Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Grandkids are the Warmth in my Smile!



Well, Good Morning! We made it thru  yesterday--and to-day is a brand new day--And we are so fortunate that we are not a cow, standing out in some  very cold field! There is always something to be thankful for! 
Yesterday I did buy bananas-- and my bill at the check out was only $97--the lowest it has been in months and months-I only bought what was necessary tho! --And to-morrow, big Beau FINALLY goes to the groomer--- The groomer had been ill but is now back working!-

Little Lopez and I, hoofed it up the back road and he did his business--The temperature was hovering around zero-- maybe a tad lower---Now in Canada , that is celsius ---He is a pretty good little fellow , with his coat on, to waddle along , in his bare paws, beside me- He does  not like the school bus passing by----runs back to me. so I can pick him up--Of course, I have him on a leash as he is so small and I'm always afraid I might lose him in the bush-

Yesterday I never did get on the Treadmill--but--I did sit down , on the piano bench and played to my hearts content-- I simply love playing the piano--It carries one to another world--and--I'm  definitely NOT a great player-- but-- Beau, Himself and Lopez all think I am--LOL-- YU know, if I had a barn full of cows, I'd play for them --They would love the music! 

Maybe we have to  do something everyday that we love to do, even if it is crazy-- and attempting to do whatever, even if we are not good at it, keeps us young--

It might be dancing-- or dreaming that we  once again are 16 years old-- or-- 30 years ----  If you could go back in time, what age would you like to be?--Or are you happy at the age you are right now?-

-I think-......  maybe  being the age I was when all the children were in Public School--or High school--I was so busy then, I really don't think I ever relaxed--  kinda like  it might've been fun to have not made such a big deal with them over crazy incidents--trying to mould them into the rigours of life- and all that hoopla --like-----what  we went thru after a school dance and they came home with a dent in my car (It was always my car!)-Was it so bad?--They were not hurt--  Himself always handled situations like that much better than me-

Anyway, one doesn't have be the best---just try our best--and  kids certainly make one's life interesting-


Maybe that is why we have all these grandchildren-- to relax more with them, kick up yer heels, and just enjoy them-




 

16 comments:

  1. Great bananas. Yes, there's always something to be thankful for. And, indeed, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren always spice up our lives. I hope you have a terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia-It was a good day-- Any day that Himself is pretty good is a good day-- and Lopez did his business outside--Everything helps eh?--LOL-LyndA

      Delete
  2. LOVE that you played your piano. I know everyone there enjoyed it and I hope you'll continue playing..every day if you can.
    I dont know Lynda....if I could go back it would probably be 20 and nut with the smarts and confidence to make wiser decisions. Everything happens for a reason and it all works out. Each age has challenges.
    You have a lot of grandkids...looks like Christmas will be expensive gifting all if them but they are your grandkids.
    Cheap grocery stop for you. Hope you can stay out of store for a bit.
    Hope Beau does well with grooming trip.
    Relax and play your piano.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there--- yes--we do have Grandchildren-They are such good people!-Lynda

      Delete
  3. Oh, my...grand children! On my facebook page and on my pc desktop I have photos of my doctor son's brood. (the facebook photo is missing his youngest) I had two each from my 2 sons still in the Chicago area and one from my daughter here near me. Wish I could hold them all close forever and give them their heart's desires.
    I am out of bananas, but the snow is falling steadily, my car is covered and it would take much effort to dig it out. Oh, for a garage like I used to have!
    Love it that you finally made banana bread! It's so good! I do have one blueberry muffin lefts.
    Music is such a soul saver. I have music on 'til evening when the tv goes on. I wish I could have continued lessons, but my step-father didn't like my practicing.
    We need our hair days, our music, our good books and naps. They help keep our sanity intact! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all those tongs( the naps etc)-keep us sane cmon t thy?--Good got hear from yu-Lynda

      Delete
  4. For sure, it takes us a while to figure out how to relax through life's stresses. I'm not nearly as stressed now as I was when I was younger. So, in answer to your question about what age? I think I'll take whatever life gives me... I'm fine right where I am.

    Love that you are doing something (playing the piano) that you love and carries your troubles away! I put on music especially this time of year to shut out the strident stuff in the world and remember that Life is Good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life IS good Barb! ---(better than the alternative)--LOL--always good to hear from yu--Lynda

      Delete
  5. We only have one grand, a boy who will be 12 Christmas Eve. So not a lot of gifts, but he loves Legos, so it’s not cheap, either. Hid Dad’s birthday is Christmas Day, so he does not get a cake anymore. Can’t have two birthday cakes in the house, plus the Christmas baking. Glad you played the piano again. Playing music is god for your brain, and fun, too. Glad you got those bananas. I might order one when I order for Friday, still not going into stores here in Texas. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear 2 masks in a store-- but I go in-- have had 5 vaccines (crazy!)- plus the flu shot-but I still got a mild version of covid in the summer-I thought it was an allergy-- Lynda

      Delete
  6. Such a nice looking family…..you definitely deserve credit for raising them to be the people they are today!! Glad you were able to enjoy your piano! ❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely LOVE playing the piano- --Nice that yu wrote-Lynda

      Delete
  7. You have a beautiful family Lynda....glad you got to play for the pups, I know they like the music and I bet Himself does too. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet your piano playing is not that bad! Certainly much better than mine as I can't play at all. And as long as the fur babies and himself like it - who cares. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved listening to my mom playing the piano. She tried to get me to learn but it just wasn't my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Sounds like you did good getting the bananas yesterday Wahoo.

    Awwww, glad that wee Lopez does so well on his ‘business trips’.

    So happy that you enjoyed the piano playing It does lift the mood and spirits, doesn’t it!

    Oh, I’d go back to my 30’s momentarily, but do like where I’m @ now. Would NOT want to have to re-learn the lessons I’ve learned along the way to where I am now!

    Kids do definitely add spice to life, as do grandkids.

    Here’s to a wonderful Wednesday

    Hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!