Wednesday, October 5, 2022

It's never too late to be a rock star!

This is to-day--my favourite day-- I do love it!-The 2 boys have been out -and back in- as in dogs-It's looking like a good day-- not  too cold--and sun--I hear to-morrow night will be  much colder--

Well. last evening, when I had the meat loaf  up in the kitchen, squash, and potatoes , and Himself began to talk about putting the whole "kit and caboodle"  on the BBQ--immediately visions of burnt food drifted thru my brain--so, into the oven , in the kitchen, it all went , where "I" could watch over the meal---Well! ---himself's whole attitude changed--"Why can't I do the cooking?"---  I heard---and "Stop interfering  with my plans in the kitchen"----on and on--"Why do you always get in the way?"---

Hours and hours, Himself rattled on---I managed to continue preparing everything to go into the oven-- in spite of the ranting and raving, because, when yu put a Jamaican  cooking on a BBQ---and 'specially a Jamaican who is  almost 94---EVERYTHING gets way too hot and --all becomes black--BURNT! --

I must admit, the dinner was great-- cooked to perfection---and by the time we were ready to sit down and eat, himself had forgotten  all about the BBQ--Lord love A Duck! --I really am doing better managing this fellow ----It takes a lot of "tact"-- "courage"---and  "taping up my mouth"----to get thru most ordeals--BUT---  I DID IT!-

Thanksgiving weekend coming up ----and we will be heading to Son#1's with pies---AND --I WILL NOT BE COOKING--  and - nor will Himself--Praise the good Lord!

Last evening I really was "outstanding"--For whatever reason, this weekend, you have to be --"outstanding"--stay  strong---

 We  can really  be a ROCKSTAR! ------I think---------well, we can try----It's so worth it! 
 


9 comments:

  1. Good job, Lynda! You have learned to not stoke the fire and eventually…it will burn out. Outstanding!! ❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to deal with Fred in a positive way and not let his ranting and ideas get to you! My late husband, George always told me not to try and argue with my mom who had alzheimers - as it is futile. It was hard for me to do that as I always wanted to "correct her to help her and try to make her understand things" - well, he was right! When I just accepted her and didn't try to correct/change her, we did fine! They can't help it. Their minds get stuck on one thing and you did great by just ignoring and doing what you needed to do! By the way - Your dinner sounded delicious! Thinking I need to make a meatloaf some day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the nice meal and handling the rant. I guess he is used to cooking and thinks he still can. Maybe say something like, “You do enough, I don’t mind to help with the cooking.” You get the idea. Lol Have a wonderful Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for continuing your meal prep and getting it into the oven so it didn't end up like charcoal on the BBQ. You handled that very diplomatically! And it turned out, he forgot about the BBQ. That's a good thing.

    Glad the boys got out and it's a nice day. Same here. Tomorrow . . . much colder, but that's tomorrow. Shall enjoy today!

    hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WISH my husband wanted to cook, but I can see your point and you shouldn't have to listen to his frustration. I give you great credit for probably being the most patient person I've ever met! Take care of yourself while you are taking care of himself. I'm glad you do not have to do the cooking for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the patience of Job, dear Lynda! So glad you will not be roasting turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent job Lynda on handling dinner prep and ignoring the protests. Dinner sounded delicious. You are my idol....so patient. God bless you both.
    Good the boys got out.
    Not cooking Thanksgiving sounds MARVELOUS!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's never too late for anything we want! We just think it is.
    Glad your dinner turned out well despite the fear of Himeself's bbq!
    You are learning to deal with himself as things come up. That's great! Life lessons teach us to be patient...gosh, it's sometimes really difficult. You do well.
    It's chilly here. Temp says 70F, but with the breeze and rain overnight, it's a different feel than 70F was a few weeks ago. Strange.
    It's hump day so it WILL soon be the weekend! And right after the weekend is your Thanksgiving! I can taste the turkey and pies. Yum! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! And not overdone! I can't believe it's your Thanksgiving weekend already, but here it is. The furnace guy came to do my heating check this morning, and I'm glad to have that box ticked off, but this afternoon, the A/C was needed again. This is the transition time.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday... whoops... it's already nearly over!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!