Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Whatever happens--Don't stress!


 This is Tuesday, October 11th--It is the 284th day of the year. There are only 81 days remaining until the end of this year.  Yikes! ----  That means Christmas is coming--

To-day is the International Day of the Girl Child---To-day promotes girl's rights , and gender inequalities. Until now, I never knew that we had a day put aside to celebrate the girl child.-- I have 2 sisters---  2 brothers also. My Mom and Dad , I believe, treated all of us with respect-- Dad  absolutely worshipped my Mom, who really was a "go getter"--a teacher-- also organized a "Parent's committee" in the school where we lived close by--She kinda was a woman ahead of her time. Dad was proud of her achievements--  I always felt that!-----  So, I grew up, feeling that "Girls" could achieve anything - I know that is not the same every where.

To-day we have a cool overcast day--leaves falling ---I figured,  when out for Thanksgiving Dinner, I probably ate something that did not agree with me--thus was pretty violently ill most of yesterday --Thank goodness that is gone!--I do not have a gall bladder and I keep forgetting that! ---

You see, my grown children   try very hard to second guess  both Himself and I-- always think if they do whatever we need to have done, it will save us time and worry-- And both Himself and I do appreciate all they do----but, we never foresee the end result----I'm telling you this because, --crazy stuff happens-like--yesterday---  I went to go into town, with Himself and Lopez, opened the door to our vehicle, and inside were 4 enormous snow tires--on rims, which weight at least 10.000 tons (I think!)-

Of course, Himself had to stay home--Lopez also, and I proceeded to drive to take a birthday card into our daughter in law--(No way could I lift the tires out!)_ plus---  I remembered asking Son#3 to please lift those tires (which look like they weigh way too much)--to lift them down off the rack in the garage--  Well, not only did he lift them down, but--he put them in the car!----trying to help me of course!

I drove to town--tires and all-- First , the hatch wouldn't close tight--there was a whistle-- then the weight of all the tires seemed to pull the car from one side of the road to the other-- It scared me--I drove to his house--in town-- He was out hunting I was told, and his teenage daughter   looked at me funny--like--"Why would I ask her to help me lift these tires out?"--- over to Son #4 I drove--at this point , I had no appointment to have the tires changed and this time of year, everyone  is doing what I need to do-- winter tires needing to get on before the snow!---Son#4 did not seem overjoyed  to see me-- I was hoping I could leave them at his house, until I had the appointment ---  He did lift them out for me but insisted they be left beside his garage. Lord love a Duck! ----That was OK! 

Life is complicated when one is old  isn't it?--My daughter told me, she gets a huge piece of ply wood and rolls the heavy snow tires into her van-- Well, gee, I can do that---The tires are now in town--at least- --I do have an appointment at the dealership , in 2 weeks-- and all is well-----There are confusing times, being an "older Mom"-Do any of you experience this?--

Sadie is chomping at he bit here to get inside- to vacuum-(You know that is really me!)-

I like the above--When one does not feel well, one's worries and concerns seem impossible--Hearing that you all can relate-- gives me strength -

There are days it doesn't matter at all, which road, isn't there?--just getting there is more important!


22 comments:

  1. I think life is always complicated. Seems like it never gets easier but it has so many treasurable moments. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is busy--everyday--worse it seems as I age-- I used to think it would be the other way around- LOL-Lynda

      Delete
    2. How wonderful that you grew up in an environment where you felt you could accomplish anything, and your parents believed in you (and your siblings). That is so important! I had that too, and am eternally grateful!

      OH NO. So sorry you were so ill after Thanksgiving supper! UH oh, yes, the missing gall bladder can, for sure, be that missing link. **SIGH** Hope you’re over it today.

      Well, glad you at least have the tire situation sorted out. PHEW.

      Love the Cheshire Cat’s response to Alice! Absolutely true!

      Hope today is a good day for you, Himself, Lopez and Beau!

      Hugs
      Barb
      1crazydog

      Delete
  2. Yes,I sure can relate to that. I am in the old”er” category too! Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from yu Dorothy-Lynda

      Delete
  3. There is always something going on at your house. Don't you just yearn for a quiet and peaceful day with no stress or worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Every day I do yearn--LOL Lynda

      Delete
  4. So glad you are feeling better.
    I was wondering how you'd get pies and himself to sons for dinner but apparently you did it. Well, tires are outside so maybe thats better. Hopefully, son is available when they need to go in car for your appointment.
    Yes, everything is difficult. I am glad sons help you and live close. Thats a blessing.
    Don't work too hard. I am glad your feeling better.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a great deal of _" Do you think?"-== before the sons appear --LOL-- Lynda-

      Delete
  5. It’s always something! I guess someone doesn’t want us older folk to become complacent! Back when we lived in the mountains in California, the tire place in the little mountain town, stored your snow tires there, so you just went there, and they put the snow tires on, and stored your regular tires. Made it easier. That town was small, population 5,667.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I feel life is going right - and then there are those days when I dread doing things - or feel apprehensive about what I have done or need to do.....Guess I'm trying to say that my life isn't on an "even keel". But I am thankful for each day! Even the "off" days. Glad that you area feeling better and the snow tires are out of your car!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I understand-- Some days I worry a lot BEFORE I even get out of bed--Can I do it all?-- What if I cannot?--Crazy-- because it all gets done-- It must come with "AGE":--Lynda

      Delete
    3. yes, some dealerships do the here too--but-- I found thy didn't rinse the tires from the previous season and one time my whole car shook because of stones etc ion the wheel--so--I bring them home-- (hate the too!)_Lynda

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you're feeling better! And that you got those heavy tires unloaded. I surely can relate to trying to get help with the heavier things lately. We just flipped our king-size mattress over by ourselves. Not easy these days. I told my husband "we are going to eventually have to get some help around here"! Never know what the day will bring, right? We have to stay strong ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE MUST STAY STRONG --for sure- We have to flip our mattress one day also--and Im not sure if we can-Lynda

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad we don't have to deal with snow tires any more, I remember what a hassle that was every fall and every spring. Now days we really just don't go anywhere when it snows unless it's absolutely necessary! Yes, life gets complicated as we get older!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YU are so fortunate NOT dealing with "snow tires"-- for sure--Lynda

      Delete
  8. When I was young, my mom told me girls weren't supposed to be good at math and science...it was a belief for years. Then I learned that one can change their beliefs! I believe now I could pass algebra! ;-)
    Good luck with those tires. Hope your snow holds off for a couple more weeks.
    It's going to be in the 40sF here later this week, but today it was 72F! A gorgeous day.
    I shopped for a warmer outfit for a wedding. Two friends from karaoke are getting marries in 11 days. Verna is the bride. She is 91 years old!
    We can do anything at our age...if we believe we can! {{{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for Verna eh??---AND---- Girls CAN do everything-Lynda

      Delete
  9. Your kids are still at the in-between stage of thinking that mom can do it and mom needs some help. Just like they are with their dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids dot see that Mom is getting old--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  10. Life is hard somedays when you have to do the heavy stuff yourself.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!