Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Never let insecurity, and Halloween Candy- ruin your life!


 It is Wednesday--not much going on , on a Wednesday--which is a good thing!- Isn't it nice to just stay home?--No dental appointments- no trips to town-- just me to get thru this day. Can yu tell that to-day I am tired?--I think it was all the leaves that I blew on the lake side of the house yesterday which made me tired.--Who knows?---

I took  big Beau out  early, and after I threw the pumpkins away into the gully (for the deer I hope!)- Beau decided to do his business. When the 2 of us came inside, I sat at the piano and played for a good 20 minutes--thought it would stimulate my level of energy--AND I FORGOT LITTLE LOPEZ , who was in his crate waiting quietly for me to take him out. Poor wee fellow eh?--So, now he has been out too-- The temperature is around zero with a heavy frost--and fog over the lake. Finally little Lopez, hoofed it up the back road with me , in his parka and bare toes--He can be so good!-(He can be just like Cujo also!)---

I figured out just now why I am feeling kinda "pooped"--Son#2 sent me the above picture of bis daughters Halloween candy---I hate to admit it, but I ate at least 10 of these tiny chocolate bars last night----SUGAR-SUGAR and more SUGAR! ---Lord love a Duck! That is probably why I feel so draggy this morning. What about all of you?--  Did you get into the Halloween treats too?--
Son#2, the Pilot is back in Toronto-said the flight  was so smooth --"Not a ripple" he told me,  with every seat taken--no food pictures , as he said, "just down and back."

Sadie (Well, yu know she is really ME!)--is going to clean the study this AM--  then the whole top level will be done--(but there are 3 more levels!)-- I hear that the Hydro (as we call it in Canada)--are going to lower their rates --unbelievable!---I think I heard, the lower prices will stay that way until April, of next year. Amazing!!

One more thought here--Have any of you seen geese going over?--I have not! --  When we do start to see them., it usually means snow is coming- --I do love to hear them honking--talking to each other--It is sad to see them  they fly South however--

Sadie, the cleaning Lady_ is frantically telling me to get moving here--Good thing Halloween only comes once a year ! Maybe get rid of any excess candy in your house as yu can see what it is doing to me--

Remember how fortunate we are to be a part of this day------Never let insecurity ruin your life--(AND---too much sugar!)--- Whatta good thing to remember!-----






12 comments:

  1. I totally agree w/you. I LOVE days w/o appointments.

    OH goodness. Fortunately no candy left as we donated it to the police dept, down the road from us. PHEW

    That is good news that the hydro prices will be lower! Nothing like that happening here, that’s for sure.

    No geese! Haven’t really seen many murmurings of birds of any kind migrating. Not like it used to be, that’s for sure.

    Yes! WE are good enough, smart enough and PEOPLE LIKE US!

    Hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have an app't this morning PT at 8:00am . . .back home now and my wordle is done for today. Do you play wordle? One word every day to figure out. . . . supposed t be good for our aging brains. Still have lots of outside tasks to do and today is going to be a lovely Fall day. Going to harvest some broccoli from the garden for dinner tonight. I think it is the last of it though. I haven't heard any geese going over either . . . maybe they aren't going this year and we won't get much snow. Nah . . . but a girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't buy any Halloween candy so there was none for me to get into. I'm getting smarter as I get older, LOL. Toss it out Lynda or have one of your sons come and take it home. Otherwise you're going to feel bad when you see added pounds on the scale.

    Aww, Lopez is an angel for sitting quietly in his crate until you took him out. I sure love these tiny dogs!

    Nothing doing at my place. Enjoy your Wednesday.
    Love & Hugs to you, Fred and your furry companions xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Sadie's idea of cleaning one room a day. Makes it not feel so overwhelming. I think I'll give that a try myself. Sounds like little Lopez is starting to calm down as he gets older. I don't ever get any trick or treaters because we live on a very busy road so I don't buy candy anymore. Makes it easier to resist!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I did slip up a bit with the Halloween leftovers, until I noticed the lawn guys had come over... and I gave them the remainder! Good job balancing all the stuff in your life, from leaves to canines! Hope your Wednesday continues well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No geese flying south here yet....they are all sitting in the lakes/ponds in my neighborhood! Lots of ducks too! Beautiful weather here today and yesterday (75 degrees) and today will be warmer! Grandson is coming over after school to cut my lawns and acreage one more time (and I hope this is the last time!) for this year. Worked outside trimming bushes and trees yesterday! Today I had to clean out under my bathroom sink as son#2 is coming over after work this evening to put in new faucets for me! I need to spray some weeds while grandson is mowing, but am not sure if I should as it really hurts my back when I bend down and pump the sprayer....might put it in the wagon and pull it around with me! hahaha! My has been better the last 2 days and I don't want to mess it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, too...nowhere to go and we got a bit of rain already this morning in San Diego. Hoping for more. Getting a Lab puppy in a couple of weeks to train for Canine Companions (a boy pup-have never raised a boy dog). First thing is potty training with the cue of "Hurry". Glad you are finally doing better with Lil Cujo...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadie's plan of cleaning each room is a good idea.
    Have not heard any geese but already much more South than you
    Glad Lopez is finally settling down.
    Gorgeous weather in St.Louis. sunny and 70s.
    May decide to donate remaining candy and next year...a different plan for grandkids. Money is always liked lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did not buy any candy this year - did not cheat and eat any that way. My sugar readings are amazing since I quit sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Used to see geese in California, but never in Texas . Didn’t buy candy, no treaters here. We have some chocolate every day, so no need or want to eat a ton of it during so called holidays, no big deal. It ain’t super special anyMore. Hope you feel better and play the piano again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seem to be able to limit myself to 2-3 mini candy bars while I'm watching tv at night. I try to eat good for me ones (ha, ha) like with peanuts, raisins or coconut.
    I did see a formation of geese flying over yesterday. They were going SE.
    Aren't you glad we have our music! Such beauty, such stress relief.
    Lopez must love it, too. That would be why he was being so patient.
    Those leaves are pretty...but very hard to deal with. Wouldn't it be great if they could disappear like the snow does when it melts?
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought little bags of popcorn and no chocolate. Then also gave a bunch of popcorn away. Hopefully you will be less tired tomorrow. I saw some geese quite a while ago. But no where near as many as usual. Hopefully better winter then! Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!