Saturday, October 29, 2022

Keeping me in your heart--and Humpty Dumpty


 Well, I did not sleep well last night- tossed and turned-- I bet you all are not surprised!--LOL--- I read all yer comments  before going to bed-- This morning too, the comments were the same--trust my intuition--

This morning, finally, I realized that , that house might have a new roof--new furnace---kitchen partially renovated---close to the lake in town---but----  WE DO NOT SWIM ANYMORE--- Why do I need to be near the lake?-- I am a fanatic about keeping the yard nice--I love grass that looks green-- I love flowers--I love keeping the yard in top notch condition--AND-THIS HOUSE'S YARD IS LIKE A HAY FIELD--I know that might seem insignificant to some people, but when yu are going on 80 years--It means a lot of "labour"!--Also,-the washer is in the basement -- and the stairs down is like a vertical ladder--so---It's a matter of time and it would be me who would topple down the stairs-like Humpty Dumpty--- and being sorta "old" now, could all the Kings Horses and all the Kings men, put me together again?--- Maybe not-! To take out the stairs in a very tiny house and make them safe would require great deal of construction and money--

  I was up at 5am-- waited till 7am --then called the real estate Lady who said she was waiting for my call since 5am---- *S*--- We both agreed to keep looking --Something will come up----sometime--  There is no hurry---  I'd like to be out of here  next Spring-- but--if it happens , it happens--

I thought yesterday I was really going to lose my mind-- Moving into a place which did not feel right , was driving me crazy--literally-- I turned on the computer after supper yesterday, and read all your comments--Not one of you said to go ahead--  Thank you for your honesty-If we did not have big Beau, the 7 yr old German Shepherd, we would consider a town house-- but--it is what it is--  
So now I must trust my intuition--Something will come up-- I HOPE! ---  I believe it will----if we have to pay for something more "move in ready"-then, so be it! -

Isn't it wonderful that one can "sleep on it"?---It certainly is good that I can discuss it with  all of you--And , when I look at how wide the stairs are in our present house--and how safe they are-- and  if Humpty Dumpty had've lived here, he would not have had that "great fall"-

Thank you for keeping me in your heart-- -- I do treasure your advice!  -Lord love a Duck!-You really are the best! 


16 comments:

  1. Safety is a priority! Good for you, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,
    Sorry you didn't sleep well, but I understand.
    Something better, house wise, will come along that is more suitable to your needs. House buying is VERY difficult. Hang in.
    You are in my Heart!
    Follow your intuition.
    Have a great day. Maybe a nap?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of "sleeping on it" but that doesn't do a lot of good if you're tossing and turning, does it? Somehow, after sleep, things do seem clearer! Good job making peace within yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You absolutely, positively did the right thing by passing on the house in town….always trust your intuition! A more suitable residence will come on the market…it may NOT be totally perfect but better matched to your needs! As we age, our needs and abilities change….what we want (sadly) must defer to what we can realistically handle. My DH and I are facing the facts now that it is a physical strain to keep up with our outdoor needs and maintenance of our current house. ❤️Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother used to say, "When in doubt...don't!" I've followed that advice for years and she was right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a little chuckle out of you statement " Isn't it wonderful that one can "sleep on it"? Because your blog began with this " Well, I did not sleep well last night- tossed and turned-- " so you didn't get much sleep on it! But the bottom line is that you did make your decision and I truly believe it was the right one! Fingers crossed that in the very near future your realtor will find the right house for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynda, when looking at houses, never buy one that doesn't 'sit right' with you. It should be love at first sight! One that does not need work done to it and is one floor only, some even have laundry rooms on the main floor. Don't rush, don't just grab one because you're anxious to get out of your big place. One that's just for you will show up!!

    Thinking of you and Fred with lots of hugs and love to each of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you talked it over w/your realtor and yes, something will come along when it’s supposed to. Sounds so trite, but it’s true. (((HUGS)))

    Continue to trust your intuition. It is accurate!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh! The washing machine is down there? For sure NO! Carrying laundry up and down them stairs! Then, I am sure the stairs could only be modified so much! Also, Himself could wonder down there. You don’t need a big yard either. Good decision and now I bet you feel better that you finalized it with realtor to keep looking. Good for you!:) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy you called the realiter. Time to move into town where it is safer and help is available when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From those of us looking on, this was an easy decision. Unfortunately, the pressure from the family didn't help. Just remember, though, you don't have to waste emotional energy defending that decision to anybody. I find that using the phrase, "It's not a good fit for us" or something along those lines covers a lot of territory and shuts down the muttering in the peanut gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy you turned down that house with the dangerous stairs!
    Why can't you have Beau in a townhouse? One of those may be as large as a free standing regular house. A condo, not so much as it may be not on a first level.
    Maybe you can get a nap today to make up for a restless night's sleep. Hope so.
    The realtor is still looking for you, so let's keep our sanity.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank goodness you told the realtor NO! Shoot, we refused to buy a house with washer in the basement when I was in my 30’s! No way, Jose’. Bought one story, but one acre, needed a lawn tractor for husband to mow. But we were young then. Moved away in our 60’s to another one story, small yard, that I pay a service to mow, husband passed away 6 years ago. Now I’m stuck with sciatica, thank goodness son lives here. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am happy that you made the decision to pass on the house. I don't think that you would ever have been happy there. Take your time and be absolutely sure when you decide. Sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you passed on the house. Overall not the best fit. I would caution on a townhouse as there can be a lot of floors and a lot of stairs. A bungalow would be great (with a big yard of course). Just keep looking and something will come up in the next while. Have a good sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe, when the right house happens, you will know it.......in your knower............you will have no reservations at all....it is too dangerous with steps like that to the basement and , personally I believe it should all be on one floor...for safety sake.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!