Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Rock on today!


 Well, it certainly has been busy, these past few weeks--Now if someone could guarantee that there will be "rest" on the horizon, my attitude will  change--I wanna be like the Lady below---just for to-day--

I must tell you however , that Son#2, the Pilot , is back home--flew all night, from  Las Vegas--  He texted,  saying, "just landed"--Flying at Christmas is  different--so busy--with delays - so many people needing to go here and there--

We were at Son#3's for a Turkey dinner last evening-- The meal was fantastic--and they  all were so good---helped Himself in--We enjoyed their company ---and then, we drove home (well, I drove home) in dense fog-- I could only see the yellow line down the middle of the road--Good thing there were no wild life on the road--AND--no ice--- as it was way too mild--But---We made it home---

--so---- another crazy rhyme--or joke--We all need to smile--  take time to relax--

Did you all have a good Christmas?--Did you gain weight?---Maybe you had your socks on--Try taking them off and step on those scales again--I gained .5 of a pound-- It must be the socks!

We have 4 degrees here above zero-- quite mild for  us this time of year--no snow-- misty outside-- foggy at night--  Poor Santa was probably way too warm in that suit he wears!--

To-day I shall try to not do too much-- It's hard to do you know--to not do too much---I have a good book-- It's on that list of 140 books one should read in  a lifetime--I  found that Kindle could send it to me FREE---"The secret Garden"--an old book--well written--but interesting---

I  shall take extra time to hug big Beau and Lopez --They kinda took 2nd place to all the "hallabaloo" over these holidays--

 If your energy level is low, from all the Xmas chaos, perhaps the list below might help you out--

It is a new day--ENJOY IT!   ------          This day only comes once!







14 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, a day late! We have snow today. Thought about taking the trees down, but will not until after New Year’s Eve.
    We had 9 of us yesterday. Quiet but fun. Today will be a book here as well.
    Glad that we don’t have to go anywhere today. Enjoy your day
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO nice to be home isn't it?-- I'm going to hit the couch with my book--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Happy Boxing Day! May you be able to spend at least a part of it resting up and restoring from the holiday hullaballoo! I'm trying to do that today, even though Christmas Day was kind of cooped up inside deciding to NOT do things!

    I waved off the trainer this morning, thinking I would be shoveling the rest of the driveway and north part of the sidewalk. But then I got out there and found that some kind neighbor had cleared it, even though more snow had fallen since.

    Christmas brings out the "nice" in so many of us!

    (( hugs ))
    - Barb
    OKM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb--You must have our snow! We have NO SNOW-- It does mean--NO SHOVELLING---raining outside right now--green grass also--Nice yer neighbour helped clear your snow--I am going for a nap-- RIGHT NOW-Lynda

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. I had a very quiet day yesterday. My family Christmas celebration was on Christmas Eve. I think everyone was just at home resting from the chaos. Daisy's sister Annie is staying with us for a few days. The 2 girls like to lay near one another. Annie loves having time outside - Daisy says "no way, it's raining". We are getting colder weather now too - but still too warm to snow. I'm okay with no snow. I understand the states west of us are under blizzard warnings! I think it will miss us! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that blizzard on CNN-- That looks like we used to look-- Ths green Xmas is wonderful--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Wonderful that you had a great meal with family @ son #3’s place. And glad son #2 made it home.

    We are warmer than usual, too, no snow – just rain.

    HUGS and hope you do get to relax a little today!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -- So good there is no snow to shovel--yet--How was yer Xmas?-Lynda

      Delete
    2. We had a wonderful Xmas-- How about yu?-Lynda

      Delete
    3. Warmer than usual also here-but--isn't it nice?--Lynda

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a good Xmas day and dinner. And the pilot got back. And it's not snowing! Now if the fog would go away all would be good! Sounds like time to relax with a good book and recharge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Brenda--Lovely of yu to think of us--Hope your Xmas was special-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Lynda, I checked too late...again. You may not even see this.
    You know how my Christmas was, so I won't go into that again except to say I am able to take bigger steps today.
    All in all, it's been a good day. I am finding more and more parts of my body that are bruised from the fall, though.
    Your dinner sounds wonderful. Of course, the kids help Himself. Must be nice to leave it them sometimes.
    You are happy your son is home. Hope he gets a few days off after the holiday.
    I am going to do a grocery order online in the morning and see if a friend can pick it up. I don't want to drive until it's absolutely necessary.
    Love the mems as always.
    I wished for having to do very little...and I got it. Didn't want it this way, however.
    Gosh, I hope you get notices of late posts after you read them.
    Took my Tylenol, putting on my pain patch, and going to bed now.
    Love you all. Did you hug Sushi, too? Much as she'll let you...{{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!