Friday, October 14, 2022

I want to eat without getting fat!

Good thoughts eh?--Now if I can only remember the above! --I do like "Everything happens for a reason"-
I have a map, showing this area--where I live--  You can see all the lakes-- and up near the top is Dunlop Lake--the lake we live on--and if you look closely yu will see me typing here!

Dunlop lake is right at the top----the long lake--with Elliot Lake-- down below--  and you can see a highway connecting the 2 areas--That's what I drive on to town--I'm sending y'all this, in case you visit this area and look us up--way up north, in da bush!--Well, you never know!

We have another rainy day--with leaves everywhere. -I hear that snow showers are predicted for the end of the week--Yikes eh?---Yesterday I did get out to get the hair done--It is just amazing how good one feels just to get away from this house!--I felt like a new person when I returned home with new hair too!


Son #2 the air Canada Pilot is in London, England-- a full flight he said--  Probably "food pictures" will be sent later on-- He said he was just going to bed! --said it was a smooth good flight-but he always tells me that.
I was pouring over the books here--trying to make the dollars stretch --One must be a magician these days!-- Poor Hydro Bill (or a people in the US say--the electric bill)- has gone from $260 something, to well over $300  to-day--just by living with the furnace on now I guess-What can one do eh?--
I try to keep the house around 70 degrees--lower at night if I can, but then Himself complains-- Some people I know, close off rooms-- and we have one neighbour who lowers their heat to 55 --- Lord love a Duck!-- 

Lopez has been out--walked--and Beau  needs to go out again--and Sadie (who is really me!)_will be  banging at the door shortly-one more room to clean--The weekend is around the corner-- Sadie takes it off--thank goodness! 

---pretty good wishes eh??----all of our dreams! ----Enjoy to-day---It only comes once-- Try not to worry-----and---




 

11 comments:

  1. I like the wish list and at this time in my life the last one is the hardest. Your hair looks really pretty and I can imagine how you enjoy getting out and having it done. The leaves have been beautiful colors this year but they are all starting to fall now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning to you! --The leaves here are a huge mess!--They look pretty tho-Lynda

      Delete
  2. I just love your blogs! Especially the last one about the hearing aids! Smart lady to tell your husband what she did! Love your hair -do! Looks great! Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy--- Thank yu for writing! Himself is wearing the Hearing Aids right now-Lynda

      Delete
  3. Yes, I like to keep the house cooler (70 max) and just wear a sweater or whatever to keep warm, besides moving around! 55 would be a little low for me! Generally between 65- 67 and can hear the dollars buzzing out the doors and windows and chimney when the furnace is chugging away.

    Good luck to Sadie! She’s a busy lady.

    Yes, agree w/the wishes!

    Have to get out and rake as the storm Wednesday dislodged a TON of leaves. Still some left, though.

    Hope DS #2 sends food pictures. Always looks so good.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell son#2 you are waiting for "food pictures"-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks great. Glad you could get out and enjoy.
    Love your inserts. So enjoy your daily updates.
    55 is way too cool inside for me Not much we can do about the cost of items we have no control over. Its tough,especially for us older citizens.
    Have a great day. Play your piano.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I got up this morning and looked out the window...SNOW! Pretty hard, too. 'Course the ground is warmer so it didn't stick on the ground, trees or cars. The cars just looked like it had rained on them.
    Great you have that hair appointment. I will get one soon...meantime doing my own. Must trim my bangs again. They start with little hairs tickling my eyelids ;-)
    I am luck...I can eat what I like and not gain weight. You wouldn't believe what I put down in a day! Just have to keep taking my drugs for pancreatitis and Crohn's disease. I do try for lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains, legumes several times a week, almost no red meat...I do have sweets, too. All the Halloween candy is out now. I have a bag of Almond Joy (dark chocolate and coconut...a fruit), and one of Snickers. These are just fun sized bars. At my local gas station store I get frozen lemon ice. Yum! It is non-dairy and delicious.
    No word on Himself or the pets today so I guess all is well there.
    Looking forward to seeing what English food looks like.
    Have a great day remembering we can do anything we put our minds to! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda, your hair looks pretty, looking good!! Danged cold weather pushing it’s way in! Still need AC here in TX, comes on in the afternoon, I set it at 80. Have ceiling fans that help a lot. Supposed to cool off next week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's pretty scary how expensive things are. I just bought a jar of Miracle Whip for $5.49 - before the pandemic I thought it was expensive if it was over $3. I feel like we can't eat anymore - or stay warm - or run the water - or turn on the lights! I sure hope things improve next year like they are suggesting they might! Your hair looks really good and I know how nice it is to get out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wishes and you hair looks really great. I keep the temp at 72 - 70 is too low for me. Glad himself is still wearing his hearing aides. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!