Thursday, November 3, 2022

Little Girls are made of Courage, Commitment, Toughness--The heck with sugar and spice!

Believe in Yourself!---  sometimes hard to do isn't it?-Gee whiz--We've made it this far---surely to goodness we can do almost everything--I believe that we were chosen to pursue hard things in life!

Yesterday, is a good example---I went  down to the freezer to figure out what on earth we were going to have for dinner, and there, staring  me in the face , were 2 enormous soup bones-- Well, they actually fell out onto the floor--Okay, I thought, I can make soup with these- They must've been from Son#1, the restaurant owner--They were huge--- In fact, I had trouble finding a pot large enough to hold these 2 bones--So, I put them on to boil---  and began to chop celery and onions and vegetables and before long the bones were displacing my beef broth-- so, I got out another very large pot, and with great difficulty lifted one bone to the other pot-- Now yu know, there are only 2 of us in this house--and now I was making 2 extremely large pots of soup--Well, it took me all morning to get tomatoes, garlic, veggies etc etc etc  in both pots--which were now filling up with all the fat from inside the bones-- It was beginning to look like a disaster--bubbling away and overflowing onto the burners--

By this time, Himself decided to help me chop---- but kept saying, "Why are yu making so much?"- and, "You didn't have to add so much beef broth"----and, "why are yu making this at peak hydro time?"-(He has this thing about higher than high, power bills)-

I was determined however to get this soup done-- but, in may mind, it wasn't looking good! ---  AND, you know what?-- We had it for supper, and it was the worst soup ever! ---

"I will never , ever, make soup again", I told Himself as he was trying to rescue one pot, by skimming off cans of fat and adding more beef broth--"Well, It's the bones" I told him---  "-They were meant for a restaurant", I said, as I looked at my stove, covered in boiled over soup. 

We ate the stuff (There -was nothing else to eat)---BUT---I believe that I will never make soup again---  NEVER!!!!---I certainly believe  now that there is no way I can control everything! 

It is "hair Day"- to-day--a day to get out of this house and chat with a few other women at the hairdressers-----Lord love a Duck!---  Yu know, I was so into that "Soup Stuff", Sadie (who is really me)-never even got that one room cleaned--
To-day is a new day-- We have sun--no snow--and both boys , as in dogs, have been out and done their business-We are a part of this day---Courage, Sacrifice, Determination, Commitment, Toughness, Heart, Guts, ----Talent, -----That's what we are made of; ----and admitting that some things in life  are better bought! 


 

16 comments:

  1. Huh, wonder what went wrong w/the soup! **SIGH**

    Hope you had a good Hair Day! You need the break!

    Agreed! The heck w/the sugar and spice!

    HUGS and hope today’s a good day.

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatta day it was Barb-- silly soup! Lynda

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! Sorry things did not go well with the soup. Maybe if he leaves two bones and you want soup, only use one "next time"... if there ever is a "next time", that is. It sounds like you are leaning toward that not happening.

    But we are strong women, not fragile as sugar, but definitely with a touch of spice! Hugs, and hope the hair day gives you a pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb--- Life is full of surprises isn't it?-- I thought bit would turn out--but---oh well-- Lynda

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness! What a mess you had and all that hard work! Then, it didn’t taste good! My mom makes the best soup and she don’t use bones so maybe skip that part and try again. Enjoy your day! Hugs!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -- It must've been those bones--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry about your soup. You worked so hard on it and then it didn't taste good. I've done that before and it's not okay. Right now I have several containers of soup in the freezer that I made up before my back surgery so my husband wouldn't have to cook all the time. I guess we should eat it because I'm anxious to make some new soups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope your soups turn out OK__ Lynda

      Delete
  5. Except for split pea, or beef stew, if I want any other soup, I open a can of Campbells. Period. We are only two here, myself and adult son. But I made only those soups for my husband when he was still alive. The trouble you had would surely befall me, too! Just not your time to make a month’s supply of soup. Hope your hair time is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree-- Campbells makes great soup--That is for us from now on--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Don’t ya just hate it when you chop and chop, make big messes, and anticipate a yummy dish, and it turns out less than tasty…after ALL that work?! We can all relate to that experience….sorry it happened! ❤️
    Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was terrible soup-Lynda

      Delete
  7. Hope today was better at the hairdressers instead of making soup. I just buy Campbells ready to serve - much easier. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I have been gearing up to make homemade tomato soup with all the tomatoes that I picked off the vines before I pulled them out as we were expecting a "freeze" - they are all over my kitchen counter and window sill and I just can't eat them all....But now I am a little hesitant to make soup! hahaha! Will let you know if I attempt it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betcha lots of us have had soup disasters. And cleaning the stove of something that has boiled over...the pits!

    My grandma's specialty was chicken rice soup with veggies. My mom's were veggie beef, split pea with ham, and navy bean with ham soup.

    Maybe you just need to make soup from what YOU have purchased. I hope you don't stop totally.

    I am sure you enjoyed your hair get-away, too. We need that pampering and socialization.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the soup...bet the hair do made ya feel better though.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!