Thursday, November 17, 2022

Never trust a person who doesn't like cows!

Very cold here---  VERY VERY!--Not much snow fell overnight too-- which is good!--  Hopefully to-day will be uneventful-- Yesterday was  difficult-- 

I must remember that I am only one person, and I can only do so much-- You see, I took Himself with me, in the car, to town-- I had 3 errands to do-- then he wanted  me to go to the deli--then the very expensive grocery, and MacDonalds-- so my 3 errands --then his 3 errands--made 6 places I had to enter stores, as he sits in the car. When you go shopping, do you find that if you do too much , you return home "fit to be tied" (Mom's expression !)-----I was exhausted--It was getting dark--and little Lopez had to be walked  in the dark--before I could get supper--So----- Looking back over my very terrible awful afternoon, it really was all my fault, because I should have refused to go to so many places-- What was I thinking?--- I must start  thinking of myself--forget  his demands when I am so busy--  do some chores on another day-- BECAUSE _-I AM THE CARE GIVER---I cannot burn out on my job-- while he sits in the car--

 There is always another day--and I will remember to monitor  my actions--- so, one bad day I suppose isn't bad--  but--- I will think twice ( Mom's expression again!)__ before I  do so much again.---  Hard eh?---

I still wear a mask when entering buildings--Most people are not masking-- sometimes I wear 2 masks-- And to-morrow morning, Himself and I are getting our flu shot----just there and back---  NO ERRANDS!-  LOL--

Sadie the cleaning Lady (who is really ME!) is chomping at the bit here to come in and clean a room-- I find now that I am sticking to my schedule of a room a day, by the time I come back to redo that room, it isn't as dusty--But--now the snow is here! Lord love a Duck!--

You know, the above is true isn't it?-- People cry--WOMEN cry--because they've been strong for too long--- I wonder how cows  go thru life? --no vacuuming-- just mooching around a field all day--Hmmmmmmmm----maybe no stress----AND THEY HAVE 2 STOMACHS----more food-- I think!



 

14 comments:

  1. OH boy, sometimes we have to learn lessons the hard way, don’t we! Glad you know beter now. Definitely cannot burn out as you are the carer!

    Glad your room-a-day plan is working. I do try to do the same. Today is kitchen day.

    Cows -- I wouldn't want to be outside in this weather for a long time, and their barns aren't heated!

    HOPE it's a good day for you.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-Wonder Woman! Have a great Thursday. ((Tons of Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand your feeling exhausted after so many errands. My husband usually goes with me so he drives but so often he decides to stop here and there - not what I had planned. So I bring a book with and wait in the car, otherwise I would feel just like you felt. These days one grocery run and that's about all my energy can take! Because once you get home you still have to put those darn groceries away. Maybe someone need to invent a grocery robot!!! Have a good day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a grocery ROBOT-==-=- LOL--Sounds good-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Sweetheart, you are right about trying to do too much. Maybe next time have an easy supper planned...maybe even one to just warm up, do household chores another day...etc.
    I am sure we all have days like that. At least Himself was well behaved? Was Lopez with him in the car?
    I mad chocolate peanut butter nice cream last night! Just 3 sliced frozen ripe bananas, 3 rounded tablespoons of cocoa, a splash of milk. I blended it all in my high speed blender. When it was blended, I dished it out and added swirls of peanut butter that I had softened in the microwave. No added sugar, nutritious. It's called nice cream cuz I use non-dairy milk. One could use cow's milk, though. What a mess my kitchen was in!
    27F here and an icy cold wind is blowing with light snow falling. I am glad I DO NOT need to go anywhere today. Tomorrow will be different...my bitty retirement check will be in my account so I can do a little shopping. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so easy to get frustrated as we get older because we can't do as much as we could a few years ago. I am washing out kitchen cupboards and find that I can't get half as much done as I could before. It will take me extra days but I will get them done eventually. We expect too much of ourselves. Take it easy it will get done. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to do too much is tiring. I seem to not learn to say no when hubs in the car and wanting something from somewhere I hadn't planned on going.
    Take care of YOU...its essential that you do.
    I'm going to start going through every drawer, closet,cupboard...my indoor project. I always find things to donate or pitch even though I try to purge 2x a yr.
    Be safe and well.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time to pretend, the older person is sort of toddler like, with toddler thoughts, maybe pick out only one extra stop, another time for the others. I would have chosen McDonalds, so you have dinner taken care of. Hate to cook dinner after coming home with groceries. Too much pressure! The weather does not help. Good heavens though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you need a day to just breathe... wonder if there is one in the offing, after that flu shot? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Split the trips. Make one trip his day and take him for the things he's like. It will make him feel special and maybe less crabby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find I'm good for three "stops" (shopping, errands, library, doctor) in a day, otherwise I'm exhausted and grumpy. If the traffic is heavy, it's even worse. As others have suggested, you can ask Himself to pick one, and for the other stops, "we'll get to it next time."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're getting your flu shot. They say it might be bad this year. Be careful how much you try to do in one day. And I think you have to get your license renewed soon? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the caregiver, therefore, the decision maker on how much you can do. It is winter time, care for yourself....i am sure he did not mean to wear you out....I'm with the lady above, bought McD and called it dinner.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!