back to yu --Lynda

Well,  whatta mixed up blog-- The kids all try  to help, but---they do not realize that we get our internet, AND PHONE from a tower at the end of our road--Poor Son#3, lives in town and receives his internet from a cable going into his house----  When I was blogging earlier, I could see the phone jack dangling on the floor-- I tried out home phone lines--=no phone was working--and then----I saw the phone jack lying on the floor--not connected to the Vianet box--It sounds complicated doesn't it?--(It is complicated!)--  Anyway, son#2 the Pilot called on the cell phone and told me where to plug the dangling phone jack in-into the Vianet tower box--The tower is at the end of our road--so--all is good now--I hope! --I hope I never have to move a computer ever--again----it seems easy  --"Just plug it on" I was told by Son#3, but---  when one lives outside of town and depends on a tower for internet--it is not easy--Lord love a Duck!--- 

To-morrow will be a better day--

You know--maybe leaving my glasses off IS a good idea--especially to-day---  LOL---  then everything would look just fine!

26 comments:

  1. A gorgeous rug! Oh yes, when computers are moved, need to check other things before the tech leaves. That happened to us, when we lived alone in the mountains. Sons lived hours away. Thank goodness that changed when we moved here. Take care, enjoy a nice dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one to get into the "moving the computer mess"--terrible day--LOLOL--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Your new rug is beautiful and looks so nice in the room. It always makes me feel good when I get something new even just pillows can really change the look of the room. I hope that you can get your phones working again soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The computer Lyundageek will be here Tuesday--I'll feel better once he appears--

      Delete
    2. I kinda messed up my comment there---but--Its me---Lynda

      Delete
  3. What a lovely rug. A fitting replacement for the "holy" one! Memories starting anew.

    Hope the phones get fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so when one moves a computer -I thought it would be easy--Its not--Lynda-

      Delete
  4. Sometimes we're smarter than the kids...sometimes it's the other way around.
    LOVE the new rug.
    Life can be crazy for sure: crazy busy, crazy with must be made decisions...my favorite is crazy fun!
    There was so much fun, frolic, and LOVE for each other last night at karaoke! Lynda, wish you could come join us!
    It's hard getting rid of stuff. In the long run, though, it will probably make your life easier. Maybe one more winter there and then a move...time will tell.
    And I believe that we should go with our heart (our intuition) first...sometimes our brains are crazy!
    Getting ready for the party.
    Still only 70F and a sun and cloud mix with a breeze here.
    Hope you can find some way to relax and take care of Lynda this afternoon.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew yu would enjoy your karaoke--wish I was there with yu-It was much cooler here today-I liked it-Lynda

      Delete
  5. New rug is very pretty and looks lovely in your room.
    You'll have to adjust to a smaller desk. I'm so proud of your purging efforts. Sometimes I think we get used to living with stuff we don't really like lol.
    Hope phones get fixed easily. Perhaps son forgot to plug something in...who knows?
    Try to relax a bit. Play your piano.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, Margene-It was an awful day--way too busy-To-morropw will be better Lynda

      Delete
  6. Great memes today. I laughed. Thank goodness for the pilot. Guess they have to know about those type of things for all the stuff in a plane. Glad all is working now. Nice rug. Hope Lopez doesn't get any ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. son#2 , the Pilot really does help me a lot--- Thank goodness Lynda

      Delete
  7. Glad you got the phones straightened out. Phew. Pilot son was a great help.
    Cute insert about glasses lol
    Hoping things have settled down and you can finally relax a bit.
    Hugd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I never have another day like this--LOL__I was making our bed with clean sheets at 7pm--Lynda

      Delete
  8. What an eventful Sunday you have had. I have done more today than I usually do on Sunday but it all feels nice. Your rug is lovely! It looks so beautiful and I know the new look and desk gone makes you feel good. Make sure you rest this evening. I am going for ice cream. lol In the 70's here in Ohio all week. I hope your weather is nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do love ice cream--- way too much--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  9. Love the rug - it fits in so nicely! You are doing a great job at getting rid of extra stuff a little at a time. No need to try to clean it out in any big hurry - the difference will soon show! Good luck. Relax and enjoy your "new room". D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do love the rug-no holes--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  10. Yes, you had a very busy day. I just hate when things don't work right. I'm lucky to have a husband who understands technology and can help me. But sometimes he can't help either. A few days ago my wireless mouse stopped working - he tried everything he could and then we plugged in my attached mouse. But he tried! Today he fixed something else on my computer - said he'd check it every week or so. I'm so amazed at you because you can fix a whole lot of things on your own! But I'm glad your sons could help you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he got the computer moved--just across the room--but it still doesn't seem right-- My computer geek comes on Tuesday- He will help me out-- Lynda

      Delete
  11. Yep! I hate it when I can't figure out something technical - on my email, computer, or phone...and have to ask one of my kids for help! It all seems so easy for them! I am scared that I am forgetting things I used to know how to do! My mom had Alzheimers and she even forgot how to turn on the faucet in order to brush her teeth! Makes me shudder every time I can't immediately remember how to do something as I am afraid that I will be following the same path that my mom did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand completely how yu feel-- In live in terror that I will forget all the connections to make this computer work--and yu know, sometimes I do forget---but --when yu think of it, we do lead a very complicated life-Lynda

      Delete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful rug. And I'm so glad you found the right plug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! Well glad that son #2 was able to hep you! Sheesh!

    And yes, seems like some days, leaving the glasses off makes things seem much better!

    hugs
    barb
    1crzydog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynda the rug is beautiful. I love it. Glad #2 called just in the nick of time to help you out.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!