Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Always Smile---a reason for others got smile!


-This is Lopez' s Parka---  Poor fella eh?--  He looks all puffy with it on--  It must feel weird to him! --- It has a hood which is a good thing to-day, as mega snow is falling -and blowing----and look at the bottom of the outfit--They are wee little legs--- to cover his legs---with an opening for his bum--When I brought him back home, from his walk,  I hung it on the window thingy to get some heat in it to dry it--

Of course he did not like that Parka--refused to walk at first---There is snow and melted snow all over the back road, but he did finally waddle along, and--HE DID HIS BUSINESS--Whatta trouper! 

In spite of the messy weather outside, I WILL make to-day a good day--To-morrow I have to be at the car dealership by 8am--to get the snow tires on---Yesterday  I drove to Son#4's house, and he put the tires in our vehicle- He lives in town, so then I drove the tires to the dealership and they unloaded them , stored them in their Bay--ready to be put on to-morrow---That way, I did not have to drive to town with those heavy tires, on rims, in the car. Himself  was VERY upset--that I did not do all that tomorrow  morning----I "stuck to my guns" (Mom's expression)-   because it's not fun trying to get those heavy tires in and out of the car--by myself--  This way I had help.-Men don't understand all that!

This weekend it is supposed to go up to plus 16C--very balmy--  maybe I can get more of the leaves raked --We don't usually get snow that stays on the ground too much till well into November--The Lake doesn't freeze  until the end of December, and early January--

When I have so much to do--stuff that I never ever used to do--Himself always did it--I think of my Mom and Dad-- I wish I had helped them more--They never ever asked--They moved to  town, from Florida, and I wonder how Mom ever put things away  from the moving van--I was always busy and never helped her- I remember, they would  arrive to our house from town, at dinner time-- I never clued in---  I do now---  As one ages, meals become difficult to prepare ----  and I think now, there was "method in her madness" _(her expression!)---she probably was hoping for an invite to dinner--- and with 5 teenagers to cook for, I never pressed the issue with Mom to stay for a meal--I wish I had!---After she passed and Dad was alone in their house, every time it snowed, I would drive to town to shovel his driveway---What goes around-comes around doesn't it?

Himself is fine this morning--wearing one Hearing Aid--
and--Life goes on--- Again, this is Himself--of course MUCH younger ---  I believe he was living in Ohio when this picture was taken--going to University there for a degree in business-- I did not know him them-

Lord love a duck!---  a smile really does encourage  others to smile too! ---  I best get my housey stuff come-- so, until got-morrow---

14 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about my parents. As I get older and older I realize I should have helped my mother more, my father passed at the young age old 59 and she was alone at 50 for the rest of her life. Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That parka is too cute! I can just see Lopez not knowing what to think with it on. Lol Good boy doing his business. So happy you two are hanging in there. I know he wouldn’t want to be with anyone else but you! We got snow here in Ohio last night but gone this morning and just light rain. Glad you are getting your tires done. I know every year you have to deal with so much to get it done! You are amazing! Stay strong and stay warm!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have those pee pads for Lopez to go onto, also? So you can stay in? They need those pads, just think the time it saves you. And if you are not home, dogs can still go. Take care with those tires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogs! It makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blog....you are right, women are not weak, but picking up a snow tire with the rim would be like impossible..I can't even change the tires on my Tahoe now, they are simply too heavy...
    I have shared something on your page for you to use if you like..borrowed from a friend of mine..re: stress.
    Himself is probably feeling lost inside his own head...he was a handsome lad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A smile does make one feel better, whether smiling for others or getting a smile from others. Never a bad thing. Here's hoping the snow tire project ends harmoniously. We had a record low temperature yesterday, down here. All jumbled up, the weather these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That parka is so cute but I can imagine Lopez isn't crazy about wearing it.
    Good PLAN on your tires. You can't even begin to handle those tires alone. Glad you don't have to.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like he’ll be as snug as a bug in a rug in that parka! He’ll get used to it. Glad he did his biz!

    You handled the tire change the way that YOU can handle it. Never mind ‘outside opinions! Glad at least that Himself is wearing one of his hearing aides. It’s a help.

    Himself was a handsome lad back then!

    And yes, for sure, smiles are contagious. . . and that’s a good thing.

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love a picture of the wee doggie in his parka, what a hoot! I put a raincoat on Jake when it's raining, and have a dog sweater when it's super cold, but it's not that cold that often, and he has quite a coat in the winter (Cavapoo).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did the right thing with the tires. I would find it difficult to take care of everything you need to take care of!!! It's good that you had some help with your son and with the dealership. Makes me cold to think about snow already - good for little Lopez for dealing with the Parka. I bought Daisy little boots when she was younger - she absolutely refused to move with them on. In the past I've always walked her even in the winter but since the surgeries this year my body can't seem to handle the cold! We'll see. We are also looking forward to some really nice weather beginning tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That parka DOES look bigger than Lopez! Hope to see a photo of him in it.
    Cold here, but soon it will be 70F again. "Indian Summer?"
    Making meals does get harder. I, too, use more frozen and 'convenience' foods. Rarely cook for myself.
    My favorite breakfast is my peanut butter Oreos dunked in my coffee.
    Did buy organic raspberries today.
    My local grocery gives 'gas rewards' if you buy certain products. Today I got $.25 gas rewards so put $25 in the tank. It will do me. Added a bottle of Heet, too. It will be very cold again in just a few days.
    It can be hard to stay strong feeling. I do it pretty well by just thinking of my blessings. They're so much more than the things I have that sometimes concern me.
    Why isn't Himself wearing BOTH hearing aids? I am sure he has his reasons... {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The above comment is really me. Forgot to enter my name first.

      Delete
  12. I can totally imagine Lopez not wanting to walk in his parka LOL So funny! So happy your son put the tires on your car, woohoo! Nice temperature expected for the weekend. Hugs and yes, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the parka. Good luck with the tires tomorrow. I finally just store my tires at the place that changes them for me. It costs more but is worth it for me as I have no one to put in/take out of the car and I can't do it. And the last saying you have is so true - so don't worry now about what you didn't do for your parents. Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!