Thursday, November 10, 2022

Interesting when you stop to think about life, isn't it?

It's a new day . We are a part of it! --Just think of all the people who are not alive to-day--- To-morrow is Remembrance Day --So many soldiers who gave their lives for us--so many past family relatives who have lived their lives, also,  before we came along--

like-- the picture above--  My mom's name was "Ila"---  She is the little girl with the long hair-- Her Mother is on her left with the brown hair-- her Mother's Mom on my Mother's right-- and her great Grandmother behind my Mom.-- My own Mom died in her early 40's after an operation ---probably no blood thinners then were used--Mom always used to tell me that I made her think of her Mom--that I reminded her of her Mom--That used to make me feel so proud!
This is a  picture --of my Dad's Mother, when she was going to "Normal School"--which to-day, we call, Teacher's college-Just look at their hair-dos --long long hair all tied up onto their heads-- with so much clothing---Of course all the people in the above 2 pictures  are not around--to-day--I am the result of their lives--
Doncha just wish that they had a recording , that we could listen to , to get to know them, and hear  about their life?--

So, to-day, we remember those ones who went before us---we appreciate-them--  and as I keep saying--  we are the ones, blessed to be in the world to-day--

Looking outside, we have a wet rainy day going on- no snow yet ---Himself seems like he is having a good day--(which means that my day will be  good also)--and--It is Hair Day"--

This is what I look like right now--  but--  after the hair Lady  works  her wonders, on the hair, I may look like this--
--  No-no no-----  more like this?----No------the picture below was  a few years ago-- --Well, does it really  matter what we look like?--  It's what is in our heart ---  how we treat the people around us?-- 
"WE " make the world go 'round to-day---Too bad all the above people  cannot see my family - --  Interesting when you stop to think about life , isn't it?




-

 

6 comments:

  1. It is such a privilege to have a new day to ‘get things right’!

    What lovely pictures of your family and memories! Precious! Wow! The collar on those blouses would drive me crazy!

    Hurray for hair day! PHEW. And glad it seems to be a good day for Himself.

    Yes, remembering all who went before me. I stand on their shoulders. They did the hard work (ok, we've had to do some heavy lifting, too, but compared to our ancestors, not so bad!)

    hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful "hair day"! Love mornings, a new chance to have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a happy hair day. My husband is a Veteran, disabled. I unfortunately am sick, strep, bronchitis, sinus inf., thankful no covid, no pneumonia, no flu tho....I have lost 7 lbs with this...cannot swallow, even water burns. Glad himself is having a good day also...for your sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2DarleneK2, hope you feel much better soon. A happy Veterans’ Day to you and your husband. Carol🌸

      Delete
  4. Interesting blog. Thank you.
    Happy hair day.
    Glad Fred's having a good day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a photo of my grandmother and her sisters and they look very much like your dad's mom and hers. It's interesting how the fashions are so similar in a time period. I remember my other grandmother always had very long hair that she wrapped up in a bun - what a lot of work that must have been. It's fun to look back sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!