Saturday, October 8, 2022

A good book helps us hide from reality-

It is Thanksgiving this weekend----We will be celebrating Thanksgiving at Son#1's place. --I am in charge of the Pumpkin pies----  which I will do this afternoon--  so they can set ---- 

I walked Lopez early this morning-- almost in the dark--  and had to wear a parka--It seemed very cold! Beau was out just before---He and I venture out , in the dark, watching for wildlife---both of us!

I am reading a very interesting book-- I saw the author on "The View"---  the Lady who worked with Hilary Clinton in her election--I was so impressed with the what she had to say, talking about the reasons she wrote this book--  and her life-- how she overcame obstacles- ---just to write this book, which I believe she said , is now a best seller.

The book is written by Huma Abedin, and the title is "BOTH/AND"----what a intelligent Lady!---She speaks of her childhood---living in different countries, and her failed marriage , and how she came to be in the White House. She had never written a book before, and found it a challenge to do that, but, told the Ladies on the View , that taking on this enormous challenge of writing this book, made her stronger-

The book is well written and so interesting! -- 

Years ago, my daughter bought me a Kindle-- I figured out how to use it--  filled it to the brim with such great books--which I could order online, and they would just drop onto my kindle--instantly--  This was so great, living where we do, in the middle of nowhere--instant reading material!--- From there, I bought another Kindle-_(the old one was full)_again online, which Amazon named "Kindle #2"-The books I order come onto Kindle#2 within seconds---I do read a lot-- afternoons while Himself has a wee nap, and as soon as I get into bed at night--

So, ever onward here!--I hope where ever you are-- how ever your life is going, that your day is the best day ever--and if it doesn't seem that way, I hope that you can make it that way--

_"A smile "---- telling someone that you care  ---hug a friend--or/and, your cat, or dog, -- call a person , to say hello--because I truly believe that we are all struggling in our own way--tell a police person how much you appreciate their work-- hug your Mom if you are so fortunate to have one-- and  respect a Chihuahua owner--They need  to hear that--They are trying so hard to keep their pet-- (I do not know why tho)_

 

 

14 comments:


  1. Saying "Hello" and sending you a smile and lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra--Hugs to yu too=== AND--a smile!--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your pie baking! At least you will not be rushed. Glad that you enjoy reading, it’s like taking a little trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you…hope that your family celebration creates even more warm memories for all involved! Gosh, it seems like it got cold soooo quickly….a parka?? Love your Dr. Seuss poster…so true! Enjoy your book! ❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hug to you and lots of smiles. Your chiwauwa comment made me smile....that dog has been a LOT to deal with.
    Happy pie making and have a wonderful gathering with your sons and grands. I'm sure it will be wonderful.
    Had to turn on the furnace this morning as its 30s in St.Louis. It will warm back up but house was 64 and felt chilly.enjoy your book. So nice that you can find time to indulge in an activity you enjoy.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your Kindle. I got mine a year or more before I retired and it made walking while reading work a lot better on breaks. I don't think I'd try it these days, though.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I'm sure the pies will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving gathering!

    Glad you dressed warmly. It was cold here, too w/the early morning walk for Miss Lilly.

    Books are a fantastic way to escape into other worlds and learn so many fascinating things!

    And you are doing a good job w/Lopez! I know he loves you because you never give up on him!

    hugs
    barb

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! No matter what we are dealing with, we do have so much for which to be thankful! Everything has a positive associated with it. Sometimes is difficult to find it. Like loving a little dog.
    Your pies will turn out great. Which kind are you making? We always had pumpkin, apple and mince. I just had a piece of Walmart's pumpkin pie! Wonderful.
    I have tons of books on my Kindle, too. You can also read them on your computer if you do the your library on the Amazon website. After you read them, you can remove them from your Kindle. Unless you want to save them to read again, of course.
    Somehow I find myself playing games on mine. Different forms of Solitaire and Spell Tower. I love searching the 150 letters to see how many words I can make.
    I plan to have a great weekend. Karaoke tonight with my friends. One will bring her new little pekechon (? Pekinese and bichon). Another resident friend of mine here just got a new kitten...a male orange marmalade.
    What would we do without our furbies?
    On Thanksgiving I say eat lots, make up for it the following week or two with more exercise and eating a bit less. Good luck with it.
    Hello to Himself and your kids! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good idea! I get my e books free from the library and download somehow through Amazon!! Donna_cps2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to get the Ebooks from the Library---Lynda

      Delete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I know your piyes will be delicious 🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading books, all kinds of books. Right now I'm reading about the brain and how it can remember signals from long ago and think that it's happening right now. It's helping me with my recovery from back surgery - understanding that if I Catastrophize my pain (thinking that it will NEVER go away) I will be creating that very thing. So I have been practicing positive thinking!!! But books also take me away into a new and wonderful place where I forget about the pain! I'm glad you found a book you like so much! I've seen her talk about writing it - maybe I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Positivity -- it does work--Yu are brave--recovering from back surgery must not be easy--I wish yu well-Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!