Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Keep Calm and Be Positive!




 I shall try to think "happy" thoughts--Wee little Lopez, the Chihuahua with attitude---  and I--well we "hoofed" it up the back road--in SNOW---  It was SO cold! And I forgot my mitts-- I was worried about Lopez in his bare little toes with the snow--but-- as I keep saying, he is a trouper--just waddled along in his parka-and HE DID HIS BUSINESS! I never thought he would as the snow was about 3-4 inches deep-I put big Beau, the German (as in Shepherd) out-- when I returned home, -- he sat in the snow and I could tell he just loved it! ----

Everything is white outside-- I look at the bricks in front of the garage, and I wonder if I can really clear the drive as the winter progresses-- We always had the neighbour do it--He charged $800 --and this year it would be more-- probably $1000 or $1200 ----and I did buy the Ego battery snow blower, thinking I could do it--I hope I can--but---  dunno-It can go from this-----


-to this----Lord love a Duck! Yu think I should keep the snow plough guy-- or--just take a chance ?---We do not need to go anywhere on a snowy day--and Son#1 does live down the road--and he might plough--
---tough decision ---- Should I trust my decision to do this myself---??? 

Himself seems pretty good to-day--but---yu just never know---  LOL---things can change ----And my older brother who lives in Southern Ontario, called last evening , and said he is going to propose to his cleaning Lady ---whoever she is-- I asked who she is and he responded that he doesn't really know her--that they keep sending different women to  clean up after him-- but--he said , he needs someone to take care of him in his house, so whoever goes there this morning , he will ask her to marry him. He has done this before, forcing whoever it was to quit her job, and whoever this poor soul is, will probably do the same. He is so afraid of going  into a Long Term Care home--desperately wants to stay in his own place--cannot drive--  is bed ridden--his wife passed many yrs ago--  Isn't it sad as people age , life becomes so difficult-??- AND I CAN'T HELP HIM--(because I will be blowing snow!--LOLOL)_--

It is what it is -- I must remember that!-- -- Sadie is waiting here--(who is me!)- so, I'll talk to you all to-morrow-

We are a part of this day-- and we are strong---we just have to be----  Right??

12 comments:

  1. We have snow on the ground, too. Miss Lilly makes quick work of her ‘business trips’. Glad wee Lopez is being a good boy!

    HOPE yo can use your snow blower. Ours is soooooo big. . . almost too big for me, but I shall try, too.

    Here’s to a good day. It’s Wednesday, mid-week. Wonderful!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb--Yu are going too try to do the same?-- --like-chuck the plough person-- save $$$ --and do it?--Lordy Be!--I'm not alone in tis then--Thank yu for telling me!

      Delete
  2. Snow not sticking here... yet. We'll probably see flurries off and on during the week ahead before we get a small warm up the day after Thanksgiving.

    I have not yet hired anyone to do snow. Thinking I'll be out there with my shovel unless it gets really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so beautiful when it starts snowing. I hope that whatever you decide will suit you best about the snow plough. Often times throughout my life I'd wished I was an only child. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, as far as the snow goes...I'd wait for family to help while you can, but IF you're feeling really energetic after Sadie gets done with her chores...well, you could try. Maybe not try to do it all at once, but start...and see how it goes. Do not push yourself much past your comfort level, though. There is Himself and your furbies who depend on you to be there for them. You don't want to injure yourself or have some kind of attack. (I won't say it!)
    Are you putting petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on the dog's paw pads to protect them when they go out in the snow and ice?
    My Sadie needs to do a bunch of dish washing, and there's laundry, too. I'm on my last favorite sweatshirt. Hope the laundry room isn't full of other people doing their clothes.
    We have about an inch of snow. More coming this morning. Then it will quit for a day or two. It does look pretty on the trees. By the weekend, the weatherman says the highs will only be in the single digits...F of course.
    Hey, gf, wanna move to somewhere warmer? I guess that would be too difficult. I will just dream of spring and my favorite lilacs in bloom. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a large long driveway. I would continue with the plow guy and use the battery one when there is a smaller snowfall. Wet snowfalls can be quite heavy and remember your upcoming birthday. Lopez has really got into being a northern dog and that's definitely a good thing! You are right - you cannot look after your brother and I doubt any housekeeper will take him up on his proposal. He will need to look at some kind of home when he can't look after himself anymore. Glad himself is having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say, if you bought the snow blower, then use it. What's the worst than can happen? You'll find out you can't do it. Only one way to find out. LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my ex-husband left me he left me the kids and the snowblower. The first time I had to use it was on Thanksgiving morning because we got several inches of snow and my parents were coming for dinner. I cried while I used it. It got better once I got the right clothes and figured out how to work it but I will NEVER do that again. If my husband can't snow blow we'll have to get someone to plow! Daisy isn't fond of the snow - we got about 3 1/2 inches over the last couple of days. Some of it has melted but she's lost the ability to smell for the right spot to take care of business!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatever you decide about the snow plowing, IF you get out there be very careful. I'm hoping if its big snow your son will plough. Perhaps you can make advance arrangements with your son. If you can handle snow stuff closer to the house for the pets, that should be enough until your son can come by.
    Your brother is really desperate. I feel so bad for him. Thats sad. He keeps trying doesn't he?
    Lopez is quite the trooper. Beau loves sitting in the snow...funny.
    Enjoy your day. Be safe.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a long driveway and that snow can get really deep. I would stick with having somebody clear the snow, and use your snowblower to help with access if you need to. It would be way too much for you to take on with all the other things on your plate. As nice as it would be to know one of the sons will help out, they still have their own properties, families, and full-time jobs to work around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't figure what I did wrong. My name is there with no comment. The comment that was mine starts, "Honey, as far as the snow goes..."
    Shucks!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!