Thursday, November 24, 2022

Bring your Husbands Inside!

I always laugh at this--   The poor guy eh??---

First of all--- HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all U.S. people! ---To-day is your day isn't it?-----


Thank you for all your confidence in me, on believing I would pass that 80 yr old Drivers Test-- AND I DID! ---Whatta lot of worry for nothing--- 
 There was a very short video on the Driver's Handbook-- plus we had to draw a clock and place the hands of the clock at 11-10--then a vision test-, without your glasses------A few people  could not read line 4--you know--those terrible charts one sees at the Eye Dr when you can only read a few lines and the rest are a big blur-Anyway, I had no problem with it all--  -went to Service Ontario afterwards and gave them $36 and  received a temporary licence for now ------It is a huge relief that the whole thing is over--for the next 2 yrs-

A neighbour called yesterday to let me know that there was a coyote in her yard-and to watch Lopez----We live in the bush, so I am not surprised-- I never put the 2 dogs outside alone--but, it is something else to think about.

Himself seems good--Of course his hearing is  terrible---  but, what can one do!---There were so many senior people  at that Drivers Test yesterday-- Too bad  he wasn't with me, to visit with some of them--

AND--to-day is "HAIR DAY"--I look like the Lady in the picture right now-- God Bless Hairdressers!


I hope that your day is a fabulous day---and that you will  make it that way-- Well, don't do everything it says down below--but--I really like ---"Tell a Jerk What you think"--and "Sing Out Loud"--and "Live life"---
AND------ENJOY THE DAY___  Don't let anyone put yu down! -----  YU ARE UNIQUE! 

 

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations . . . the clock thing is weird. . . that is part of the dementia test here in the States. Thanksgiving day here . . . Turkey with all the fixings and football. I am Thankful for everything in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh, I bet Lopez could be a delish treat for any wild animal. Awww, sweet Lopez. Have a beautiful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is strange how we worry about some things that turn out to be no problem for us at all. Congratulations! Enjoy your hair appointment and being pampered. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the test Lynda. It is such a worry but we all knew you would do it!! At least you will know what it's like for next time. Watch the coyotes - they seem to attack smaller animals. They are even here in Toronto. They say here to make a lot of noise if you see them and don't run away - they will follow. I carry a whistle when we walk and it's gotten dark out. Enjoy your hair appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, it is our "big day". I have pies in the oven to take over to the feast.

    Congrats on passing the driving test. I'm relieved every time I pass mine, and come to think of it, it might just be coming up again. Had to go look. I'm good for two more years.

    Hope all is well, and "hair day" gives you that lift that it can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on passing the test. I knew you could do it. I had to do that clock thing at my doctor's appointment last week. But I know there will come a time when people don't know how to read a clock in this age of digital everything! My family is getting together tomorrow so today is my prep day. Going to be a busy one! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m so glad you passed that important test. Enjoy your hair time, smile and laugh, and watch that little Lopez out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never doubted you would pass your test! We DO believe in you...in your abilities, in your talents, in your children, Himself and the pets, too.
    We gotta believe in each other!
    Today IS Thanksgiving...and you are one friend I am thankful for! The meals they donated to us seniors are great this year! AND my daughter wants me to come to their home in a couple hours. So much to be thankful for.
    What is driving me nuts is my smoke alarm. It started chirping, like it needs new batteries, at 2:30 this morning! Hope our maintenance man comes tomorrow. I can't reach it. If I did have something to stand on...I'm leery of my balance to reach up and twist it off.
    And life goes on. Enjoy your new hair! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. We KNEW you'd pass driving test. YAY YOU. Thats done. I've never encountered the clock test.
    Yes, Thanksgiving day in the states. We're staying home as family isn't very careful with germ control nor prevention such as flu shots..
    Enjoy hair day and being pampered.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knew you'd pass the test Lynda.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know why I am anonymous all of a sudden...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do we worry about everything!! My mind always jumps to the worst scenario!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning, Lynda (Sparkpeople51 here)
    I went to my sisters for Thanksgiving. I fixed the turkey and dressing at my house to have to drive it over 30 min. to her house.
    I weighed myself this morning and I gained 2#!

    I wish I could get your blogs to my inbox daily.
    If you know a way to do that, please let me know. Bev

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!