Monday, October 24, 2022

Sometimes I wish could go back in time, and meet myself as a kid.

What would yu say to yourself if yu could go back in time?-- I'd probably tell myself to  keep going--that I am a good kid--awesome- in fact!-LOLOL--  Did anyone in your life say that to you?-- I cannot remember it ever happening-I knew however that  my Mom and Dad loved me--I guess--especially my Dad as I think I kinda drove my Mom crazy--

"I Wish You in Halifax"---I remember her telling me that when I cut up her knitting books to make paper cutouts-- (Ive told yu that before--probably because I never ever forgot her saying that--I felt SO bad!)---I was about 7 yrs old--should have known better---- too, I remember dancing to some music on the beach in Port Stanley, ON., and I remember my Mom laughing at me--told me I was fat-- (I was probably a tad pudgy and remained that way till recently)

I am the one in the back in the middle--( It was about at the time this picture was taken) --I wasn't particularly  a pretty child as I never knew what to do with my hair-- probably because Mom always gave myself and my sister these awful curly "Toni" perms--LOL--  Remember them????---- --I remember too, in Public School, being put in classes according to our abilities--like Grade 7A or B-- or grade 8 whatever-- and the teacher saying that some people in that class didn't deserve to be in that class as they could not handle the work--I felt I was the one he was speaking to--- that  my brain was not the smartest-- In fact I thought that way right thru public and high school--  When I went into Nursing and wrote my exams to be an R.N., and my marks came back , right at the top--I was shocked--I WAS SMART-- smarter than I ever believed!----

How I ever got into all this, I'll never know---  I do know however, that when Mom and Dad were living in Florida and decided in their older ages that they needed to be near all of us 5 grown kids, they decided to move here to our tiny city in the North-- and it was me who flew down to fly back with Mom, and I drove them here----I never really got to to speak to my Mom very well as she passed after 5 mos. of living here  in our town---  but-- Dad and I developed quite an amazing relationship--and thru him, I learned a lot about their lives and marriage--He was totally devoted to Mom!

. --Funny how you believe things , as a kid-- ---I don't believe parents ever  think of what is going thru their child's head--- They are so busy  with their lives--  It takes time  to have meaningful deep chats--


Now isn't that so true too?--  We try our best---That is the best we can do!---Do you tell your grown children , everyday that they are special?----that you love them?-- I don't -because I am so busy  trying to get thru all the daly chores!-----but----I think I will try harder to say those 3 words-"I LOVE YOU!--at least for to-day--Lord love a Duck eh?--  Heavy thoughts--

Son #2, the Air Canada Pilot begins his journey back to Toronto to-night--He sent a few more pictures of food--  This guy really appreciates good food--LOL--Here is Coconut shrimp-----Looks so good!--- Remember-if you are flying anywhere-- maybe present the Pilot with a coffee!--*S*


I am off of here---Dogs to get out---leaves to rake--- kids to talk to about the "loving you" thing---and poor Sushi the cat to  pat-




 

16 comments:

  1. Just got home from our vacation to PA and Kentucky. Haven't read through all the blogs I missed but I wanted to stop by and say Hi . . . I missed reading your blog everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! --Well, welcome home--and I am so happy that you are reading "The Daily Blog"--LOLOL-- Love yu-Lynda

      Delete
  2. I think there's not enough time to maturely sit down to speak to all the people we care about. When we are ready to do so due to a series of circumstances we had to overcome, they usually are already gone. A pity. I wish I could go back and have a long serious talk with my grandparents from both sides I didn't really knew. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I really knew my Grandparents also-- I remember them-- but I'd love now got ask them so many questions--and it's too late-- Now if you were to blog, you Grandkids would learn about you-- Did you ever think of that?--Lynda

      Delete
  3. It's funny about weight, Lynda. I was thin until I hit my 50's and then seemed to gain yearly!

    I love shrimp but have never had coconut shrimp - can't seem to wrap my mind around the combo of shrimp/coconut. Does the coconut taste come through strong?

    As for parents, I don't believe they have any idea of how their words can impact their children and last throughout their lives. My mom only had negative things to say to me and those words still are remembered!

    Love & Hugs coming to you, Fred and your furry companions xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut shrimp is so good Gloria! --- yea, the coconut adds to the shrimp-- takes away the "fishy " taste-
      Your Mom sounds like my Mom-- Mom had 5 children--I believe she was just too busy--She taught school too-but I sorta always thought she didn't really like me--and Dad made up for it (which she didn't like either)_Yo know--I never remember talking to Mom until she was on her death bed-- then I was the one who was with her--Life is weird eh? Lynda

      Delete
  4. I wish that I could go back and have some extra time with my brother who passed at 36 my dad at 66 and my mom at 92. As you go through life you think of your family always being there and that you will have lots of time to talk. Thank goodness for the time and talks we did have. It is a great day to tell family that you love them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very hard to lose your brothers and sisters--WE never imagine that when we are young-- -Yes, "LOVE" is very important-Thanks for sharing-Lynda

      Delete
  5. That is an awful teacher story, Lynda ! Wow, and I remember teachers saying that, especially girls to be failing. The boys were constantly regaled to sit down, sit down, when still very young. Gals had to act like young ladies, always, don’t make waves! The fat statements are cruel, no matter who says them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess life was different then--- Good to hear from yu all that my life was not too different from all of you Lynda

      Delete
  6. Oh Barb--Yourl life was so much like mine--even down to the Perms-- terrible teachers to all yu AND your children all that--AND YOU BECAME A NURSE --I enjoyed reading your comments so much--Thank yu for sharing!-Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was 6 or 7, my mom cut my hair. Looking in the mirror, I cried, "I look just like a shaggy little boy!" Then she gave me a Toni (or was it Tonnette?) perm. When I went to school the next day, my 1st grade teacher told me how beautiful I looked! Made me feel ok with it.
    Great photos once again: You with sibs as a child and coconut shrimp! I used to get a brand of them (Margaritaville) and make them while I was still in Chicago.]\
    Always told my kids I loved them when they were younger. Tried to make them feel worthwhile, etc. If they got a poor grade on an exam, I asked if they did their best. If they said they did, then I would say you'll do better the next time.
    Nowadays, my daughter is near by and hears it more. My sons are scattered. It's harder to contact them. I always send mushy birthday cards, though.
    Rainy here today. Not too cold, though.
    You pat Sushi and I will pet my Lucky. Will be meditating soon. When I do that, he curls up on my lap and purrs. So sweet. Purring cats have been proven to lower a person's blood pressure! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such interesting tales yu tell!-- Funny how we all got the same perms!-Lucky sounds like a wonderful "soul"--- and good info how a cat's purring soothes the soul! --- --Hugs to yu--- Lynda

      Delete
  8. Shrimp looks really good. Love shrimp but never had with coconut. I remember those Toni perms too. Hated them. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am behind posting LYNDA, hubs has been in hospital 4 days and then in rehab for 12 more days, so I have not been home to read or post. Love the food pics tho, #2 has quite the varied menu....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those Afful perms. I also remember mom thought I was overweight so I grew up to be an overweight woman. Thanks to spark I learned how to eat and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!