Saturday, November 26, 2022

"Let your Heart Sing"

This picture was taken by Son#1-a view of the Lake and what the kids always called, "Hawaian  Heat island"-because it was so hot sitting on the rocks there---They used to paddle from our dock, to that island and pick  wild blueberries.

We have bright sunshine--It is just above zero--and the snow is melting. I love it! Beau and I were out playing ball--then Lopez and I "hoofed" it up the road, keeping a close eye  out, for a coyote-- He kept looking into the bush, but no growling, so we were OK.--He just pitter pats along beside me (on a leash)- with his tiny bare toes which must be so cold!

I was going to tell yu about Himself , and how angry he became, when we drove into town to get a take-out dinner--last evening-- but--you know what?--He cannot even remember all that this morning---He is so lucky!---  I remember it all vividly!---- It is all over --well, I will not even go into it-because, "out of sight, out of mind"--"don't look back"---

I am late posting because I was dusting the piano, and then I sat down and played the piano--and  I couldn't stop--  Playing the piano is so relaxing--  Your mind is just carried away--I used to tell the piano teacher that I'd love to go away for a weekend, where one just sits at a piano and plays day and night--the whole weekend-- does nothing else--just plays and plays--and--I'm not even really  a good player! 

A Lady friend who took some University courses with me  when my kids were older  and  but still in school, called last evening-- We used to sit together and chitchat back and forth-, in a room full of teachers getting their degree----  well, she phoned---  and she follows Son #2 the Pilot's adventures in the sky-- Anyway, we both decided, before we turn "older than old"- we must get on Son#2's  BIG BIRD, that Dreamliner---- and fly somewhere-- I spoke to Son#2, the Air Canada Pilot, and he said, "Come to England Mom--the both of you"----(-and you know how I've always dreamed of meeting the Queen--)--I called this lovely Lady and we both agreed to go--together-- too late to see her majesty, but  maybe we could hang out on London Bridge (before its falls down-)- --I am so excited----Can yu believe it?---Something to look forward to--
So, for to-day, I hope that your heart is singing---It seems to be a good day not to worry too much--I hear gasoline prices are dropping to-morrow--We  are alive---  and I have bananas still and a wee nap planned (with my book) after lunch-- Any day one can grab a wee nap  is the best day ever!--And if any of you wish a ride on that Dreamliner , with us,  one day in the future, I believe it can be arranged and we can all sit on London Bridge-- and-- maybe  grab come English food-- and take our own pictures of food--  We must dream!---
Thanksgiving is over --Christmas is coming--  We have "heat" in our homes--- and we have "power"--unlike the people in Ukraine-- My heart goes out to them!-- 











 

12 comments:

  1. How exciting, your plans to travel to England on the son’s Dreamliner 🧚🏻‍♀️ Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is shinning and it is about 40F today and tomorrow. Instead of a wee nap I am going to watch some college football on TV. The laundry is in the washer and I will be swapping loads as the day goes on. I hope your are really planning a trip to England that would be so perfect. Get your daughter to come stay with her dad . . . then she can see what you go through daily. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that today is a good day for you and that you took the time to play the piano. A nap after reading some of your book will make it even better. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. **SIGH** and ((((HUGS)))) Sorry that Himself was so angry yesterday on the drive to get take-out for supper. So hard to cope with but . . . you’re right. Have to concentrate on here and now. HOPE it’s a better day

    Ohhhhhhhhh . . . soooo wonderful you have a trip to London to look forward to. It is lovely to visit, that’s for sure.

    Yes, Christmas is coming! Unbelievable how this year has gone by, isn’t it! Have to make the most of the time left in this year!

    I think A1D2 is right! While you take that trip, have your DD there to watch after Himself. Might be good!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be wonderful, to take a trip to England, you and old friends. Yes, ask your daughter to stay with dear old Dad. I’m glad you chose to play your piano for a longer time, and why not! We haven’t even had any Turkey yet, I’ll roast the breast I bought tomorrow, whomever comes will be fed. The sick family members were doctored and feeling better, but not completely, DIL had bronchitis, grandson had flu. Son had cold.
    Will see who shows up, but I will freeze leftovers. Rainy day all day, but warming up to low 70’s by Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lake photo is awesome!

    I had a print of a London Bridge painting in my office in 1967 and wanted to visit it some day. In 1985, we spent two weeks in England with one week in London. Imagine my surprise to learn that the London Bridge was no long there!

    Wikipedia: London Bridge is a bridge in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. When it was built in the 1830s, it spanned the River Thames in London, England. In 1968, the bridge was purchased from the City of London by Robert P. McCulloch. McCulloch had exterior granite blocks from the original bridge cut and transported to the United States for use in the construction of a new bridge in Lake Havasu City, a planned community he established in 1964 on the shore of Lake Havasu. The Arizona bridge is a reinforced concrete structure clad in the original masonry of the 1830s bridge. The bridge was completed in 1971 (along with a canal), and links an island in the Colorado River with the main part of Lake Havasu City. The "rededication" of the London Bridge took place on October 10, 1971.[3]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fortunate enough to see the London Bridge in both London and Lake Havasu! Don’t fret though, so many other things to see and do.

      Delete
  7. We shall have tea in the shadow of Big Ben and listen to the chimes, and see the changing of the guard. Even if old London Bridge is not there. Hope your day continues well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are okay...I'd love a trip to London....to see the changing of the guard, and at least look at the palace....perhaps lay a flower or so at the queens' resting spot...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about himselfs outburst BUT happy you moved on and didn't let it get to you for an extended time.
    I LOVE that you spent time with your piano. Yes, spending days doing nothing but escaping in your music would be very therapeutic. I'm so happy you did that for YOU.
    How wonderful to plan a trip to England. PLEASE do that. Changing of the guard, seeing the palace, etc etc would be so great. Lots to plan but please GO. Any idea when? Hoping your daughter could stay with her dad. I'm excited for you.
    Enjoy your nap.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh you need to go on that trip. At least start planning! When I went to Ireland recently, there was a son and father pilot crew! And, LOTS of people there who were family or friends of the crew. You may not be seeing the Queen but I bet you will get royal treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great weather and family members behaving make for a good day! My kitty is begging for attention beside me, but I want to catch up on your blogs cuz with all the hubballoo, I missed a few days!
    A trip on an airplane sounds kinda scary but lots of fun. And we are (well, most of us) are always up for trying new foods!
    Your kids may be able to help plan the details: who will walk the dogs and attend to Sushi? Who will care for Himself? It would really be beneficial to you to have that vacation! Will pray it all works out. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!