Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Make Today Epic!


 --justa reminder----  MAKE TODAY EPIC!   I love it!-----and, Happy Thanksgiving to all in the U.S,---

I finished my book-- It was a true-Life Novel  by Jeanette Walls---  called, "Half Broke Horses"--I downloaded it onto my kindle---- I searched and searched for something to read that would be an easy read, and interesting-I absolutely loved it--It made me laugh out loud in parts of it--- The title , I thought did not do it justice---I am now reading her next 2 books , which follow that one--She sure lead an interesting life! 

I have to go for the Driver's Test, this morning, at 11.30 am------ This is the one that you must take every 2 yrs once you turn 80 years. Lord love a Duck! I have no idea how I ever got to be this old--- but I will be  on Dec.16th--This morning Himself asked me, "How are you going to get back home if you don't pass the test?"---  (He mustn't have much confidence in me eh?)---

"I will just drive home anyway!" I told him--like--I can't just stay there!--I need to drive--- I want to drive--I am The Caregiver--whether I want to be or not-- I better pass this thing!-(but-what if I don't?)

I just cannot think like that!

Everyday  something is happening- - one just has to carry on-- and------BE  AWESOME! 
--no blubbering-- Face the Music--No time to feel sorry for yourself---  but--a wee nap after lunch really does help! --It seems like this will be a good day and hopefully I can make it even better! 

16 comments:

  1. Sending all good wishes for your driver’s test, Lynda! You’ll do fine. Bu it's hard to anticipate this. For sure.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. barb--YU really are awesome-- Yu read this pretty fast---Thanks for the encouragement--Bless yer heart girl!-- Lynda

      Delete
  2. I loved Half-Broke Horses! I am currently reading another true to life book, "The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man" by James Weldon Johnson. It was originally written in 1912, and I'm finding it fascinating. Unfortunately some of what he says might be applied to the present day.

    Wishing you the best on your driver's test!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall look for that book yu recommended-- I reAlly loved "Half Broke Horses"----I will look for the book by Johnson- Lynda

      Delete
  3. I love a nice little nap after lunch too! Good luck on your drivers test - I am confident that you will do just fine. You've been driving for a long time and the rules should be easy to pull out of your memory! Today and tomorrow I am preparing for my family's Thanksgiving feast - then my husband and I will be eating leftovers for days I'm sure! Let us know how it went today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I passed it-- there were about 30 people there-- Your dinner will be wonderful-Lynda

      Delete
  4. I know it will go well at your driver's test. Yay! Naps after lunch have become a must! Have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naps really help one get thru the day-- They are a musty *S* Lynda

      Delete
  5. I know you are done with your test by now but I am still thinking positive thoughts for passing. Glad we don't have to do that here in NH. I've busy most of the day getting my Thanksgiving dinner all prepared. My Turkey is brining, the been casserole is in the fridge and so is the dressing. Tomorrow I just have to bake those things. The pie crust is chilling and Al is prepping the apple pie filling. I do love Thanksgiving dinner . . . too bad it is all that work for just the 2 of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I passed it--- just happy it is over---It seemed more of a vision test-- Lynda

      Delete
  6. No doubt you passed your driving test. Not passing isn't an option. Lol We have to test every 2 yrs. after 80 in Missouri....I'm not there yet, but it is the law.
    Take that nap. You earned it.
    YOU ARE AWESOME EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Margene--I did pass the darn thing-happy it is over--and it really was quite easy--Funny but I don't feel awesome--but its nice yu said it--Thank yu--Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  7. I know you got your license renewed...you are a good and careful driver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it-passed--just happy it is over-Lynda

      Delete
  8. I'm sure you passed your driving test because you are a good driver. Hope the rest of your day was also good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the test … what a relief it must be that it’s over - Carol🌸

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!