Wednesday, November 9, 2022

An adventure everyday--


 I bought bananas-- 2 huge "hands" of them----That is why I am late posting-

I also spent almost $300 at the grocery--- I just got it all put away now-- Buying  groceries is not all it is "cracked up to be"--(Dad's expression)-- You see, it's not just getting the foods-- One must get it home--carry it in--then run some down to the freezer-- some upstairs---wash the lettuce-and the radishes---And that is not telling  you how one feels as yu see prices higher  today, than last week- For instance---a tray of chicken legs which used to be $10 at the most--is now $20---- (but I found a few trays for $7---) It is very depressing, because  it makes me wonder how much longer we can afford to eat--which is one of my favourite things to do! --- 

I suppose you can look at it all as , we are fortunate to have food--and grocery stores-- --It could be worse I suppose--

We have sunshine here  --There were geese all over a park on the way into town this AM--- So, perhaps thy flew in from up north, en route to the South somewhere-I have not seen them in their "V" formation flying over , yet--

I just wanted to say "HI" to y'all--  and that I hope yer day is going well--- Hopefully you are strong-- Lord love a Duck!-- We can't "cave in" ---  These days are tough sledding , but, we have to deal with life as it is each day--Maybe we have to look on each day as an adventure--keep a sense of humour --

and sometimes a hug makes one feel better!   Lord love a Duck! ---  




12 comments:

  1. It is work, keeping the larder stocked. And we all have sticker shock at the grocery store, too. Did I tell you I've been "off" bananas for a couple of weeks? Maybe I'll buy them next time I shop, just a couple, to see if whatever was troubling my tummy with them has magically fixed itself?

    Hope you have a fine Wednesday and the rest of the week, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice that we get wee black spots in the centre of the bananas-- What is that?--Lynda

      Delete
    2. Those little back spots in the middle of bananas are seeds.

      Delete
  2. A hug always makes things better.
    Going to grocery store isn't fun. I hate seeing prices going up each week. I, too, like to eat.
    Beautiful sunny, very warm day in St.Louis.
    Enjoy your Wednesday
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a lot of "putting away" stuff when we got home--Lynda

      Delete
  3. At least groceries. Bought to hold you for awhile. So you can stay home, and cool your heels. I’m just thinking about what to cook, not sure what I feel like cooking. Do have things here to cook, it’s my mood that brings me down. The more you cook, the more you have to wash up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true--- and-the more yu eat--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Lord have mercy. The money just flies out of the wallet when @ the grocery store. And you’re right, it’s not just about finding the food, buying the food, getting it from the cart into the car. It’s about getting it all out of the car and sorted and put away. Filtered sunshine here.

    Yes, it’s tough sledding these days, but . . . we’re keeping control of the sleds so they go in the right direction, right!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barb-WE are in control--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  5. I feel the same say after going to the grocery store. Last time I wanted to buy some stew meat and for what I needed it would have been close to $18. Not worth it! We buy a lot of things in bulk at Costco which does help but then we have to pay for that membership ahead of time. Some days I wish I could just stop eating!!! Have a great day. I'm sure it will all work out one day - hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL-- Yes, it would be a lot cheaper if we could just stop eating--LOLOL__ YU made ,me LOL--- Hugs my dear friend-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Your first poster is funny.
    You are right to think on the positive side of things. Like, yes, we are fortunate to have food and stores.
    I just have 3 dying bananas left, but I have a tray of organic blueberries.
    I am messed up by the time change, I've been a day ahead all week, too.
    Well, I guess as they says, we are still above ground.
    Hugs do make us feel better...they Help Us Grow Stronger. That's why I always end my posts to you with {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!