Tuesday, October 18, 2022

My Favourite Day--to-day--

Holy cow! You are up and at-er--same as me!--We had snow mixed with rain this morning--  The snow has stopped but it is cold and wet out there. Lopez and I walked--but--Lopez did NOT do his business-which means another walk in about an hour--maybe with Beau , around the yard.
 
It is a good day to have a good day---  doncha think?-- To-day is October 18th-- which is the 291st  day of the year--74 days left in 2022. --AND----  We are  alive!---  There is always something to be thankful for! 

To-day is National cupcake day---  National Exascale day too, which celebrates scientists and researchers who made breakthroughs  and discoveries in medicine, and sciences--and ---it is International Legging Day-- and International No Beard Day--Lord love a Duck!--It seems there are so many special days----I wonder if there is a special day for "older women"-?---There must be!---

Hopefully I do not have to go to town to-day-I did hear  that our NO FRILLS grocery store is freezing  the price of groceries until after  Christmas---  The only problem is however, that the prices right now are sky high--It might help -somewhat.---I do know that I seem to throw away a lot of foods--either I forget the "Best Before Date"-or we just don't care for some things---plus--I do buy more prepared foods- in my "older" age----("Time is of the essence" as Mom used to say-)- -  The  prepared foods--like cabbage rolls---  or Lasagna-- do help  to save time, but-cost more--and sometimes are not as tasty-- When the children were small and at home, I would make all that from scratch-

--so true eh??----  if you had a Billion Dollars, what would you do?---  Would your life change?-would it make you happier?------  I think I would hire a  "Sadie"----I would also renovate this house-- take out the dining room--make the one level an open room , with an island, get rid of the carpets--put in easy care flooring--change the windows--get rid of the fireplace, which blocks the view of the lake--turn the bottom 2 levels into a house, and bring over a Ukrainian family with children----(Himself would freak out for sure!)_-  OR-----  sell this whole place , as is, and build a one level modern place in town--and invest the rest of the $$$----- What would you do with a Billion Dollars?

 Hmmmm- -Time to stop  dreaming-and get on with the day---Reality-------  and you know, maybe it's good to cope with what we have--  things could always be worse---We are fortunate to live where we do--






-



17 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness... I think I'm with you... if I had a billion dollars, hire a Sadie! Re-do my house? But the funny thing is, when you've got a billion dollars, people do seem to find out and then they want to influence what you do with it? I decided years ago that I was better off not playing the lottery because I'd be in serious trouble if I won! LOL!

    Hope you have a great day, and may both our budgets stretch to meet the immediate needs, one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it would be fun Barb--I think-Lynda

      Delete
  2. A billion dollars?? Hmm, I know for sure I'd have a 4 bedroom, one level home built, with 2 or 3 bathrooms of course! :) I'd also help my children and many of my friends, financially. Would money make me happy? Nah, it would just make my life easier.

    Love and many, many hugs coming to you, Fred and all your fur babies xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice got read yer comments Gloria--Thank yu-Lynda

      Delete
  3. I’d love to have someone to do all the grocery shopping and cooking!! Just saying whatever you feel like having for dinner AND it magically appears…..Wouldn’t that be awesome?!
    Hope that you have a peaceful, uneventful day! ❤️Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great dream--a meal just magically appears--I love it-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Hope you are staying warm! But I know you are used to early cold weather. Cold here in the Northeast today and tomorrow then back to the 60’s and 70’s. I hear the prices will come down after the election. We can only hope! Take care!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! I hope the prices will come down--- after the election eh?--Lynda

      Delete
  5. Yup . . . every day on this side of the ‘sod’ is golden (my Dad said that).

    I have had to throw away some foods since the fridge/freezer died on Friday (but did get the new one yesterday). The lesson I learned is . . . those foods I threw away (and I feel very guilty wasting food!) were food that DH and I thought we’d enjoy . . . but didn’t. So no processed foods, but will just stick to the basics. Works out better that way.

    IF I had a billion dollars, not sure what I’d even do with it! I am comfortable just as we are and happy where we’re at, so, guess not much would really change. There are renovations I’d do to this house, too. But nothing that urgently NEEDS to be done right now. And even so, right now it is so hard to find anyone to do the work! I'd help the kids out. It's tough for them right now.

    Ah, it's fun to dream!

    Here's to a terrific Tuesday.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dream sounds like mine--nothing needs to be done here right now--but--its kinda fun to dream eh?-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Your store is freezing prices? Great...but how high will they go after Christmas?
    I'd have built a custom small house in Hawaii...two bedrooms, one and a half baths, drawer dishwasher, carport. The property would be fenced in...the front porch screened, a screened in patio/terrace area in the back overlooking a pool, kiddie pool and hot tub. There'd be climbing rocks on one side and a trampoline for when my grandkids visited. Oh, and a drop down spice rack. The inside fenced area would be lined with those beautiful pinkish/red flowers with the yellow centers that grow all over Hawaii. There would be palm trees in the back corners of the property. I could see the flowers and trees while floating in my pool. My kitty would be on his cat tree on the terrace watching me. From my property I would be able to see mountains and watch the sunset over the ocean.
    Sigh. I imagine it every day. I'd hire a Sadie, too...and pay her well. Maybe feed her if she needed it.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    Sigh. I imagine it every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful dreams-- and yu do have it all planned out--LOL--and min Hawaii-- Our daughter used to work as an RN at Trippler Hospital there --- we visited her several times-WE loved the people there--and the food-- and the ocean--and the Turtles--LOL-- -but--it was not home ------ I love your picture of your dream-- Lynda

      Delete
  7. It is fun to dream about having a lot of money. I'd definitely help my son and friends. But alas, it's a dream. I have what I need today.
    I'm with you...tired of cooking and over here its low salt and low fat...boring.
    Cold in St.Louis. sunny but only high 20s this morning. 80 by Sunday.
    Have a great day and keep Dreaming!
    Play your piano.
    Hugs ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear you---Yu are so right-- We already have what we really need--It was cold and wet snow fell all morning--melted now-- So good to hear from yu-Lynda

      Delete
  8. Nice to dream, isn’t it? Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all must dream some times--Lynda

      Delete
  9. Just got a say I wish I had the billion, I'd build a house somewhere warm all the time, then could take a trip to the snow if I wanted to, then give so much to people who have dreams and things they need...anonymously of course.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!