Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Once Upon A Time-----is now!

Yesterday we were in town twice--- Himself's ears were examined and I can't remember what else---  I was going to renew my Driver's  Licence and Health Card this AM, but-----maybe to-morrow morning would be better---  I hear too that Gasoline is going to go up ten cents to-morrow also----  Why-Why Why???--As if we don't have enough to think about eh?--One must be a magician  to keep the bank books balanced -----Poor us!--

It is October 4th-- It is my Dad's Birthday---My Dad was the best guy!--- I never ever remember him getting angry at me--I do remember always wanting to go to the cottage in Port Stanley--Mom didn't always want to go---  but----  Dad would  give in , and away we all went-- We lived in London , Ontario--then Burlington, then Ottawa--so the drive became longer, the farther east we moved.- This picture  of Dad and I, was taken when he was living in a "Home" in town here--Mom had passed-- We were in a restaurant, and it looks like it was winter from the scene in the background-


This is Dad on the left--with his brother in the middle and Dad's Dad, on the right--my Grandfather.--- Dad went to U of T--became a Civil Engineer --his brother went to U of T and became a lawyer--  and Grandfather (Dad's Dad )-looks pretty spiffy with his hat and suit on----Old pictures are so precious! - 

How on earth did I ever get onto all this?----  Dad--then Grampa--?---  But. yu know, I sure loved Grampa --This is the Grandfather who used to hold my 2 hands when I was about 3yrs old, and say, "A heel and a toe and away we go'"----and we would twirl around his kitchen----He also would hide my doll sometimes and I remember crying --He would tell  my Mom, "There she gores again--crying"-

We do have a beautiful fall day starting ----Lopez and I walked and Beau and I played ball--I don't walk Beau on the back road as he chases vehicles and I cannot catch him--plus, he does have A Fib--which is somewhat of a worry-Beau is 7 yrs--used to be on heart meds, but was taken off them at 2 yrs--We don't allow him to exercise too hard--if we can help it!

I am rambling here-- Yu know, I could write book---I hope people are taking notes on these pandemic times--We sure have lived thru stressful times haven't we?----

Sadie is banging at the front door ready with her vacuum-- (She is really me, as yu know!)--Make your day happier than a bird with a french fry--  --well, like it says below-- I hope you get a nap in--Do any of you ever do that?





 

10 comments:

  1. That’s it . . . have to be a magician right now to make things balance, make ends meet. Sheesh.

    Happy birthday to your Dad! You certainly have his jaw! Lovely picture, lovely memories.

    Glad you got the boys walked. And that they’re both safe!

    HUGS and here’s to a good Tuesday!

    Hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. My money magician skills are certainly challenged. Is what it is.
    Lovely memories and pics.
    Glad you got Lopez walked and Beau is doing ok.
    Have a great day.
    Stay strong is my mantra.
    Hugs
    No, I seldom nap...always something to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to him! I know you wish he was here to celebrate. Yes, living through these pandemic times are hard. It seems like we will be doing it awhile longer. Not sure how people risk their health pretending it is over. I just can’t. I worry about others who do it. Stay strong. We have to!:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it all echoes, doesn't it? Hugs & have a fine Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have such fond memories of my Grandfather. He was a very large man and at 91 he still had all his hair. When I was little he would pay me a nickle for every 5 minutes I could keep quiet - not sure if I EVER earned that money because I loved to talk! Memories are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny--paying yu too stay quiet-- He sounds like he had a great sense of humour- Lynda

      Delete
  6. Nice to have good and sweet memories of our Grampa and Dad! Lucky, too, some folks did not have that type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your father, uncle and grandpa all look wonderful! I have few photos of the elders in my family. I do have mom, dad and my maternal grandma.
    My Sadie (me, of course) did laundry today. Now resting the rest of the day. No time for a nap, though. I do nap several times a week, however.
    Gas went up here $.11 yesterday. Hope it doesn't last long.
    No matter what magic tricks we need to do with our money, we seem to make it work. Some One above is helping.
    You said Himself's ears were look at, cleaned too, I suppose. Maybe you won't need to do that again for a few months.
    Tomorrow is hump day. We'll make it to another weekend! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful memories we keep from our beloved fathers. Beautiful pictures too. Happy Birthday to him in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to have those memories and pictures. Glad the boys are ok. I've never been able to nap in the daytime. It's nice today and supposed to be ok tomorrow and I think that's about it for now. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!